new aoe changes make magic pointless

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Mac2, Jan 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Lunar, Water and Life specc'ed though enough of Earth to appreciate the changes :) I envy you your Earth elemental, my Ice elemental still needs to grow some real muscles.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Let's not talk about my skellis or the lolich.

Fister Magee and Numa like this.
  3. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

We dont threaten to leave the game. We just remove all experience from the fire tree (which I did last night. Almost 180,000,000 exp removed) and dumped somewhere else. Sure that might be chump change to some of the elites among us and meaningless to dev's but it was a significant portion of my life.... just saying

4. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Rrrriiiigggghhhttttt....... because making people mad and upset is how we bring new players to the game and keep the ones we have.... oh wait. It's not is it. Maybe that's why our populations not growing. Just saying

5. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Nothing free here. 20 dollars to respec completely out of fire for me

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Why not stsrt a feedback thread on the summons? Got things to say about the wisp and ice elemental myself.

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Meteor Shower also. Duration is like 15 seconds at lvl 95. Ugg

I had to keep recasting it over and over and over.......

Numa likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Damn, i have to test mine. Duration will be shorter than yours since my AL is lower. Good thing it's not my killing move.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im sitting here at the moment, listening to a guildmate talk about how much dmg his ring of fire is doing, and killing the clockwork dragon using it, telling me a 6 stack of it lasts long enough that the dragon is dead before it goes away.

At the same time this is happening, im reading this thread. And tbh, i dont understand it. Alot of this thread seems like they arent very strong in fire or jsut over dramatic, or in Mac's case, probly tried to use ring of fire in UT while a magic-cancelling shard was present

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Id have to see it to believe the clockwork dragon is dying before hios ring of fire goes away cuz it only lasts 41 second but, he deffinatley isnt complaining and is still as powerful as he was before.

Vero and Numa like this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Is your friend using anything special to augment his fire damage? Artifact? Specialization?

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Hes like super leveled in fire and he has high fire specialization, pretty sure he uses artifacts also.

I just watched Saevio's group doing vauban pass in discord (he's still in there), their RoF are lasting 20 seconds and making a huge difference in damage output. Damage wise seems the same as before, you just have to be on top of it now.

Numa likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s been interesting watching various people’s streams and not really noticing massive difference between before this release and the current one.

Was interesting watching Elgarion’s stream today running around the new UT.

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  14. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I am ranged not fire.
    I probably should not even reply to all of you that think this is a good thing but...

'balancing' is not the issue. It is allowing ANY skill to be reduced 60%.
    Change is normal but if any of you had your skill in any area reduced by 60% you would be upset.
    When ranged, earth, life, death is reduce by a similar amount, don't expect any sympathy.

If you are not upset over this type of balancing, then you don't play anyway.

FrostII likes this.
  15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

As a archer who has been pummeled over and over by 'balancing', I must say, i'm enjoying reading this thread. The truly frustrating part that no one has mentioned is that these 'balancing changes' that force people to do a total re-spec is not what you expect from a game that has been 'released' for 2 years now. I think the team would do the customer base a great service if they would just come out and admit that the game isn't 'finished' so that people understand that these BIG changes are still part of development and not to freak out over it.

Cordelayne and Jayydoc3 like this.
  16. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

You did that??? Why??? Fire is STILL op even with those changes.

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is very fascinating. Just running around my regular routine, and i'm not seeing this 60% reduction in damage?

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Based on combat balance explanation, there is no damage nerf for RoF, Meteor, etc

However, the pillar effect in the middle of UT grant a Magic Resistance buff to mobs.

K1000, Anpu and Numa like this.
  19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Actually pleasing a minority of extremely vocal people is even worse, wouldn't you agree?

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

So, you have to cast it more often. Thats the only change.

6 times instead of 3. I heard sombody say you only have time to charge it again before you have to cast it again so you cant use other spells. Thats only true if you set your deck up that way.

You can cast whatever you want while readying another fire field. You dont have to sit and wait on it.

But that might be to hard for some people. If thats the case i can see getting mad. But so far none of the fire mages i play with in game care about the changes as much as the people in this thread do. They are still out there owning stuff

Cordelayne, Mimner, Anpu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.