New acara's armor vs bandit gear.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; The bigger picture is the negative effect those OP items is having on the crafters whose items have been replaced by drops/artefacts like Vex wand, Envy/Xen bows , bandit armor etc. It also affects the gatherers that fed the crafters with mats. A case of whoops did I have a brain fart moment or more like a stream of them. R/Boris/El Pirata

Drya, Anpu, Sulaene Moon and 3 others like this.
  2. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Mad respect. Those are my feelings exactly. I'm just saying it isn't surprising that this is happening considering Chris doesn't even understand how the whole crafting system works. Luckily he said that he has heard people, and is going to take time to understand the crafting system in its entirety.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Most incorrect statement I have ever seen you make.
    One, a lot of people mixed tanks use air stuns. Not me personally. but when I switch to archer ranged mode, I use arrow air combos to stun enemies. Archers use magic, light armor melee use magic or have it on their weapons.

Think outside the mage box.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Good post Mac, everyone who tested some hours the bandit set knows how OP it is atm, and not only for just one build. Hope we can see soon new sets at same efficiency and power.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

First off, you cant use a bow with that full set on because a shield is part of the set. Secondly, most people I know that are physical builds use a few magic buffs and some heals, the archers using some air magic will be a million times better off with the bandit set as it is less fizzle and more dex and insane weapon damage.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's simply because some very well intended people created it... yet they obviously have little ingame experience with how things actually work. Sorry, but true......

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

We need something like this.

[​IMG]

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I would think more of a one handed wrist mounted crossbow and a shield. being able to wear the same 2hd bows and a shield would be kinda broken.

Numa and Boris Mondragon like this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you brother for the much needed moment of levity. Give the shield to @Chris as he may get more than bits flung his way at the live-stream today. “Looks to the large crowd with pitchforks and torches”. Yup, there is a “minor” upset factor ongoing. “Grins”. R/Boris/El Pirata

Numa likes this.
  10. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

history supports the idea of shields for use with bows!

would be cool to have some more 'horse bows' too...as an archer and woodworker, i used to restore and shoot nothing but old, modern recurves, but some of the horse bows available out there (like the Scythian) are just incredible...really the only bows that make sense for dexterous combat with humans.

11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Interesting to see how things unfolded in favor of the OP one year later.
    Nobody gives a flying **** to Acara's set, yet Bandit Armor is a must have for archers.

On one handed ranged + shields, I would prefer javelins. I think they look cooler than tiny crossbows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.