1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud 2020 Vision

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

HannahAlpenglow2 and Anpu like this.
  2. Ulskanine

Ulskanine Avatar

So, i am kind of disappointed to see no mention of a resolution on heritage items in the 2020 vision. Is this something that is just going to be kicked down the road in the hope people accept it?, or is there actually a intent to revision it?

arcdevil and CICI like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If someone makes a nice Lua UI for questing, the new players are still going to be presented with **** unless they have been clued in by a friend to download said UI first.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm hoping that that is so short-term they didn't even think to include it in a long-term planning doc

5. Ulskanine

Ulskanine Avatar

Well, this whale is finding it harder and harder to find food and not far from looking for new hunting grounds.

Chatele and arcdevil like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

That looks like a very promising list! Hopefully you guys also walk the talk.
    Good luck!

arcdevil and Anpu like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As to vendor global search I would not like to see an auction house situation. I would like to see a search for a particular item and a list of player vendors and their locations come up.

I also would love to see runes and runebooks so we can mark our favorite vendors like in UO. I want players to still need to visit the vendors and see the game areas because of it.

Having achievements for everything we do in the game is also totally necessary to give goals and feeling of achieving.

Also long over-due let us sell bags of goods on our merchants like: bag of meteoric armor, blue ballgown set with accessories, elven bedroom set, song sets, etc. That would add so much more interesting to vendors. Please, please, please.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

One new feature down (in vision roadmap), one more to go.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is what I want to see as well.

Chatele, majoria70 and Numa like this.
  10. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

This right here. I am confident the stories from the quest are great but I never do any of them and never will because the quest and journal thing is so terrible and painful @Chris. A new player comes in and attempts to level doing quests and has to experience that pain, I understand them leaving especially since there are plenty of games to choose from that do it way better. I am still holding out hope that ya'll untangle that mess so I can actually do some questing. :)

Chatele, ephialtes, arcdevil and 3 others like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Chris / Bilbo made it 10 minutes before quitting! It can't be THAT bad!

12. Numa

Numa Avatar

As do I. A simple list of player vendors in the vicinity sorted by whichever is closest would be ideal for me. This way, wherever I'm exploring, I get to visit the nearest interesting vendor spots.

13. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I agree. Give us a convenient means to see what is for sale and where it's at so we can travel there to purchase. Their argument of not doing it because they want to reward the person willing to spent 4 hours vendor hopping is not good enough. There is a bigger net negative with the current approach and they are hurting more than just the buyer who doesn't have 4 plus hours to vendor hop because of well... life. They are hurting the seller who has good deals up but never make sales because no one knows they are there and doesn't have the before mentioned 4 plus hours to search for them. @Chris I get the theory behind the current system but it's never been a positive thing from my perspective. I hope you guys see reason and tweak it to make it better..

14. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Heritage items still needs some more internal discussion. The most likely answer is MOST stuff will have heritage stripped from it.

As for global vendors, maybe we misjudged the amount of opposition to these? If so, then we'll definitely make it happen.

Wilfred, Xandra7, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  15. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Thank you @Chris. Its appreciated. I suspect a vast majority of those against this are probably those with vendors in high visible locations that benefit from the current system. I also suspect that a vast majority of those with vendors in less visible locations and not making sales would love a system that better accommodates getting buyers and sellers together. :) cheers. :)

16. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I strongly oppose global vendors and/or auction houses. Very strongly, @Chris I do not have any vendors in any highly visible spots. It's about everyone undercutting everyone else to the point where only a few people will corner the market. It will greatly diminish the entire concept of having physical vendors. It happens in WoW. It happens in SWKOTR and any other game with global auction houses.

The only acceptable options I would find are:

1.) Search per town with NO prices listed
    2.) Search per region with NO prices listed

We have discussed this at length in this thread before. Let's keep the conversation going there and not hijack this one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Make a poll. An email poll please, to keep the trolls out. And work with the outcome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am against global vendors. Maybe regional vendors. Or maybe town wide listing.

18. Numa

Numa Avatar

Regional or a listing of vendors X kilometers from me works fine :) Owner name, vendor name &location is all that's required.

There's a real danger of information overload (specially for nrw players) if too many vendors or details are listed.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes the search could just list 'item name' 'town name' nothing too complicated well unless I'm missing something.

20. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

We already have a few that corner the market due to sheer time sink to go from vendor to vendor. If we find a solution that promotes placing sellers and buyers together the RIGHT way it will NOT diminish the concept of vendors. Are the physical brink and motar homedepot locations diminished because they have an online website where customers can browse or shop from the comfort of their own home? No, not at all. In fact the website compliments the brick and mortar store and opens them up to business they may never get otherwise. As far as the price undercutting comment, that's called competition in the marketplace (which we do NOT have right now) and it fantastic for consumers. What we currently have though I imagine unintentional are monopolies (due to the way the system is set up) which are bad for consumers. Thanks again @Chris for hearing us. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.