I'm stuck in the Artifice maze, is there a guide to read?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmokerKGB, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Or maybe an item I need, seems like there is no exit to this maze, it just goes round and around...

Yes, I can recall out, /stuck out, logout to the world map, etc... But I want to finish this quest, I need to speak to someone called (I forget now I'm out of game) Notus or something... They said he's down below...

I did watch a video of someone entering this maze and going straight, left, left and there IS a portal there, but it just takes me to the beginning again...

There is a spot in the floor which seems to be a faults floor and I do drop to a 2nd level, but it all looks the same...

I've tried following the blue wall torches, and I've noticed some portals have 4 ???? instead of 3 ???, so I must be on different levels, but again they all look the same...

I've searched for hidden walls, break out walls and I've followed all the FULL skeletons to see if they're clues, but this maze seems very broken to me, so I give up...

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Without spoiling ... beware the teleporter.

It's not broken, it just takes some very careful observations.

There are some youtube videos if you are about to tear your hair out ...

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

:(.....

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

All I found is videos from mid 2017 and it seems the game has changed greatly since then... I'll see if I can be more observant and the portals do seem to just take you in circles, so my next trip I'll draw a map, since there's no ingame map available for this area...

5. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

SmokerKGB and Anpu like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It's dumb. Spoil it and move on. I don't remember the solution, I just remember facepalming myself that this kind of "Guess what's in the designers head" design still exists in the 2020's.

SmokerKGB and Cordelayne like this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Thanks, this is what I wanted, BUT... Turning right at each blue wall torch leeds to a dead end... So I went left from the previous torch and came to the "Faults floor" where I fell through (although it's not obvious, no hole in ceiling or any other clue, but falling animation) and I think went to another level, but still going right at each torch lead me to another dead end...

The only thing I don't have is the "Book" and I do think my quest log has been partly reset because there are now clues on the world map for quests, some that I know I've completed before and can still complete again...

So, I will start the "Truth quest" from the beginning using this walkthrough and see if this Book being in inventory does anything...

That's an understatement: I really hate "puzzles", if I don't get it within and hour, I forget it and move on wondering "why" these guys didn't make it more oblivious... Reminds me of the red, green, blue crystals on spin poles for the combination to open a door, then they give you 15 poles to spin.... uge...

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you're not falling. you're being teleported. you're on the same level, there is only one.

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, I stumbled around enough and found the correct portal, the walkthrough helped a bit, but didn't solve the problem... Seriously, I stumbled through the right path... Drawing a map would have been a better solution, I remember Ultima II and drawing all the dungeons on graph paper...

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well if it makes you feel any better, Lum heartily defended that dumb ass puzzle when I told him it was dumb. So that should help explain some other dumb aspects in your near future. Try to enjoy the parts that aren't amateur.

11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

If I had a map, it wouldn't have been so frustrating... At the very least I could have seen "where" I was teleported too... AND that there was only 1 level.... That invisible teleporter seemed to put me in 2 different locations.... Even a map that exposed itself as you searched would have been nice

Really took some Evil thoughts for this one...

BTW, I had the "Book" all along, in fact 2 copies of it, just didn't realize it was for this quest...

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Some "Quest" items may be hidden in your inventory if you have that setting turned on to hide quest items.

When you open your inventory, there is a setting "cog" icon in the top right. Right click and make sure you change it to "Show Quest Items" to see those you have.

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I ran around randomly with 3 different avatars to complete this area... I did not know there was some sort of solution through this.. I recall earlier in this thread a book mentioned? what is the book? how does it help guide you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.