This is not Shroud of the Avatar!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admiralloyd, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

This is "Shroud of the Fire Mage"
    Мне лень писать на английском простите меня за это..... Но русского раздела нет. Я пол года назад просил создать его и писал 3 месяца подряд.
    Это игра превратилась в Shroud of The Fire mage только этот класс и видишь везде и всюду. И все нытики которые кричат о том что нужно NERF классы иныхпроисхождений играют именно чертовым Fire Mage!
    Я не понимаю какой смысл было так поднимать урон этому классу но я увидел через пол года как вернулся только одно. Все играют магами огня все играют самым дебильным накидать кучу AOE хилится 2 кнопками и разносить такие пачки мобов что игры AAA проектов просто не позволяют так вырезать монстров как ТУТ в этой САМОЙ ОТСТАЛОЙ ИГРЕ 2000-2020 годов. В Ультиме прородительнице есть в 1000 раз больше вариантов всего и вся. Класс которого позволяет в игре взять 2-3 ветки АОЕ DPS зашкаливает.... Какой смысл играть лучником который соло цели должен убивать за 5-10 секунд (10к+) тратит на это 3 минуты! 3!!!!
    Fire mage тратит на убийства 30 монстров с 10к здоровья секунд двадцать.

2. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

к сожалению, они не будут слушать вас.

Girlsname likes this.
  3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

я понимаю но нужно об этом хотя бы говорить. раз в год стреляет палка. Может тут это произойдет и за 10 лет что то изменится но нет...... пока эффекта нет

Girlsname, Billibons and Deathadder like this.
  4. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Δεν θα μπορούσα να συμφωνήσω περισσότερο, καλό σημείο!

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

On the bright side, fire mage gear sells at a premium.

Boris Mondragon, Anpu and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I've thought that the magic trees give a certain perception that is not exactly true.

With magic trees. That would imply some kind of equality in balance between the trees themselves. This is not the case.

Perhaps the devs should get rid of the magic trees or maybe revamp the magic system all together?

Xandra7 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Does anyone know how I can mass translate the OP's post?

8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

English translation:

I'm too lazy to write in English forgive me for this ..... But there is no Russian section. Half a year ago I asked to create it and wrote 3 months in a row.
    This game has turned into a Shroud of The Fire mage only this class and you see everywhere. And all the whiners who shout that NERF classes of other origin are needed play the damn Fire Mage!

I don’t understand what was the point of raising damage to this class so much, but after half a year I saw how only one returned. Everyone plays fire magicians; everyone plays the most moronic; throwing a bunch of AOEs are healed with 2 buttons and distributing such packs of mobs that AAA project games just don't allow you to cut monsters like HERE in this MOST RETIRED GAME of 2000-2020.

In Ultima there are 1000 times more variants of everything and everything. The class which allows you to take 2-3 branches in the game AOE DPS rolls over .... What is the point of playing an archer who needs to kill a solo target in 5-10 seconds (10k +) spends 3 minutes on this! 3 !!!!

Fire mage spends killing 30 monsters with 10k health for about twenty seconds.

Gia2, Arpanet, Dread1313 and 16 others like this.
  9. eli

eli Avatar

Yea the AoE numbers were always insane in this game. RoF and MS and BU. They are hardly different from single target numbers. It's part of why über tears is insane, part of why party mechanics don't matter, part of why aggro needs equipment to function, part of why PvP is a group gank fest, etc.

Elnoth, Cordelayne and Hornpipe like this.
  10. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Well this is what happens when developers bring out the nerf bat and nerf other skills. Everyone re-rolls to something else. I wouldn't be surprise more nerfs are coming, but don't worry, I since the so called Bard Skills are coming soon. They game will be "Shroud of the Bard".

11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Somehow i doubt that. Bards have always been a support class. And if the bard has to stay still and concentrate to play performance enhancing music, then not even uber fire skills will help you.

Actually, pets and the taming tree potentially have a great synergy with bard skills. Fits the lore too :)

12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

The game has long been "Shroud of the Tank Mage". I doubt it's going to change any time soon...

