Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Death Shield nerf

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by Barugon, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anyone know what the upcoming nerf to Death Shield will be?

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is all I've managed to gather! Hope this helps!

Jk :p But is Death Shield being nerfed R71? Man some of my guildie are gonna be upset :eek:

Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, nope!
    That's what @Chris said on his stream (although he didn't use the word "nerf").

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not against this change, but they should remove the negative heal modifier also. It didn't used to have that, but they added it because it was such a strong skill.

Feeyo, Lorfyyr, Dhanas and 1 other person like this.
  6. Michael DragonBreath

Michael DragonBreath Avatar

I agree with removing the negative heal modifier, or perhaps throttling back the returned health percentage a bit. I'm not seeing much more discussion on this thread since the release came out, but for me this nerf is a massive over-correction that has had a dramatic impact my ranged build. I don't PVP, but I do a lot of solo PVE, and once again I have to feel the pain as we somehow have to maintain this "delicate balance" between PVPers that once it gets out of wack, forces ripples thru the community. Well this ones too much of a game-changer for my liking, and Chris needs to rethink this change and consider another approach - cap the Death Shield skill, remove the negative heal, or limit the returned health at a certain level or for PVP. This broad-brushed approach of dealing with a problem limited to a few people that have pushed Death Shield to the point of being vastly OP does little more than trade off one problem for another.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Death shild was not only OP in PvP, at level 120, you could block out 80% of physical damage, and that is for PvE as well, and this wasnt relying on either attunement or any stat, it was sinply : Get Death Shield to 120 and you have 80% mitigation, who ever you are, now, you still get 40%. It was a necessary fix. Look at how the other shields block out right now to see how this is now balances :

Shield of Crystal, gives extra health and Earth attunement. If you Spec, you also get some avoidance, for a CHANCE to block 66% of the damage.

Shield of Ice, Gives 20% fire resistance, and some avoidance, giving you a CHANCE to block 66% of the damage.

Immolation, damage damage damage.

Shield of Air, transfers incomming damage into focus at x rate. This rate can range from 2x more to 60% less, IF you have high attunement AND high dexterity.

The one thing you could ask from death shield is to have it scale a bit with attunement for intensity and not only duration, maybe allowing 60-70% mitigation IF you have the high attunement to go with it, but that would be the only thing that might make it fair.

Btw the top level in my guild uses almost Death shield exclusively nowadays, and he said he could do just fine since the nerf, he just had to manage his HP a bit more, so maybe look into how you can better compliment your build around death shield?

jschoice and Dhanas like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree with removing the negative healing modifier.

[edit] BTW, Shield of Air is not usable in PvP due to Torpid Torment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.