Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pecan Nuts now cost 6 gold instead of 4. Can not grow Pecan Nuts

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Botocks, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

10/26/2019 23:01
    Title: Pecan Nuts cost now 6 instead of 4. Can't grow Pecan Nuts!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Only things that we can grow are supposed to increase in price. Pecan Nuts increased from 4 to 6. But we can not grow them. A lot of crafted foods that use pecan nuts will get more expensive to craft. As an alternative: give us pecan nut seeds and let us grow them :)
    Steps to Reproduce: Buy Pecan Nuts from Judy Gurtner in Kiln
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.878.Date.10.25.19
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Kiln
    Area Display Name: Kiln
    Loc: (6.4, 33.7, 2.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9LaWxufHwoNi4zOTksIDMzLjcwOCwgMi44NzMpfCgwLCAtMC45OTcsIDAsIDAuMDgxKXwxODguOTE3NXwxMi42MzQ0NXw4LjI0MTkwMw==

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    tolgator, Mac2, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they can't be grown, but they CAN be gathered. same goes for eggs in your other post, and i'm guessing mushrooms and cinnamon and cooking salt. they aren't products of agriculture, but that doesn't mean they're not ripe for balancing the same way. i myself have SUCH a stash of cinnamon that i've never even tried to sell to players...

...so i'm not sure this was intended, but not sure it's wrong, either.

Sean Silverfoot and Jaesun like this.
  3. Lilofee

Lilofee Avatar

I need approximately 7500 Pecanuts each month for running my food business, additional costs of 15k Gold each month. Expecting each squirrel to drop 5 Pecanuts at least, this makes 1500 Squirrels that I have to hunt and skin. Or I kill thousands of trees and Reapers.

I don't think that this price increasal will help to establish a player owned pecanut-vendor somewhere. It will only lead to a price increasal of food or me earning even less gold (it is not worth running this business anyway, but I am not willing to disappoint loyal customers nor being the next player quitting the markets).

Having the possibility to grow Pecanut-Tress would be an option I could live with. But then please add the seeds at the same time as you increase the prices, not somewhen later.

Botocks likes this.
  4. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

@Alley Oop Chris specifically said that the price changes are for things that can be grown. Not things you can gather.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

6. Lilofee

Lilofee Avatar

I do not hope it was intended. Following your proposal I see myself running through all the markets checking all vendors to figure out whether they sell 100 Pecanuts. Don't think that this will work. After your huge stacks will be sold out you will really have a hard time to reproduce stacks of 1000 Pecanuts to refill your vendor. But I am willing to give you a try :D (fun fact: our whole guild is collecting pecanuts for me, we hardly make 1k each month all together).

Jaesun and Botocks like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Pecan Nuts are now back to 4 gold. Confirmed on Alicia Jorden in Aerie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.