Hornpipe, Cordelayne and Dark Tidings like this.
  13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Unpopular things I have thought of that will make me slightly annoyed if implemented but probably for the best:

- AOEs damage everyone not just enemies (don't stand in the AOE)
    - AOEs drain focus while active (no duration timers) instead of a large up front focus cost.

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I actually see bard skills as the opposite, I predict they will make them weak and not very competitive vrs the other main trees people actually play. Chris mentioned the bard class would be a support class and that tells me it not going to be anything like fire / archery sota’s current god classes. Aoe skills are too powerful and the content is designed where Aoe builds have the biggest xp advantage hence every one and thier alts are going fire builds.

they need single target mobs that can equal xp per hour that the aoe classes can achieve for some of this to balance out. Or remove all loot drops on aoe control point wave areas and make it xp only and a gold sink.

Chatele and Boris Mondragon like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The problem with fire mages is that because it is all damage-over-time based, and it all stacks, you pile on the dots and can run around, heal yourself, etc. and the damage keeps ticking.
    Sword and polearm users have a single DoT, but no other tree can stack so many.

Made worse by specialization adding resistance stripping on hit, with so many fast hits, no other magic trees get it to this degree, no other magic trees have additional resistance stripping combo, some have no resistance removal -at all-. Now made even worse by adding gem slottability to artifacts now even more op because they can be combined to legendary, again, no other skill tree has artifacts a fraction as powerful.

I'm fine with fire mage being dot-and-run, but all the other magic trees need the same level of resistance-stripping capability and their damage bumped to compensate for the fact that they require active, repeated casting. The "utility" from other trees is minimal, unreliable, and doesn't work on a lot of things or has severe limitations. I'd much rather see other trees made more appealing; nerfing fire down to the dmg output of another magic tree would require a fundamental overhaul of the entire tree and removal of all associated artifacts. I think that's unlikely.

16. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Adding new slot ring, legendary artifacts as such sure does change alot on balance. I'm just they will adapt and fix it with time.

I do not mind nerfs, sure its sad watching our dps go down, but I rather have a harder game.

17. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Question:
    If you bump up Sun or some other type of magic tree to be in-line with the fire tree DoTs & stacks wouldn't it make it ridiculously overpowered, because you could put Fire DoTs and Sun DoTs on a target?

Elwyn, Dark Tidings and Numa like this.
  18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Typically you can only really gear 1 attunement high enough to get to "ridiculous" - since most of the power comes from gear.

Sulaene Moon and Numa like this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Fire should be the top dps magic tree, that is all that is does is dps, even immolation that is a shield spell is just more dps. And because you cant wear 2 different shield spells at once, you take a hit to your survivability. What is making it insane right now is the dual vex wands, fix that problem THEN look at it, and if its still pretty op then nerf. Dont nerf now before that problem is fixed, then fix the vex problem and turn it into crap. Dual thunderbranches is just as insane, but air is not a dps tree. But when you consider shield of air and stun locking everything down, well it becomes an invincibility tree that requires no healing and allows you to wear 2 brittlebrawn rings without the downside. Another one right now cuz of the 2 rings is death, and death spec does give death magic a way to strip death resistance off. Death is like the middle ground, good dps and corpse explosion is insane aoe burst damage( long ago even before 2 lich rings, before spec and with much less int then I have now did 6250 in once corpse explosion pretty much 2 hit indigno, took me about 6-8 seconds including the first charge up. Ever see a fire mage with having to start to stack the first spell kill a cabalist in 6-8 seconds? And just imagine what I could do now, who knows, maybe i could 1 shot him. ), then good survivability from death heals and death shield. Like if I put 1 billion exp into death I would be a nightmare to anything not undead. Bumping up other trees to do the same dps BUT having access to buffs, cc and other skills would just have people specing over to that and then the complaints will be about that. Lets just get the dual artifact wearing stuff fixed first before we start nerfing the trees themselves, it will be less work in the long run and if we get it done fast, we wont have as many complaints of "oh, you nerfed my build again, I quit."

20. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

True, but what if I crafted all my gear to have both Fire & Sun, would that cause it to get "ridiculous"?

Thanks..learning as I'm going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.