Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Desolis - Epitaph: Vermillion Lens Shard not available ...

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Paladin Michael, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

10/19/2019 21:36
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? can't receive the Vermillion lens shard, even I got the quest
    Details / Steps to Reproduce:
    Quest task: "Find the Vermillion Lens" sends us to Grannus Colossus.
    If we visit the Epitaph first, to get the page of Humility and Pride (Obsidian Chest near Troll), the lens shard inside the Destiny Pool isn't available at this time ...

This makes no sense. We receive the quest from Oracle to find 8 pages and 3 lenses.
    I understand, the Obsidian Chests aren't available/accessable BEFORE we got this quest.
    And I understand, the Pool of Destiny also will not provide the lense shard BEFORE we got this quest.

However it wouldn't be a problem to get this shard before by accident, while exploring the Epitaph...
    The Obsidian chests could be magical sealed until the Oracle send us to find them.

--> So if we haven't visited the Grannus Colossus first, the Vermillion Lens Shard is not inside Destiny Pool <--

If a player decides to visit the Destiny Pool first, he just get the page, but not the lens shard and has to come back again ...

Consider: The Satyr who is guarding the destiny pool says, we won't get the lens!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1053.Date.10.17.19
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-159.0, 130.0, -126.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTE1OC45NjUsIDEzMC4wNCwgLTEyNi45MDYpfCgwLCAwLjc0OSwgMCwgMC42NjMpfDQ1Ny4xMzEyfC00LjEzMDQxN3wxLjI1

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

you have to get the grannus one first. cuz that is how you learn is was broken into 3 shards, and then you get the quest to get the one part from the epitaph. The oracle did not know it was broken, watchers let her down LOL this is why I always do grannus first.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

For sure this is the Quest mechanism - but unfortunately not logical ... I assume, the lense shard is not thrown into the Destiny Pool just at the moment we find out about it is broken ;)
    And IF so, the Satyr shouldn't tell us, we won't get the lense ;)

And even if the oracle does not know anything about it (or just won't tell it) - the lens shard should be inside the Destiny Pool when she tells us to find the lenses ...

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But then it would be there before your even on the quest and people might be like WTF IS THIS? I agree with ya though, should be there.

5. Paladin Michael

Yes, people could think: what is this? But because it is marked as quest symbol, it could not be destroyed ;)
    For sure, there could be an information: "Quest item - you don't have this quest yet"

Wouldn't it be interesting to find items, not knowing, what they are useful for? Like it happens in real life.
    And in most adventure games you collect what you find - knowing, it could be helpful later :)

An example, how it could happen:
    I find a book - not knowing this book contains a secret text passage ...
    [Well, we have alot of books in our game ;)]

Days / Months later I am inside a dungeon / house / cavern ... and there is a riddle.
    People who haven't read the book providing the hint, never will know to solve it ...

Such things would be amazing. It's more like things which are surprisingly there.
    Not "Go there, find this, bring it there..."

Could provide nice side quests for explorer :)

Mac2 likes this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for all the feedback! Issue #65917

Paladin Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.