The Reinvention of the SotA Streamer Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justyn, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

This all sounds like another broke system that really hasn't helped out the game as a whole. Catnip doesn't have the bandwidth to monitor or track how this program is running. In the few times I've caught a stream other then Chris's I had never seen a new player emerge, only the same crew of people.

2. necronut

necronut Avatar

Elgarion, Fzol, Gravidy, and Taikee are great streamers at keeping the conversation positive about the game and being able to discuss various avenues to go down when exploring the game and the available content therein. If I had my druthers, these would be the only current streamers receiving anything from Catnip, with a few exceptions, but those are my top 4 positive voices with as much interest in the content as they have in the money to be made from being a streamer.

I regret nothing by speaking honestly either. Either learn to regulate from myriad existing games that have done this for years, or leave it like it is and see zero growth from streamers. At that point, Catnip might as well order everyone who streams the game a pizza every day they stream and get rid of the cotos. That's all they're for: give me cotos, I feed myself by converting it to twitch subs.

EDIT: The game needs more "Check out this game!" and less "BUY MY STUFF!" more "There are layers of complexity here that deserve more attention." and less "GIVE ME MONEY!" Be that voice, the subs and bits will happen... like it happens in literally every game on twitch.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

It was a broke system but I can tell you @Chris is actively working on creating an actual working system and this post is the actual beginning and reason for existing. It's the talk of every active streamer privately and publicly (like today on @Phamyns stream) and we're all collaborating on making it something we can work with and like.

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure they can mark Cotos they give out as something streamers cannot spend themselves. That should be a given.

:(

Sonja likes this.
  4. necronut

necronut Avatar

Girlsname likes this.
  5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Respectfully I must disagree with you @necronut. I do think TaiKee's stream is positive about the game, I have to say that Fzol's goal is to make the game better but he has had some instances of negativity about the game. And that's perfectly fine in my eyes. We don't want to sugar coat the game because people don't have respect for that. I agree that @Phamyns is positive, and I have not seen a stream by Elgarion yet.

There are MANY streamers for Shroud who are positive about the game. It's important to recognize them, and only supporting four is a mistake. This community is different than most gaming communities, and for helping promote the game there should be recognition. If they log on in hope's that the Devs will raid them, so what? It's probably because they aren't getting the support they need from the rest of the Sota streamers who only raid a select few.

You have to do the work though. I honestly think there needs to be more promotion on social media. I'm on twitter, and we retweet the hell out of each others tweets, as well as Catnip Games. I retweet Phamyns all the time, and my streams are all about promoting the game and supporting the community. @Alleine Dragonfyre is out there in other games trying to pull people over and she throws huge parties and gives away the streamer cotos she's earned. @alphaine constructs these amazing buildings in game that are absolutely impressive. There IS a game niche for people who love to deco. Strider's streams show of different hunting grounds of the game. He's consistent and he has fun with his friends. It's a fun stream! @Arkah EMPstrike has just started streaming, and he just did one where he beat a dragon solo, there are people who want to know how to do that! @Ladyvanhelsing is absolutely hilarious to watch. She goes around and reviews people's houses, has a whole set up for it, records it and everything. And there are more people than that! @Torque @Lightiger8 @literallyvish, @Girlsname @Gravidy @cafe8 @Dulayne @Serialnewb. Those are the ones I know. I think with the proper support, we have an army of streamers who could reach a lot more than just a select few.

Not trying to open a can of worms, just wanted to point out that it's going to be a mistake if we only support 4 streamers, when there are many others who put out content that promotes the game in a positive way and who do the work.

The Devs need a couple lists. One that outlines what points streamers need to fulfill in the effort to promote the game. And a list of streamers who do those things. It'll be easier to choose who is awarded with what based on that. There doesn't need to be any contractual obligations. And the Devs can give out whatever is appropriate to those streamers who will actually give them away and not keep them. If that's in a form of Drops or special stream cotos that streamers can't use, so be it. Whatever it is. It just needs to be a tool for streamers to reward their viewers because they are working hard to do that. This is also not the place for popularity contests among the streamers. We need to all be supporting each other so that we aren't missing out on valuable content that could be put out there. Use your best unbiased judgement and raid each other, not just the streamers with big numbers. We can lift everyone up and show that this game has a pulse.

6. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Just saw @Elgarion stream, yes I like his stream very much! I think his stream setup is awesome and is something we can all strive to build towards on our own. Promoting the game AND the community! *cheers* That's the spirit right there!

Geaux, necronut, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  7. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Geaux, Girlsname, necronut and 2 others like this.
  8. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

Hey Folks,

A lot of opinions here and that is good, we all have passion for this product & in the end I feel everyone here wants it to succeed.
    However this "Streamer Reward Program" goes from here it MUST have guidelines, Fair Overseers who will stick with it and stay on top of monitoring the top 10 Streamers at least.
    The rewards should range from a certain amount of CoTo's per month to other IN-Game incentivizing rewards that can then be passed down to New or up-&-coming players by the Streamers.

OK Groovy Cats, less typing more Streaming.
    See you in game or in Twitch.
    ** https://www.twitch.tv/house_of_mangar_theater

** https://twitter.com/House_of_Mangar

Regards,

Fzol

9. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Maybe it doesn't have to be 10k cotos, you can reward more people that way. Maybe 5k cotos, which is still a big chunk to give away. Maybe 10k for those few top streamers, like top 3. 5k for top 10 under them, 3k for top 15 under them, and so on.

Geaux and Sonja like this.
  10. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Which metric is even being used right now anyway?

Watch time, stream time, viewer count ect?

11. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I've been under the impression it's most viewed within a 30 day period. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Geaux, calkano (PAX) and Sonja like this.
  12. necronut

necronut Avatar

I'm not surprised to find out that not all of my words were read, I must point out, again, that I said "with a few exceptions," I just named some favorites and immediately a few people take exception to the fact that I didn't name them specifically.

Look, it's simple... either fix it, or get rid of it. Literally ZERO other game companies on twitch have this problem.

13. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

You're right, I did take offense and so did some others who are working towards the same goal. Playing favorites and keeping everyone else in the background is not the way to build a strong community.

Gridseed and calkano (PAX) like this.
  14. necronut

necronut Avatar

Again... read what I wrote. I said "with a few exceptions."

15. necronut

necronut Avatar

Do I need to name literally every streamer? I'm just a dude with an opinion... based in 100% fact. I love the game and I'm not selling anything or asking my viewers to sub so they can get a chance at a giveaway that cost me nothing.

But I'm not interested in streaming the game until this little program is made honest.

16. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

No you don't need to name every streamer, but there are more than 4 who contribute in a positive way. Naming people shows respect and recognition, and in the spirit of being "positive" it would be great to throw some kudos their way. I don't know who is asking for subs and bits for giveaways, I understand that that is not really about promoting the game. If they want to be a promoter, one if those guidelines should be to NOT do that. I think we can all agree on that.

17. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I streamed once or twice and didn’t give out cotos. Put my name down, since it makes a difference now

Sonja and necronut like this.
  18. necronut

necronut Avatar

Again... read what I wrote, I said "with a few exceptions."

I'm not going to personally name every streamer I think adds value, I named a few favorites and moved on with my main point. My main point, by the way, was not to read up to the part that made me mad and then put my blinders on and zero in on just one thing cause it hurt my feelings.

Again... for the umteen millionth time, please, read what I wrote, I said "with a few exceptions."

Coincidentally, if you had read what I wrote, you just agreed with my main thesis all along.

19. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

You can be a shroud promoter and have a chance to recieve items for giveaways upon agreement to these guidelines:
    -Asking for Subs, Bits, and Donations to unlock giveaways is prohibited.
    -Sign up on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to support and follow Catnip Games and ffellow streamers.
    -Share creative game content at least once a week. Content can include in-game social events, combat/skills talk, PvP, tips and tricks, Decorating, in-game roleplay, events, contests, etc.

I'm sure there is more you all can add to this list.

But to be eligible for giveaway items from the Devs, you have to follow the guidelines and you have to be signed up.

20. necronut

necronut Avatar

I'm glad to see you agree and 100% reiterate every point I made a couple days ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.