Chris the economic impact of artifacts like Vex Wand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

@Chris not that im complaining.... but i am :) ..i know you got alot on your plate so i been waiting patiently .... but now i hear were about to get more OP artifacts ingame so just wanted to show that everytime you add an artifact if you dont take into account that crafters have to craft and sell also ..youll just end up chasing us out of the game .In the current system ( crafting lvl is meaningless ) 95% of players pretty much crafts their own stuff , that leaves about 5% who the other 95 % are trying to sell their goods ...if we gotta compete with the artifacts also .... well the result below its enlightening.

The data presented is up to date ( for me at least ) it involves sales of fire wands which went from a dozen/month to almost 0 , for the last couple of months since arties got a boost....same happened with all wands that have a counterpart artifact with 50-70 attunement ( life, air...) . I dont know how, or if youre gonna balance this ..but my hope is you will find a way for crafters to survive also .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

We're getting stronger artifacts?

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

So goes the rumour ... more sets like bandit .... which pretty much killed my bone/leather sales ...but thats another story .

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

one can only hope chris' "club and/or wand of balance" will get pointed at the economy for a bit. :)

[​IMG]

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Their answer to this is that artifacts can be enchanted/master-worked, which is crafting. I think it's actually the problem.

OzzyOsbourne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I never understood this. just because I add a nail to the windshield of my car does not mean I crafted my car.

If we really want to make artifact useable in crafting, they should each have a unique component that can be had by salvaging that is then used to craft a base item. A wand of static discharge should salvage to a rare heartwood with similar bonus to the original item. The only reason anyone should want to keep an artifact is to hang it on the wall for as art.

Mal Hari, K1000, OzzyOsbourne and 9 others like this.
  7. Sway

Sway Avatar

didn't he also say we are getting more tier 3 stuff like mossy handles ?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ive been hoping for something like this for years. It could still work now even after the addition to combining artifacts to upgrade > rare > legendary.

The crafted ones would be a little more powerful then the upgraded ones, so crafters would be buying up artifacts like crazy.

And the players that don't want to craft still have the option to just collect them and upgrade until they reach legendary status. If they just balanced them so the best crafted ones were pretty similar to the legendary I think that would help the economy a bunch.

Mhtic and Numa like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Elrond, I agree artifacts are hurting crafters atm but I blame the games lack of good drops for our stagnant population the most. People love to adventure and improve thier loots more that hunt threw player vendors for gear.

I do think t3 components will help crafters but I think portal has to decide do they want a better drop system and potentially more players or what we have now a minimal player base.

I respect what you have built in Crafters Town greatly but I’d like to see many many more artifacts dropping that get people excited like vex and like xen.

I really like this idea as well, brilliant.

there are a few “OP” artifacts like Vex, Xen, Cab hoods, ankhs (now) I don’t think you should be able to dual wield these they are to op for that. All other builds should have a top tier like item as well as crafters being able to make something on par using shawns suggestion I think it’s very posssible.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  10. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Drop system is quite adequate (compare to current state of the game) as for me. High drop chance will lead to a quick players "satisfaction" with a small number of players themselves. Now I can buy anything but i still need.

Another thing is that it is necessary to introduce more "horizontal" itemization - more varied food, runes as temporary buffs for equipment, and on top - there is new tier of gears ...

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

im not sure how you got that outta what I said, I love low drop (rare) rates but more and better drop options. Esp ones that target multiple build styles instead we have 2 op bow options vrs no decient polearms or bludgeon drops. Where is moons version of vex or caster version of bandit armor etc. we need a melee/physical version of the warlock chain.

12. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

Because you say "good drops", but mean "itemization" ...

This led me to confusion ... Sry...

Dark Tidings likes this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

right, good = quality unlike the rings of luck etc.

stuff that people will be excited about and or actually sell to people who will be.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

After thinking about it a little more a pass should be made on all the materials as well, you don't want them all to be obsolete and only artifact craftables to be useful.

So for hard maple as an example, it should get a boost to put it on par with these artifacts. Its bad for the economy if items and materials become obsolete.

Edit: Also like mentioned elsewhere, dual wielding artifacts (wands, ankhs, rings etc) needs to be removed asap! It's just made the issues even worse.

Anpu, Mhtic, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I like this idea but you would need to lower the sooty drop rate to that of comparable artifacts if you want it to be on par with power imop. It’s pretty easy to make 100 wands the chance of getting a vex is insanely low.

Sole and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The drop rate is fine, just removing dual wielding artifacts will make it so a player will need to actual use a craftable wand in the other hand. And it doesn't need to be as powerful as the vex, just needs a bit of a boost. The dual wielding is what is destroying the need for other wands right now. That is the real issue here, and it needs to be fixed asap so people don't get used to it for an extended amount of time, its been too long already.

Mhtic, Anpu, Sara Dreygon and 3 others like this.
  17. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

You can improve loot without pushing crafters out of the game. Many solutions have been presented over the years like modules, runes... we have to build on the systems we have....it doesnt have to be one way or the other ..
    It wont.... T3 raw materials will ....not components ....a tiered ingots system will also help ...theres an entire ecosystem of people gathering, refining and crafting ...if they cant compete with players killing a tier 5 creature and getting a sage sash or a vex wand they wont stick around .

Adding components to items like mossy handle wont help me as a high lvl crafter at all..because every warrior out there has his craft skills in the 100 - 120, and in 95% of the cases they would rather craft that mossy handle themselves rather then sell it to a crafter, because they are crafters also and lvl is meaningless..so much for dedicated crafters...

This explains the best what my view is on who is a crafter

''Crafting starts from an hours of striking a node with a pickaxe under the bowels of the earth or under a sun which wants to fry you, of slashing trees, wet to the skin under the falling rain, and traveling from one end of Novia to another, with heavy-weight backpack, which bends you to the ground. And continues by hours spent at the workbench or anvil, refining, making weapons and armor ,sorting the best of them, to finally turn them into that, which may be called a Masterpiece.''

Salavaging a torc hammer for a mossy handle then placing it into a spear its not crafting its assembling at most....but thats just me.

Cirsee, Pifester, Anpu and 7 others like this.
  18. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

At some point we will just cross the threshold where Sony did for Star Wars Galaxies crafting to a gear drop which is better than crafted and crafters will call it a day.

I fully understand what @Elrond is going on about here, the path has been blazed before.

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

That‘s like this song ‚I feel it in my fingers ...‘
    No artifact can provide the feelings as crafting a Masterpiece with our own sweat (well and those ridiculous ingredients, of course) ;)

Cirsee, Boris Mondragon and Elrond like this.
  20. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Avatar

This is because we are full of T2 resources. Make T3 = T2x1000 + T3 drop and it will be work.

devilcult likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.