[No Longer Being Developed] MOD: Amalgamate!

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by DavidDC, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

re-uploaded real quick, make sure you got version 0.4 and not 0.3.5, forgot to switch a timer for alert from 10 second to 5 minute ;p if you dont want it to be super annoying...

Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  2. DavidDC

Added a save button to Monsters kill death panel too, which will be used later with a log viewer to view past logs and do some search/math between those :)

Little more about timing utilities

Alert set will continue even if you quit and come back in the game. Expired alert will continue to spam chat log each 5 minute until you remove it. To get more help about that, type !help in local chat in game.
    Alert can be useful when planting stuff, you just add an alert lets say it take 8 hours for your mandrake before watering again, !alert add Watering 8:0:0
    And thats it! Chat log will be spammed every 5 minute after 8 hour and that even if you log off and come back 5 hour later!

Chronometer can be useful for events, if you want a certain event to start at X time or whatever. You can name them by using the command !chrono Dragon or !chrono Slowtime if you have some gm power and want to check exactly how much time you running some stuff (could also use alert!)

Lot of good stuff to do with those!

3. DavidDC

Fixed loot and page turning and monster reset!

4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

crit chance is based off your target i believe, so your chance is used with your dex and crit modifier (which isnt crit but is used in the math somehow...) against the target's dexterity. Can't find the actual math to it though

gonna download and try it out, looks AWESOME!

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Cant seem to get my pet to show up on the dps meter if it has 2 names. It works when I rename it to "Shadow" but when named "Ballsahk Destroyer" it doesnt work. It stays at 0

6. DavidDC

write !petname "this is a test"

Elgarion, CatherineRose and Anpu like this.
  7. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

the name registers... but the dps meter stays at zero no matter what I write. Only works when my pet's name is single word

Anpu likes this.
  8. DavidDC

ah ok, updated with that fix 0.4.21

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  9. Charon

Charon Avatar

Is there an issue with the loot window not updating?

I ask because the past 2 nights I spent some time in Tartarus and The Rise and all that showed up in my loot window was gold and the normal junk drops. When I got home and actually checked my inventory afterwards I'd actually picked up some bandit armor, satyr bardiches, swords, the ubiquitous 0 durability long bows and blue and yellow bags but none of that showed up as loot drops on 0.4.21.

10. DavidDC

didnt notice anything wrong here? do you have any error message?

if you are using multiple mod make sure all mods (.lua file) contains all globals needed to work... beside that i cant see what could be wrong

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  11. Charon

Charon Avatar

Nope. No error messages but I didn't have any issues over the weekend either so no clue what was going on. If it ever comes up again I'll get some screenshots or whatever you'd need to debug.

Anpu and devilcult like this.
  12. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Is it possible you changed characters without doing a /lua reload ?

devilcult likes this.
  13. DavidDC

Also saw that when you sit down afk for a while and get up your name get broke on dps meter etc cause of the tag (even if removed it add some trailing numbers), ill check that out later thought

Anyhow, lua still need alot of work. I think we need a event based system where we can retrieve info directly when it happen and not grab it ourself, that cause too much latency problem in the program and all. Im probably gonna wait until atos make some more stuff and see where its leading before adding anything to this mod again. I'm currently working on a project for making a mod manager and a website for it https://shroudmods.com if you guys want a spoiler preview. Still have to fix some stuff thought on it. But yeah, that is my priority, then ill once i fnish this ill start working on Amalgamate again and probably change it into a dependecy for creating ui and stuff (while keeping utilities in another mod). Still lot of work to do to make things more enjoyable for everyone :)

Anpu likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Suggestion for a new function in your mod: Unfinished Quest Tasks

This window would show the following text, when a player has 3 specific quest items in their inventory:

Return the Prayer Card to a Monk (shows if a player has the Prayer Card quest item in inventory).
    Return Bounty Slip to a Bounty Master (shows if a player has the Bounty Slip quest item in inventory).
    Return Survey Ticket to an Alchemist (shows if a player has the Survey Ticket quest item in inventory).

The text would not appear, if the quest items are not in the players inventory.

Bonus points: Show some indicator(?) if a players does have any of these 3 items in their inventory, and then click on that indicator to open the Unfinished Quest Tasks window.

This would actually be a very very basic and rudimentary "quest system" for your mod.

Anyways, just an idea and a suggestion if you have the time. Thanks!

Andrew Rodrick likes this.
  15. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

You also need a better explanation on how to actually install this and get it to work in game. I gave up trying because I couldn't figure it out. I say also because one of these other folk who had an addon also was poorly explained and I couldn't get that to work either...

16. DavidDC

Hmm thought my step was pretty clear, extract the zip in the lua folder of the game (and how to access that folder).
    One thing i didnt said is to extract directly in the folder Lua so it doesnt extract in Lua\Amalgamate\Amalgamate.lua, it gotta be Lua\Amalgamate.lua. So if it created a subfolder, just move everything in it into the Lua folder.

If you tell me where you blocked ill write up an explanation on it

Anpu likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Before installing this mod make 10000000% sure that LUA directory is empty before installing this mod.

18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I run this, and OCX tools without issue, both can run, be sure you are installing them both in the correct directory!

19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Do you find a benefit to running both?

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I like looking at the different info's and the way they display.. perhaps it's because I'm also a programmer that wants to do a lua script as well! But some things are missing from each other, so they aren't copies of each other at all. I guess no advantage really, just fun for me to see how and what it is doing. but anyway - they run together just fine!

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.