Wishlist Requests

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there!

I have created a wishlist database to help me track items suggested through use of this Wishlist Request forum. This database is designed to help me generate reports for the team that are organized and easy to read. Hopefully, this will allow them to pick items quickly from a pool of ideas when they're looking for inspiration within a certain category.

Please keep in mind, when I indicate your item has been added to a database, it is indicating that it will be, at some point, considered. I'm simply organizing these requests in a easier-to-view way for review and to help during brainstorming sessions. I am in no way implying your idea will be definitely entering into the game. Please remember, we have a small team, and they have limited opportunities to review/utilize ideas from the community as they move from task to task.

If you like a thread that has been locked (already added to the database), simply "like" it as feedback and support for that item. We don't have too much time to read through an entire thread for a wish list item, usually just the original post will be read with a scan of the additional content for easy to spot info.

To assist with the submissions, please keep your ideas brief and single topic only. Once I've added your idea to the database for wishlist item consideration, I will lock your thread. This will help me track what's been added and what remains.

Please keep the ideas coming in -- many thanks!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

there any way to make this public - like google doc, but locked? So we can look through and see the list you are looking at?

3. Elgarion

Phase 2 of its design will include a player facing view, but the current design will be for the Catnip team only. It'll show as a tab on sotahelp.org (where I'm designing it, with my rpota/sotahelp database tools). I'll get to that eventually, but first step is getting probably the past 3 months of wishlist items loaded in. I think that's how far I'll go back.

4. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Can we get an option to have the doors (the ones that require you to throw a lever to open...they are ‘metal’ and open upward) in basements set in the opened or closed position so that when you enter your basement you don’t have to waste time opening them up.....if you have them set to be open?

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How far back are you going? I am concerned that if you only go six months or so you're going to miss tons of golden ideas from when there were a lot more eyeballs on the game. I know it's going to be time consuming, but please dive deep.

If you can find them, there are also some complete, quality, system designs for things floating around. Not just quick requests but fully fleshed out designs that may save you guys a lot of time, and from making more of the "half measures by someone who doesn't use that system" mistake.

(If anyone has posted those designs in the past, it might be a good idea to do so now).

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Do we post them here ?

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Elgarion

If by hear, you mean the Wishlist Request forum, then yes. If you mean as a response to this thread, no please. Please make your own thread (as before) in the Wishlist Request forum. Thanks! :)

FrostII, Anpu and Elrond like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Nice thing about this is at least now we'll know it's been seen, even if it doesn't get accepted. The uncertainty of not knowing was a real bummer.

9. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

not to sidetrack the thread.... but would be nice to get this same sort of thing for the bug forums.

Cordelayne, Anpu and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  10. Elgarion

I'm not going to touch the feedback or bug forums in this regard until the dust settles from Ravalox's lovin' over there. I think he's got some revamp plans that he'll be spelling out as we get closer or into R75 (tentatively).

11. DukeUconn

DukeUconn Avatar

I look forward to having the ability to socket the Xen Penetrator Bow.

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It is good to know that feedback is being looked at. I wonder how the devs determine how popular a wish is. I saw a repost by @Vladamir Begemot of a wish concerning planting things outside without the clunky pots that linked to an older version of this same wish from 2017. Both wishes were closed to further replies right away. So how do the devs choose which wishes to work on if you don't let people comment on the wishes? Should people who have a good idea lobby other players to all post the same wish in different threads? :confused:

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think (at least in that case) it was closed because devs are already (and have been) planning that one. it's literally been years, but there's been a ticket for it this whole time. no need to make another. a large part of what determines whether/when a wish is worked on is feasability, not popularity. since it's been years and it hasn't happened yet, there's probably some technical challenge holding it up.

Witcheypoo and Kara Brae like this.
  14. Elgarion

Ya, there's been a lot of ideas popping in through the years and it'll be rare to hear an idea that hasn't been heard, but now I can at least put it in a database for quick searches by category during our brainstorming sessions.

