Why I play solo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Get a pet that can be your rock (and deal damage at the same time). It's not that hard anymore to get a bear or boar with 1k+ worth of HP. Used to be you had to dump everything you had into the taming tree to do that but not anymore.

Know a tamer who runs around with a giant black spider with 2.7k of HP so 1K is nothing :)

Kara Brae and Aldo like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that. So much focus is placed on high tiered players. We do need content for everyone like queue up for a dungeon that covers your specific requirements then when all is said and done players who would like to go back to solo can just do that. Having some dungeons or content that requires specific level or specs is missing. Not everyone wants to join in a group where they can't contribute. That is no fun for some to tag along to get those levels. Some want to gain those through their own work to feel satisfied with that achievement. Many games will have a requirement when you queue up. We could have some dungeons that are open to everyone and others that are specific with rewards for doing your own level stuff.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Yeah... The original intent of this game hasn't fared well in some aspects. Perhaps this will be yet another.

4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

[​IMG]

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Hard to plot myself on the above ^^ Thanks for the chart, @Gia2

StarLord likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks for the tip - I didn't know it was now possible again to have a strong pet.

Numa likes this.
  7. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Too be honest I had to scratch my head at this point. I don't know one MMORPG that DOESN'T require you to group up at some point. Not one. In every MMO I have EVER played, you have had to group up for quite a bit of the content due largely to raids, split level dungeons with multiple switches, guild wars, guild bonuses, etc. Not one.

EQ, DAoC, AS, LoTR, DDO, NWO and smattering of other fly by nights. They ALL required for at least 50% of the content.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

That's the reason I wanted to try SOTA. It was advertised as Solo offline, Solo online, and multiplayer online. I wanted to participate in the multiplayer economy, but adventure solo. The present set up where you are multiplayer in towns and overworld is just fine with me. I want to enter adventure zones solo and can do that just fine. The only thing I am complaining about is that ongoing development is geared for group adventure. I feel, and rightly so, that us solo players are being designed out of lots of new content.

Chatele likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm sure that the main episode 2 story will be doable solo. There's also lots of stuff that they introduced recently that's soloable.

Sentinel2, Aldo and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.