LUA requests

Discussion in 'Lua Discussions' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

@Mishikal Yes, just a little HUD with the OS time, such as "6:03".
    @Cypher Black @Tiina Onir @Ken Parallax You can do that by holding your mouse over the spell until it displays regs required. It lists the quantity you have of each.

2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

One of my guildies asked about this, so I've already done it. (it's easy to to do, so I'm pretty sure I'm not alone). It should return localtime, but I happen to be NBST, so tell me if it doesn't. I'm surprised how common of a request it is.
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sotadb/LuaScripts/master/info.sotadb.clock.lua

We have access to around 400 stats. I have them exposed on the command-line, but this is one of the first script I wrote, and is generally an experiment pad for testing things as @Chris adds them.
    generally I have used it like this (bear in mind, this is only really intended for debugging, not day-to-day usage):
    1. Enable lua on one console tab
    2. using the local channel \findstat str
    3. note the stat-number you're interested in
    4. using the local channel \showstat <stat number>
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sotadb/LuaScripts/master/info.sotadb.util.lua
    I know others have created panels that show limited subsets of these stats, but are designed to be more usable.

We don't have any way to get the location of Towns/PoIs from the game, but once we get the ability to pull info from online resources this could be done.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

For the clock see here
    when libsota.util is installed you can type \info stat <name or number> to get the stat of interest displayed. (also \info xp for pooled xp)

Justiciar likes this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

you are right.

info.sotadb.util.lua : can you add the remaining ShroudOn .. functions, please ?

Tiina Onir likes this.
  5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Sorry about that, I thought I had fixed it everywhere. It's fixed now. :oops:

CatweazleX likes this.
  6. oplek

oplek Avatar

This may be a bridge too far, but there could be an intersection between the GM status, and Lua. Chris mentioned the GM abilities, but if those could also be controlled by LUA,when the flag is enabled, that'd open up some much more intricate and scripted events, beyond summoning a couple dragons. Especially if Lua could trigger on events like monster XYZ taking ABC amount of damage.

Though it may be difficult for people to test, unless these potions are available regularly in QA.

7. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Lua can watch the combat log, if you are close enough to the combatants to see all events from the server (there is a broadcast range) and even then, Lua cannot interact with the server or the client in a meaningful way right now. You could perhaps create a static monitor from a known, hard coded, total HP for the creature, but you couldn't communicate that to anyone automatically.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  8. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

I'm surprised people think a realtime clock is such a strange request. It beats having to look elsewhere for the time and some of us like to know how long we have until the next UT run. :)
    I'm having a problem getting LUA command line to work. I have opened a LUA/local chat window set to Local and LUA initializes and displays the realtime clock (thanks @CatweazleX ) . Typing anything just broadcasts it into local and does not return any LUA output. I''m using info.sotadb.util.lua with Clock pasted in, libsota.0.4.5.lua, and libsota.util.0.4.lua and trying things like "\info xp". Thanks!

CatweazleX likes this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed, this is a pretty common addon setting for MMOs, look at titan panel for example (for WoW), which lets you have it display server time or local time if you load in the related module.

10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It is not a strange request, it is only a simple one.
    I can change the clock.lua in a way that it switch through local and "texas" time using RightAlt + c.

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It was the first thing my friend noticed about Civ 6 when he finally bought it. "Hey was that clock there before?"

Mishikal likes this.
  12. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

done.

Anpu and Mishikal like this.
  13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The clock doesn't have any commands nor any dependencies on anything else there, you should just be able to drop that one file in your lua directory and go. My whole premise is "use the scripts you want, ignore the ones you don't" Maybe I should make that a motto...

Vladamir Begemot, Anpu and Mishikal like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Would like to see a script for crafting . Im interested in an interface that allows me to input costs for each material and find out how much the finished product cost will be .

15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Are there any mods yet to improve the UI?

16. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

We cannot affect the UI yet.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Ok first let me say that I am not a programmer of any kind, so these are just requests to the community for features if they are so inclined to try to work on ^_^
    with that being said here are some roleplay aspect/quality of life requests some of which I have seen in other games that I liked as well and the reason I thought about them here.

. A new tab, or ability to create tabs on the friend list and move select names into those groups. (besides guild and party there is just a large massive amount in my friend list 2500+ confirmed, ((I had to count as I had challenged Laz as to who had more, he definitely has me beat at 7k+ confirmed) and a fourth again that number unconfirmed folks. It would be nice to have a spot for close friends or particular groups that are outside of guild)

. On lotro I forget the name of the mod, but there is an abc player that lets you choose your songs from there, as well as the ability to set up a text player to /sing vocals along with the music as you sing a phrase the next part pops up in window for you to click at the appropriate time of the music. This also works for things such as poetry reads.

. I would love for someone to try taking over maps and fixing them so that they work lol

. This has already been discussed I know, but the ability to create more hot bars/ individual buttons to move to whatever location you want on screen

. An ability to hide, and then recall when needed, all the locked to inventory items in your main inventory. I don't know if everyone does this, but I have several armors/outfits/weapons set ups all locked carrying around with me at all times for switching decks (about 150 weight of items that fill the first whole scroll bar page almost) since we currently cannot place them in a bag in our main inventory to sort them out of sight.

18. Archer

Archer Avatar

None of these are currently possible with the available features. I'm pretty sure most of this would be on our TO DO lists when the features to implement them are available.

Ostvel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.