No Trade....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jayfire, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They don't make new craftable items anymore, and I don't see what purpose it serves at all to make bookshelves, etc, no trade. As I was saying, if they wanted to sell an even cheaper no trade version, I would be OK with that. But flat out making almost everything in the store no-trade? Forget it.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is the problem. They expect you to buy something for $50 that is forever tied to your account.

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

if no trade needs to be 100 COTO's per deco =) :)
    dollar store!...

Sentinel2 and Mishikal like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

The reason they need to make more money to stay solvent is because they're losing players, and they're losing players because of decisions they're making, including ones like this IMO.

I don't care about RMT. Let me put it simply: being unable to trade items is not fun as gameplay. Heck, buying things in the add-on store isn't fun gameplay -- getting stuff in in the game world through adventuring and crafting is more fun -- but at least add-on store things you could trade were more fun than things that you couldn't.

So yea, they're trying to stay solvent. But in the process IMO, they've been digging a hole for themselves, and IMO they keep on digging.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

They should have cheaper versions in the crown shop, heck most stuff should be cheaper and I would buy more. What ever happened to the cheaper price versions we were promised?

Seems that last craftable thing similar to the crown store item was the maniequinns nothing since. :(

But I can understand they need to make money, to the point where stuff shoukd be priced to have them make a little money to keep the lights on. Im sure the less players there are buying stuff the more things need to be priced to try and recouped losses.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Here's the fun part about economy: movement of goods and services.

Here's the fun part about no trade:

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Holiday gift giving should be interesting... Here's cotos for you, oh thanks for the cotos! Blah.

Sulaene Moon, Mishikal and Bedawyn like this.
  8. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Just for the sake of accuracy, I do believe there's a craftable version of one of the new gnomes. Not that that alone makes up for the rest of it.

I'd love to see the actual stats for Crown store purchases, month by month, for this year and last. There's nothing else that would convince me Heritage items are helping their bottom line instead of hurting it.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is really disappointing what has happened. Here we thought or some of us thought we would have exciting things to come to the future but alas heritage (no trade) has taken over. Going from one extreme to the other because of complaints from those who won't or can't spend a few bucks on their monthly entertainment if given the right incentives.

Now Gone are the opportunities for marketable items we had and could have had again. RMT tradeable selleable items kept this game alive. Selling bundles and themed bundles could have been exciting for those able and willing players who enjoy spending on certain things to support the game and their in game imaginations.

All the pitiful offerings we have to dredge money out of players is lackluster compared to offerings we could have had coming up for episode 2. Things such as pirate themed, mount themed, treasure hunting themed, boating themed. I just don't see how we can work around that. Many games have bundles to buy and fun things. We have deco and more deco.

We do have the Lord of the Isle which may be exciting for the few who can and will spend that. Lack of payment plans doesn't help as we had in earlier days. We have no lower priced bundles to reach out and interest lower spending amounts.

Perhaps this money conversation offends many but it is a fact of life for this game. I am not convinced taking RMT out of the game will benefit it at all.

Anyway this is in my opinion as someone who has supported the game financially with a pledge, purchases, and the rewards program, and also as a cheer leader too hoping for the game to become a success.

I truthfully cannot find much upcoming mentioned to be excited about. My past ideas and thoughts from many years just seem to fall to the wayside. We hear of dungeon building, LUA, and new scenes but we don't hear of basics this game never had coming into the game. So we go off on another direction again and don't address what needs addressed. Why now? Oh well my two-cents again.

Nortagems, moko, arcdevil and 10 others like this.
  10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Something I've noticed in my ESO experience (yes, here we go again).

Looks like most items ARE tradable. Until you open/use them for your character. The moment you place / use something, it's character bound. You can sell them to NPC's for a fraction of their original cost. Or deconstruct them for base components. An interesting middle ground to consider.

11. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

@DarkStarr & @Chris

LOL!!!

You guys got every pixel flipper in the game going bat sh*t crazy!!!

BTW!!! You guys got vegetables off the NPC vendors yet or just raise the price on them?
    Need to stock the vendors with fresh produce that players actually "need" so they can make that food that they "need" to play this game!!! LMAO!!!