After 6 years of feedback, this team seems pretty well adverse in what would be popular and what wouldn't for the most part, and most definitely what is feasibly quick/effective to provide, and what would be a big ticket annual item if considered for a future episode. These wish list requests are more for you to talk to us and say, "Hey, what about this?" and not so much you guys talking about ideas. We simply don't have time to read through much more than the original post, albeit I do scan through the entire post looking for quick comments. If you like one of the locked posts, simply click like. I have a link to the OP in the database, we can see how that fairs if popularity is a concern. Also, we can always raise the question to the community if we're ever curious. Most are easy to tell. Like nerfs. You guys like those, right? See? We're so in touch :p

FYI, I put some verbiage in the main comment above to help. I'll be giving my database a whirl soon at an upcoming meeting, see how it goes, then adjust it accordingly.

I can also, on this note (after I get in deeper) only review these wish list items once they're 1 week old or something. This could give people a little bit of time to bounce the idea off one-another. Let me just get this backlog populated. I'm hoping to get about 2-3 months worth input.

15. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

To be able to move the saved decks around in the list...……...change the order of them.

16. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

@Elgarion

Why lock all the threads in this section ? I seen some ideas i liked and wanted to improve upon ?

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. Elgarion

It's so we can keep track of what we've looked at. Seeing a Wishlist thread pop back up that I've already reviewed will simply be confusing and time consuming. Time is of the essence! If you have a new idea, simply create a new thread. You can also link to old threads if need be, but as always, please follow the guidance of the OP in this thread to help us.

Perpetual ongoing discussions about a wishlist item will be less valuable since we're far less likely to read an entire many-page thread as opposed to read the OP and can through initial responses to see if there are smiley faces or frowny faces. And please don't ever think we're short on ideas that come from the team or the community. There are a ton stockpiled thus far, and even that's a challenge to go through. I'm surprised when I find existing wishlist items already in JIRA. (Pleasantly, because then I don't need to add it, I just gotta bump it! ;) )

So in a sense, help us keep this simple please. Please keep things short, concise and specific. We're a small crew over here, and we need to do this type of review as quickly and efficiently as possible. When the dust settles, I'll be allowing them to stay open for about a week for time for a little chit-chat, then review, then lock. I just need to get caught up. We locked anything 1NOV and back since that's as far as I was going to go in this initial pass. But as I said, no harm in creating a new one with a link to the old if you find it necessary.

Not saying its a perfect process, and it could get better, but let me get squared away on things (so many areas I need to tackle) before I start refining things. No harm is done here, no information is lost, the threads are still there.

18. Irishize

Irishize Avatar

Can you please add an Easel...and possibly some art supplies? We have a lot of artists in game that would really enjoy them...would be a really big seller!! Would also be nice to change the wood stain on furniture!! And dyable shogun walls would be nice...just a few suggestions!!

We also need to be able to dye rugs please...we have no rugs that are blue or green and would be nice to have some solid colored ones.

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@DukeUconn , @jack102367 , @Irishize
    Please see post #7 above, where Elgarion specifically says to please not post wishlist items here in this thread.

Witcheypoo, Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  20. Elgarion

Yes, please -- put questions about Wishlist stuff here and actual wishlist items in the Wishlist forum per the guidance on the first post in this thread.

Of note, folks, I'm running a little behind on digging through these because of the EP2 Land Rush prep but I'll be diving back in soon. Lately, when I do have time, I'm working through the sticky thread in this forum (the deco wishlist) which we're doing live on stream. I spent some time recently reviewing already received wishlist items in our task system. Lots of cleaning needed. But once that deco thread is caught up with, you'll see more activity on these individual posts. I did get my database pretty much done other than adding a player facing section, which I'll do at some point after the database has proven useful to me. We shall see! And I can't wait to start diving back into these. That land rush is dangerous! Bandits about!