New acara's armor vs bandit gear.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No comparison, new armor is garbage even for an air mage compared to the top damage dealing armor in the game. the shield is the only kind of nice piece with +25 air stun chance. The chest will give a whole 60 focus with full set at common, but only able to get str mws, losing all the int from cloth that tiny bit of focus is not even close to what cloth will give. The legging give more avoidance per set bonus, nice but losing even more int or dex cuz only str MWs. helm and gloves give air attunement but with only str mws, I still dont see that comparing to a cabalist hood and just cloth or leather gloves. the boots are dodge, can be handy is you have a nice dex, but in heavy you dont even get to use the dodge skill to add on to this, you will get a lot more dodge from using light armor. In other words, bandit armor win all the way. Like best set vs garbage, not even close.

2. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

You are making a huge assumption that the new armour is for a mage to be more tanky, that need int. Perhaps it is aimed at heavy armour non mage being less fizzilily. Thus having access to cherry pick some skills from the left hand side of the magic tree.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it appears you are declaring it garage based purely on it not being a help your build, have you tried all builds/decks? Perhaps there is a build it awesome for and will be found to hugely OP. Seems very premature to declare something garage with only days of testing it.

Regards
    Spung

Xee and tomcat_de like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well considering 2 pieces give air attunement and one give air stun chance, I would assume its aimed at mages. Why would a non mage need less fizzle, you dont have to worry about fizzle is your a non mage, and if your wearing weapons your STILL going to have fizzle. It has more fizzle then leather, and weapons with leather you still get fizzle. Look at bandit armor, bonus dex on 3 of the pieces, bonus backstab on one and a weapon damage with full set on, even missing one piece that is unmatched. By comparison, from total awesomeness to garbage.

Boris Mondragon and Antrax Artek like this.
  4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Like I say, not saying you are wrong. But your post is basically saying it garage for a mage. That does automatically make it garage period. Maybe, and i'm speculating as i have not tested it (or even seen it), but from what you have said a heavy armour sword guy may find it great for adding air, and therefore stuns to their deck.

I'm just saying declaring something garage, or effectively useless is hard to do in a game with the amount of build options this game has.

Regards
    Spung

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Put that garbage in the garage!

FBohler, Gregg247, Elrond and 5 others like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

How much stronger does it make your heavy armor skills?

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I will make this clearer for you then. bandit armor was suppose to be the archer armor set, this was suppose to be the mage armor set. Now we have seen how good the bandit armor is not just for archers but for any physical build, why is the mage set not even remotely close? I mean I was not the one that called it the mage set, atos did.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Are theses already posted somewhere? I haven’t seen them yet,

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does bandit armor still give an insane base damage boost?

Antrax Artek likes this.
  10. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

55% weapon damage at legendary plus all other bonuses.

Barugon likes this.
  11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

if 10% is insane to you... ;p For all the trouble needed to combine armor (and actually get them) and hope for a exceptional to be able to mw enchant it correctly... Id still go with crafted cause of less hassle to get it.

Those armors are supose to be hard to get for a reason, if its just a treasure that go in chest or on a wall no point of even having them in game. Set items imo should be stronger than artifact (most likely like in any other game out there) and also be strong enough to overpass crafted items (but still need crafting to make em better than the best crafted item, with a huge chance to fail!)

In comparison, it take a day to get enough ore and craft a full set of gear that are potentially as strong as a rare set of bandit. Take that same time you used to make that craft, and try to get bandit armor, youll end up with not even a full set of common. By the time you reach rare or legendary (gonna take a month of non stop farming, i did it and wont do it again).

Now look at acara armor, that is only droppable in CP (you need a group to get them, so your chance to having a piece for yourself is divided by the number of people in party, just to add to the rest). It should be op.

Numa likes this.
  12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I expected the Acara's set to be a sort of counter for the disbalance that the bandit set created (PVP archers with spec are hitting for 1500+ damage with piercing shot from 30+ yards on full plate armor+heavy spec) but seems like i was wrong.
    Something like a very high hp bonus or physical damage reduction % could have fit well to counter crazy piercing damage of bandit set users.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    eli and Numa like this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

14. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Mac2 - I'll just reattach your pics so they're easier to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What is the "Acara Armor Set Bonus?" The 10% to heavy skills?

(And who is Acara?)

FBohler and tomcat_de like this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Wow, that sucks.. I wanted it for my build (Earth/Death), but I don't use air at all.. what a waste of 'mage' armor... :(

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  17. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Yeah, I dunno. That armor doesn't really make sense for any build that I can think of. I'm playing straight air and wouldn't use any of it. Maybe the shield with the air stun bonus would be okay for stuff like kobold checkpoint where you might use a shield anyway because of mob stuns.

Tbf, I dunno how good I want stuff to be on seasonal content anyway, but still.

FBohler likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

All armor has that if you wear the complete set.

I dont think this is seasonal, this is the mage set like the bandit armor is a archer set, but works very well for any weapons user.

FrostII and Lazlo like this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's what I thought. Is the Acara Set Bonus something else, or is it just trying to give a fancier name to something you already get using other armors?

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You see the +6 air attunement on the gloves and helm, the avoidance on the pants, the focus on the chest and the dodge rating on the boots. If I only have the gloves on I get no bonus, then 2 pieces and both will get +1, and so on. The bandit armor does this with its chest piece, the more of the set you have on the more weapon damage bonus you get.

Boris Mondragon, FrostII and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.