Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I really like the indirect target looting!

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Not the area of affect looting some people have been asking for since it only loots one corpse at a time, but a good compromise and very very helpful to those of us that are bad at looting for one reason or another. I'm so bad at looting ghosts I usually just leave them but not anymore!

For anyone wondering:
    You need to be near the corpse for this to work, but you don't have to be right on top of it or find the tiny little area to put your cursor.
    This does not work for mining or harvesting which makes sense to me but does seem to work for skinning creatures
    It decides what you are closest to to loot but if you want to be specific you can still do the cursor over what you want, a direct target overrides the indirect target.

I'll do more testing on it in case of bugs but I really like what i see so far!

Jason_M, Astirian, Lazlo and 3 others like this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Ok I did a bit more testing...

You don't indirectly target and pick up random objects (coils of rope lying around a mine) or break open boxes/barrels so that is good.

You can also indirectly target and open for loot by double clicking the mouse. I think this is ok since that is another normal way to interact with things (you need to click the button to actually loot here, double clicking again doesn't take all)

However I also noticed that if you click two skills on your bar in fast succession (or double click one) this seems to count as a double click and opens up the loot window. That is not good if you are in the middle of a fight! Clicking on skills should not count as a click for looting purposes. I will add a thread in the bug forum for this.

3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I am SOOOO looking forward to this. Should remove a lot of needless frustration.

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I was wondering why I was suddenly looting during a fight!

Have you bug reported it?

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I did bug report it in the Combat Skills and Magic forum and the bug was addressed/ fixed. I no longer start skinning during a fight by clicking on the combat bar. Double clicking not on the combat bar would still trigger it but that would be as planned. If you are still having issues please add your concerns to the bug thread or start a new one.

Jason_M likes this.
  6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Thanks for getting it taken care of :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.