Oh and also!!!
    LOVE THE NEW DUNGEON ENTRANCES!!!
    When I decide which one or three or four that I "WANT!"
    I'll buy em!!! They look great! :)

- Zeke

12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Do not try to blame this on low-income players or on free-to-play players.

In fact, it's not the fault of any part of the player base. The devs make their own choices, and they alone are responsible for the consequences of those choices.

13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

This is true. It can only be done if the devs allow it.

14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

And any items from Boss Raids are only tradable to people who were in your party up to a certain time period, then it's not tradable any longer. It's a plan I had always liked.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok yes I really don't know where the complaints came from so my bad if it was not the free to play or cannot pay community. So really I do not know who said what just that I do not even know what feedback sent things the way they are heading. I speak for the games success as always. Those who have funds to spend and want incentives to spend have not been incentivized to spend on this game. That does not say anything against free to play. We need all types of players.

I myself have played free to play games without spending anything. DC Universe is one, Star Wars Old Republic is another.
    Luckily some did spend on those and other games but most probably don't need the funding as desperately as this one does. So why cut if off? I'm in the rewards program which is not enough to help. I bought a couple of large coto packs a couple of months ago for my own use but my funds are more limited now since pledging in 2013. I still have enough for a little entertainment funds here and there since I rarely go out to eat anymore with lifestyle changes. As it stands this game probably won't get it. The incentives are gone and being wiped away as we speak.

The first realization I had of this is when I came back from my trip and discovered the holiday lights. So I purchased several sets of them and not thinking I placed them in Baldriths house as a gift only to be told he can't have them now or ever. He can move them but they will never be his. That was truly disappointing because at first he was excited but then it was just another disappointment. I cannot make it so he can have them at all.

So there you have it. We have been used to a way of life in this game and now it is suddenly gone as will we be one day. I had hoped for this game to have longevity and many reasons to play but no that is being taken away slowly and surely. Focus never came back to the ideas that were on my must-have list.

Hopefully all the distractions will be worth it because my hopes for the game are not happening anytime soon. As always here's hoping that one day we can get some basics in the game to fill in the missing gaps.

Things such as cooking getting masterworking and more alcohol use for brewing viability, an achievement/task system, a raid and battleground system, every merchant and scene offers dailies that are progressively changing and has lore to tell a story. We get the return of bundles that have themes. We hear that mounts and boating has a time line to come in in the near future. More detail added in as with Treasure hunting not being just another thing to grind for but adds more fun details instead of bare bones. Tabbed journal system that divides quest types and areas and tabs that tell of the features of the game like: housing, music system, dungeons, player dungeons, crafting etc. Of course there is so much more but just to name a few things not happening anytime soon that I hear about. Anyway Carry on as usual everyone.

Numa, arcdevil, Girlsname and 4 others like this.
  16. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I don't think it came from players at all, it came from the idea of developers. And it seems from another thread that Port/Catnip had planned long ago that it was going to eventually turn out this way. So it doesn't seem to be any single player base that made this change happen.

17. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Exactly. :-( They don't seem to have any understanding of the psychology of how to keep people buying, beyond the initial kickstarter based on Ultima nostalgia and LB loyalty. They apparently understood that really well, but they don't seem to have any clue about growing customers outside of it.

I've always been low-income and when I have had spending money, it's always gone to my tech interests, either upgrading my hardware or accounts or game stuff. I love the micro-transaction model, because it allows me to spend money on the things I love, in incremental amounts, when I would never be able to spend a huge amount of money at once.

But in the long run, I've never really been buying the stuff, because the stuff on its own, despite what I said in the other thread, doesn't really matter. The stuff is just the packaging. What I'm really buying is hope, possibilities, a scaffold for imagination. Especially for those of us who are free-to-play because we're low-income rather than just cheapskates, we need the hope far more than we need stuff. Hope was the reason I gave Portalarium so much of my limited funds over the summer.

But since then, they've stopped selling hope, and now only sell disappointment.

18. Ulskanine

Ulskanine Avatar

Just shut down 2 subscriptions over the heirloom thing. also have pretty much stopped purchasing cotos. no reason to buy em anymore when everything new is heirloom. Was also planning on upgrading my POT as a Christmas present to myself, but now i am rethinking it aswell.

Nortagems, arcdevil, Cyin and 4 others like this.
  19. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

"It's the economy, stupid."
    Atlas Shrugged, virtual experience.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.