1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I went there last night and there is one on the middle island that connects to Novia (by the kolbold land area) and two boats that connect the three islands together (skull island is not there yet as the forth island). @kaeshiva

Elgarion and Numa like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Going through thread now and building a response post.

BTW, just added:
    Players may delay their selection intentionally, and will only be able to reserve one of the remaining locations upon the end of their requested delay. Essentially, you cannot take up a slot in Novia/Hidden Vale, reserve a spot in Mistrendur then ask for a delay in your move. A request for a delay = losing your current reservation and you'll need to repick from remaining locations once your desire for delay has ended.

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and Numa like this.
  3. Elgarion

New image of maps uploaded, explanations coming forthwith about colored circles (asking Sannio). Should be adventure scene and town markers. You can see there are boat indicators on map too.

4. Elgarion

Cleaned up the chart, no need for colons now:

• All brackets begin AND end at Noon CDT

• Bracket 1: February 29 - March 3

• Bracket 2: March 3 - March 6

• Bracket 3: March 6 - March 9

• Bracket 4: March 9 - March 12

• Bracket 5: March 12 - March 15

• Bracket 6: March 15 - March 18

• Bracket 7: March 18 - March 21

5. Elgarion

Already on QA there are some town markers showing, more will load in soon. I was able to run around, utilizing List Rostov's new map (inserted in OP now) and easily determine which town was which. Should be good to go. I can always help clarify any particular # if you're not sure where exactly it is.

6. Elgarion

Rav beat me ;)

You pick from the available numbers on the new image I posted ;)

Boats show on new image posted in OP now

Offline will have access to it yes. I did see someone post about this recently, where someone altered their offline character data to login at this location already, so technically already in. Not sure of method though. Not sure if offline version has boats yet. Anyone?

All towns have an inherent value at $500 or more. For instance, I bought my Holdfast a long time ago, and it cost me $750. Moving my town would cost me $50 additional. Ultimately the value of the transfers are quite equitable if not far in access of the $500. This discussion could go both ways... why wouldn't a $5000 metropolis bump a $500 town in priority for placement? That's why we went with "sequence of committal" to live in the new lands, whether it be a new town or a transfer. Land rush... first come first serve type concept.

Colored indications might reflex the adventure scenes and NPC towns on new map, I'm getting clarification from Sannio.

First page of questions/concerns addressed. To the second page! (queue Batman music)

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

This was a very smart move. There are so many ways this particular landrush could end in a (figurative) bloodbath and treating priority in the manner described above minimizes that possibility.

Also avoids another bushel of pay2win accusations against SOTA which is always good in my book.

8. Elgarion

Yes. If the town you select is at a shoreline, if it is an island template, it will go directly offshore from that location, and if its a coastal/inland template, it would go at that location.
    Indicators on the map are being placed in-game at a fast pace by the team. On QA you can already see many. On the image of the map in the original post (just updated), there are boats and various colored circles. I'm getting feedback from Sannio asap as to what they mean. My guess is they are planned locations for some of the NPC towns and Adventure Scenes. More to come. Just how the towns were arranged will be large indicators for where high traffic areas are. Clusters of POT's for those wanting proximity to others, and plenty of remote locations are also speckled in there for the hermits. I'll be updating the map frequently be hiding already selected numbers and providing more clear markers as the team lets me know. By the initial day of the land rush, it should be very clear.
    We'll be adding 150 town markers since 150 will be possible. Currently 20 slots are unsold, so even the last person choosing will have 21 locations to pick from, since even if one sold at this point, they would be choosing after the current last person. The town spots were arranged in locations where possible (flat) but also with variance for several reasons. One, we want some areas to feel remote... dangerous... uninhabited. We also want some town markers to have the feeling of remoteness where they're not in large clusters. We also wanted to create batches of locations for towns to indicate a bustling populated area (like our current Brittany cluster of POTs).
    Guidance for delaying your pick (choosing to skip your bracket) has been posted in the original post. Delaying your move will make you lose your bracket, but if you decide to end your delay, you'd be able to enter into any currently live bracket. If all brackets had picked, your number of options would be limited to the remaining unpicked locations. Currently, that's 20, but could shrink if any of the remaining 20 are purchased. The team will be working quickly to get content loaded (ETA's coming soon, initial scene descriptions to pop) but also keep in mind, teleportation between town concepts will get lovin' soon. Also, each POT out there will benefit from the foot traffic of their neighboring POT's.
    Addressed in earlier reply.
    Good feedback--perhaps post this to the feedback forums.
    Yes, if you didn't purchase any sort of EP2 voucher to modify or get a new town, then you can simply set-up your lemonade stand and keep those land rush pioneers hydrated as their wagon trains pass by :p
    Not #3. Perhaps a feedback item to offer at some point. There were 4 options:
    • Nested EP1 to nested EP2 transfer (which is being studied, only 5 sold, likely will be handled individually as many scenarios for reasoning are coming to light.
    • Overland EP1 to Overland EP2 transfer (30 sold, 20 remain)
    • Nested EP1 to Overland EP2 transfer (50 sold, sold out)
    • New EP2 town (50 sold, sold out)
    I'll try to get that map full of as much info as I can before the first day of rush. Hopefully early to mid week. I'll be trying to pick List's and Sannio's brains as much as possible to get you guys prepped for the Land Rush.
    Addressed in previous post, but yes, this is why we went with the sequential option, because there were easily 2 sides to this coin.
    Bam, couldn't have said it better myself ;) Alrighty... to page 3! (more Batman music)

