1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: Customer Support and Shipping Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Received two boxes today which completes my orders. Thank you to Portalarium staff for continuing to ship boxes and imagine how good it will feel when you ship that last box!

2. UnionJill

UnionJill Avatar

I finally got my box. I was missing some items, but at this point...I got the box and lesson learned

3. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Stamps.com tracking report said that my package was delivered yesterday, but the mail came and there wasn't a box. So I wrote Support and Chris to let them know that the mail carrier must of mis-delivered it.

Well, my son stepped out the door a few mins. ago to go to work and there it was! (It wasn't there this morning at 7am) YEA!!!
    Either USPS delivers on Sunday or the person it got mis-delivered to came by and dropped it off. The tape sealing the shipping box was intact and everything seems to be there. I've written Support & Chris again to let them know it arrived.

And now I'm going off to merrily translate some runes before falling asleep. (I'm a day sleeper & I'm up far too late) :D

Thank you Chris and the rest of the crew for getting my box of neeto-keeno stuff to me!!! HUG!!!

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You'd be amazed as how many 'misdeliveries' are really close by. :) It's usually left with a neighbor (ie in the wrong box) or somewhere you didn't expect it (such as a side door).. Sounds like a neighbor got it and left it for you.

Montaigne, Jaesun and unicornslady like this.
  5. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Yes, that some kind soul dropped it off is my best guess too. Usually I'm the one delivering someone's mis-delivered mail to them. I've even gotten mail from clear across town! Over 35 years of other folk's mail turning up in my mailbox (usually over three per month), but hardly ever has a package of mine gone astray (I can think of two) or I would of warned Chris and sent him money to make the package a registered package. I've never had a registered package go missing.

Although it just might of been the USPS. I briefly did a search after I got my package and found out that USPS does do priority express mail on Sundays for some cities. I just didn't expect Denver to count as a big enough city for such a thing. :rolleyes:

6. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

this is my concern right now.... I've been traveling since January, and finally have a trustworth address (which I updated to my account as soon as I got it).... so.... I just wait?

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Deremon

Deremon Avatar

Still waiting my box, no email so far :(
    I'm waiting for August 16 "deadline" as DarkStarr said, but I doubt something will happen

K1000 likes this.
  8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'd recommend emailing to Chris Spears directly at cspears@portalarium.com with your account info and updated shipping address.

Cordelayne, Kirthag and Jaesun like this.
  9. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Chris said on a recent stream (last week) that not all physical rewards from high level backers have been sent and they are waiting for Richard to sign things and ship those items back to Portalarium so they get those out.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Deremon and HoustonDragon like this.
  10. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

and done... thank you.

*next day edit*
    Got a direct reply from Chris, and will be discussing with him directly.
    Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    HoustonDragon and majoria70 like this.
  11. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Still no box, still no emails regarding shipping. My address info has always been correct on their system, this was confirmed by support almost a year ago (when my package was originally meant to be sent out, apparently).

August 16th came and went a week ago, so I think they've had enough time! Emailed both support and Chris this morning to see if I can get any more info. It would be nice to receive my stuff at some point.

Cordelayne, John Markus and Isidorius like this.
  12. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I have not yet received my Duke Box.

Cypher Black

StarLord likes this.
  13. Hitfan

Hitfan Avatar

Well, I did get my signed copy of Shroud a couple of weeks ago. I've been playing the game in offline mode ever since.

Thank you for fulfilling my order.

14. Rustic Dragon

Rustic Dragon Proprietor of the Hearth

I live in Chicago and have reported problems like this to my local branch multiple times. During the winter, it's not uncommon for packages to be marked as delivered but not actually delivered until later in the day (their excuse is that the equipment doesn't work in the cold so they have to mark them all in the truck). However, sometimes the package is a day late. Sometimes two. A few weeks ago, I had a new record. A package appeared EIGHT DAYS after being marked as delivered via the tracking.

The frustrating part is if I ever request an official investigation into a missing package, they just come back two weeks later and say "the tracking says it was delivered, so you should have it." As if I didn't know that already! And then they don't do anything about it. Every time I go to the local branch, I'm not angry. I say the same thing "you guys need to know this is happening or you can't do anything about it. Here's another data point."

Thankfully, it's gotten better in my neighborhood as I was told by the local manager that we now have a permanent "seasoned" carrier on the route instead of "young kids who don't know what they're doing" (their words, not mine). But it's become such a widespread issue that it's starting to become accepted. :(

Even Amazon now has a help section that says "what do I do if my package says it's delivered but it's not here" and their answer is "wait 3 days then contact us." How awful is that? My issue is this. Exactly how long am I supposed to wait before I file a police report and/or request a replacement? Since it can arrive any time between a few hours and EIGHT days after it's marked as delivered, when do I reach out for help?

What's worse is that I used to work in a building here that did product photography. We would regularly meet up in the mail room lamenting packages that claimed to be delivered but were missing. They told me that they were getting screwed because they offered a "guaranteed same day turnaround" if products were delivered before a certain time of day. Package after package was marked as delivered early in the morning but not arriving until after 5:00 p.m. or the next day or sometimes several days. They kept having to do free work or stay late into ridiculous hours because of this problem.

Sorry for the small rant here. I hope this experience helps anyone else dealing with this issue in knowing that you're not alone! The best you can do is politely tell your local branch manager every time it happens.

I'm glad to see it arrived though!

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

3 days is reasonable but waiting is not helpful. I ship out packages daily what we tell customers is.. 1: Look around at places a package may have been left. 2: Ask your neighbors.. and if it still doesn't show up.. 3: talk to your local PO. If they can't help you, let us know and we'll send out a replacement. The majority of the time a package is usually nearby and actually does turn up. However.. do NOT wait for a week or more. The longer it's missing the harder it'll be to find. The best time to act is the moment you know something is awry. Go through the steps right away.. then wait 3 days if you need to.. then go back to the shipper.

And it's true, most of the time if the customer does a little looking the package does show up. It'll either be left at a side door.. or hiding behind other mail in the back of their mailbox or any number of other scenarios. Of course I can't speak of situations where they intentionally do the delivery scan early. That's beyond annoying but does explain the times when a customer calls us and says "it says it's delivered but not here!" and they find it later in the day.

What really annoys me is when they deliver a package but DON'T do the delivery scan.

However, a delivery scan tells you one thing for certain (or mostly certain).. your PO did have the package at some point. So it's nearby. Unless of course it's the one package that was supposed to ship to a PO Box in New York and ended up in a high class clothing store in western Wa.! I will never understand the number of blunders that made that one possible! (yes we did have that happen! but we tracked it down and got it to where it needed to go).

Problem with USPS is you really have very little recourse. Most USPS services are NOT guaranteed.

HoustonDragon and StarLord like this.
  16. Tormas Galka

Tormas Galka Avatar

Still waiting for mine. Case #130520

17. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Email to Chris at cspears@portalarium.com with your info. He's been good about following up on the shipments.

18. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I've emailed him twice (CC'd him on my support emails) and haven't had any response from anyone - not even an automated reply.

Paladin Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  19. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I also dropped a message on the SotA FB page to remind him as well. Good luck.

Paladin Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  20. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Traa laa laa.

Dropped Chris a message a wee bit ago.

If not sending soon, will have to update address again - will be traveling during the holidays. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.