Does anyone read the bug reports?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Damn game crashes a lot when I recall somewhere or while zoning. And it does not matter where. This has been happening ever since this release. I posted it in the bug forum. Would be nice if it got a response from a dev. Simply just by acknowledging it … geesh ….

arcdevil, Gairloch, Sentinel2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Chris is aware of this, started for me last release something to do with unloading/reloading scene objects.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Good. Because I can't enter NPC Towns anymore. Just PoTs. No kidding. Strangest bug I ever saw in this game.

arcdevil and Chatele like this.
  4. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

And what about the quest system? I've completed crooked shank, yet my quest log thinks I'm in the middle of it somewhere, and whenever I enter town all the NPCs attack me on sight!

[​IMG]

arcdevil likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Heard it was mainly a unity problem more than a SotA problem.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well, at least it is a Unity crash, yes. I can see that when the game freezes and I crash back to desktop.

Chatele likes this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

yep a unity crash

8. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Well dont try to enter my POT.
    Players have been falling to their deaths for about a year now zoning in. Opened bug reports pre and post serafina era.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ouch.

10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I know they have mentioned that, while they read the bug reports, they don't have the staff to answer them all. As to the zone crash, my husband has that and for him it is a system memory issue.. He has 16 GB, where I at 32 GB don't have the issue. We also notice that running Discord at the same time, increases the problem (probably more memory useage).

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I've submitted several over the past year or so and not one has been addressed.

arcdevil and Sentinel2 like this.
  12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've stopped submitting them. No responses to a few so not really worth my time. Not sure if they are watching.

OTOH. I have mentioned them from time to time when I see a dev online or catch them on a twitch stream. Until I see some effort on the forums, I'm busy playing instead.

Mishikal and arcdevil like this.
  13. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I choose to keep posting bug reports or re-posting some old one. Some minor bugs may secretly get fixed after a few months. I think the Dev should reply bug report frequently (e.g. already reported / cannot reproduce / will get fixed / too hard to fix etc...). People do not know if any Dev is going to fix the bug if no one reply it.

I find bugs for several categories get fixed real fast if you know which Dev is responsible for. For example, I know Sannio is working on quest bugs, so I keep posting quest bug or send a forum message to him. And now, all my bugged quest in the journal are cleared. I feel happy for such a fast response as compared to the bug of other categories.

I also noticed a pattern that bugs reported near the start of the release may get acknowledged but bugs reported near the middle of the release are mostly ignored. I hope other bugs may get a reply and get fixed very soon.

Jaesun, Paladin Michael and Spoon like this.
  14. oplek

oplek Avatar

Is the QA Rewards program still going? Or did that quietly stop without any announcement?

15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

That's no bug ;) If you have decided to find out the truth what's going on in this town and attacked the mayor, they attack you every time later when entering ...
    That's the price for telling the truth, sometims - people don't like you anymore ;)

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I write alot of bug reports - and yes, most of them are responded.

What I recognized:
    1. Bugs about deco / housing stuff and World Building is addressed very fast!
    2. Bugs about quests are handled different. Bugs referring to Hidden Vale are not high priorized. I assume, Sannio will solve this part later, when he re-works the whole story there ...
    3. Some bugs seem never to get attention (Grass and Trees clipping through Houses - well, the "clipping" thing is also still there depending on what our Avatar wears ... May be someday a new Version of Unity will solve this?
    4. Rewards for bug reporting seem to have been suspended for months ...

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Just from looking, i see sannio and wizardsmoke responding to bug reports all the time.

But they do tend to focus on bugs related to areas they focus on working on (sannio does quest bugs, wizardsmoke seems to look at all categories)

18. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I read the bug reports every week. The current and past releases both. Since I am not able to watch all the livestreams it helps me keep up to date. Reading the patch logs helps also. I have had some issues on first loading the game and having it stick on a black screen but no problems zoning in. Cear Dragon Have you tried changing the zone in point? Tell me you POT and I will try going there.

And a note on the QA testing. This was a comment made during the SOTAICON:"Will improve QA testing rewards" so oplek I would look for the QA server to be busier once this is implemented.

19. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Errr.. this isn't the..

You see I'm trying to re-initialize the quest so that the quest log registers that I've completed it as such.
    I can't do this, because part of it registers that - yes, it has been completed -

The quest log itself, however, doesn't correlate with that data and thinks I am still somewhere in the middle of it, and so I have an unsightly quest indicator which I cannot remove from my tasks.

Paladin Michael and arcdevil like this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

what quest specifically is in your log book?

Paladin Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.