9. Elgarion

Hopefully the new map image I loaded (List's work, please thank him, he rocks) will clear up the boat locations sufficiently. I'll swap the map as it updates.
    Good points! :)

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Elgarion
    I was looking at the new map in the op and at the actual lad mas and was wondering about spots 152 and 151. On the map it shows them on the sandy beach but there are no towns there in the lad mass. I do see 149, 150, 151, and 152 grouped together up the path. Can you verify if there are any towns/island boats on the beach where 151 and 152 are showing on the map?

Thank you

Elgarion likes this.
  11. Elgarion

I'll spend some time comparing very soon, especially when I have more info from Sannio about location of adventure and NPC towns. I might try to come up with a recommended technique for matching'em up if people get confused as to which number is which one on the map. My first look, it seemed easy if I just looked for landmarks (defects/items in terrain) that were also on map. I'll look again soon.

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  12. Elgarion

edited, clearing up something, will double check.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Anpu, Alleine Dragonfyre and Lesni like this.
  13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I see the new map @Elgarion is there a key to the different colors on the map? Also, is there any way you guys could put this temporary, numbered map IN game so we can have an idea of where we are?

14. Alleine Dragonfyre

@Elgarion How do we determine where Island overland POTs are placed? Thanks.

15. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

16. stile

stile Avatar

My random/thoughts input, as someone who doesnt "play" much, but has a nested PoT to move to overland, and might want to do something with that in future. May also move a city home.

-Sees today's news update, and reads it
    -Thought #1 - wait, this is taking place in 9 days, and this is the first i'm being given a notice to go read a thread? what if i dont ant to pay attention to both the forums and the updates? Oh well, i probally just missed the thread annoucement in another update.
    -Goes to forum, reads a lot of things, gets more confused
    -Im not sure i understand.. Im supposed to be picking where I want to move.. blindly? i dont know whats there? Why would i move an entire town and not know what the location is like?
    -Decides to just ignore it all and hope its an option to use the transfer in future, when able to see where hes moving, and things are simple instead of complicated, as doesn't care to spend hours pouring over spreadsheets and charts.

17. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Elgarion I have another couple of questions for you (Sorry).

Stupid Question #1: Any chance we can get a Snowy Island template to put off the coast of snowy areas?
    Not so Stupid Question #2: When we move our POT does it unlock the POT so that we can change templates or settings (PVP for Exp)?

Thank you as always

Also a comment to Caveloot.com Owner
    I was at the same place you are wondering how I could pick a place when I didn't know how to even get to the New Lands. Another Avatar was help full in letting me know that the boat to the new lands is in Noreach (Thank you @that_shawn_guy). Check the current maps in the OP in this chain and it will show you the lot numbers you can pick from and the boats that travel between the islands. If I can help just PM me.

Mal Hari likes this.
  18. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Going from Nested to Overworld are we going to have to pick up all of our plots and town decorations for this move or can we leave it there and just tell you what number we want to be transferred to? Curious because my POT has a lot of deco in it, I have several inactive players with TF homes placed, as well as some of my own TF properties placed. My time is limited (especially on weekends) and I'm hoping I don't have to take everything down and rebuild the town. Thanks.

**Edit***
    Found answer: "Only town name changes and biome changes require the town to be reset. All good ;)"

Thanks Cyin

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Lesni and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Ravalox likes this.
  20. Skutter Luchnyk

Skutter Luchnyk Avatar

@Elgarion
    As some of us are creating a new POT, is there a catalog of names already in use so that we could find something unique?

Anpu and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.