Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

QA & Patch Notes need to be updated faster...

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Alright, so we are now 5:50 Est, Wednesday, about 30 hours from release 71.

When you read the patch notes, it is either filled with "INSERT INFO HERE" or "This was patched into R70".

How does Catnip want us to test things? Seriously, the past few releases have seen most of the patch notes info appear in the last 24 hours, it doesn't make sense. You have no testing crew except from us, your players, and are known to release buggy things (and hey I wont blame you on that part, bugs are 100% expected, but at least give us a chance to find them before they go live like that Tartarus chest...). This means, you should be giving us most if not all the info day 1 of QA, so we have the week to test things... The model used in the past few releases makes no sense, you could basically just scrap QA and let things go live all the time at this point, because we wont be getting the info in time to test it (if it is in game, that is another factor...)

Or is this another : If you watch the streams you would have gotten the info? Because if it is, this is pushing it a bit too far...

I would love to hop on QA and test new things, but honestly when I don't know what to look for, no, I don't want to simply walk around see if you accidentally left a floating in the air as I'm doing 100% normal stuff, I want to go in with a goal in mind, test new things...

Please, if you want to add another thing to your changes as Catnip games, please, have QA become an actual test environment and not just a side server that has barely any use 1 week per month...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Barugon and Jaesun like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh, I missed that, thanks for the info!

But my point still stands that QA info lately has been less and less "on time" if I may, feels like every month we end up with less time to test info, there was even a month where they added info in the Release announcement, after I talked about it, in the announcement section.

4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

And please, let noncritical changes actually get into QA before going live.... that virtue cloak "fix" that caused the fizzle problems? How was that so urgent that it couldn't be allowed a full QA run BEFORE it was implemented? You look at the incremental patch notes, and it seems very few of them couldn't have waited until the full monthly release. Sure, once in a while there might be a critical thing that can't wait for testing, but that should be the exception rather than the rule. As the cloak thing shows, it's not just major new systems that can cause problems if implemented without proper testing.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's always the last Thursday of the month.

[edit] Actually, that's not always true. They usually publish the Thursday before the November and December holidays.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah, I was simply used to QA being 1 week before release, figured R71 was earlier this month, that is why.

Barugon likes this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Still does not remove the point he/she is trying to make. He/She has a very valid point.
    Most of the time the release notes get filled with the actual release. It just does not make sense. It looks like that they do not know exactly what is going to be inserted into the release notes and wait for the very last moment to fill it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.