Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

deco pallet comments

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by skeggy Media, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I can see the town items when I open the decopallett and when I go onto a lot it displays the deco of the Lot.
    when in my home as a co owner I can only see the containers and not the contents.

other players might not like the ability for me to see there deco

and I cannot search for a particular item in a box.

the show deco indicatore switched on this meant I could see pot tree and grass removers in town it possibly should be set by default to off to save loads of confusion

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Spoon and Bedawyn like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How do you get into the pallete?

3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

To access the Deco Palette:

[​IMG]

Click on Window Selector then in the list, click on Deco Palette.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why are all my placed items in the decoration palette? This will make it extremely difficult to determine which items are currently placed or not. There needs to be an option to not show placed items!

[edit] Ok, never mind. I see that items which haven't been placed are grayed out and shown at the end of the list.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Belladonna Rose likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Is that what "Hiding/unhiding" means from the release notes?

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

BTW, this is going to be fantastic. I love that it switches between POT and lot automagically!

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Next step, let us /slew and deco while crafting. Boring crafting problem solved.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The decoration UI does that too.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Agreed, items that you don't personally have permission to do anything with should not show up in your pallette, even if you have other items on the lot that are yours.

Huh? Everything in my lists is greyed out AND placed, items in containers (not placed) do not appear. I'm guessing you can drag an item from your inventory to the pallette for it to be unplaced, though.

The usefulness of the palette is currently severely limited, as far as I can tell.

I was able to use it to reclaim two lost items, a lamp that was stuck in a wall and a flute that was --- who knows where. And while being able to reclaim items without bugging support IS very useful, the process was very catch as catch can. I only managed to get the flute because it occurred to me to try dragging it directly to me -- there's no indication in the pallette that it's possible to interact with items there, and I couldn't be sure until it was in my hands that it was actually my flute and not one belonging to the lot owner placed in their rooms. And if the flute had been in a container, it would still be lost.

For the lamp, I was just lucky that the first one I dragged did turn out to be the lost one and not one of the other identical ones, that I would have then had to fuss over putting back in their proper locations. (Placing outdoor decos on a row lot with a center-alcove house isn't exactly easy; there's only a tiny space where you can stand and both be on the lot and see what you're doing.) And that was just on a half-decorated row house. I don't want to think about what it would be like to find one item among a dozen identically named but differently placed ones in a fully decorated town house.

Including columns or tooltips that showed who placed the item, when it was placed, and its coordinates would make this feature much much useful.

Well, I DID finally manage to get rid of that damn login punishment dog -- tried to drag it onto the pallette to see if it would store there and if that's what "hidden" meant, on a lot that was already at its NPC limit, and the pallette just flashed and the dog disappeared; it's now nowhere to be found. Guess I won't be putting anything directly into the pallette that I'd actually care about losing.

Spoon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They reversed it before publishing R71. Now placed items are grayed out and unplaced items are at the top of the list.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Ah, cool, I didn't notice the date of your earlier post. So is that what "hidden" means then? I'm still not seeing what the use cases for this are, other than finding lost items. It doesn't seem very useful as storage, shared or otherwise, if there's no way to organize things within it and they still count against the lot limits, even if not placed. That dog was the only untradable thing I had on that character when I was testing -- will it take other nontradable things, assuming they're not above the limits?

(The dog, alas, returned to my inventory after relogging. *sigh* )

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not intended as storage. It's meant to be a place to put decorations that other people can use to decorate your lot.

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just wish it would stop bugging out on me. We tore apart the town and now I'm so frustrated I just left it a mess.

High hopes for tomorrows patch.

15. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

"a place to put" things IS storage. :)

How are you guys using this? What are the use cases?

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's essentially a way to hide decorations without actually picking them up.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

to help cs: people can find their own items lost in walls rather then emailing support to come fetch them out.

to help people who charge to do deco in game: someone with a bunch of deco, some of which may be no-trade, can dump it into the pallet for a decorator to then arrange. can't do that with no-trade items by the old way of putting them in containers, and the new heritage items means a big increase in no-trade deco.

to actively manage player quests: somebody who's watching a player's progress through a quest could move a treasure chest from hidden to placed when they complete it.

to quickly pick up or send to placer's bank many things without having to go find each one.

Barugon and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.