1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Guild bank

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I know I'm dreaming, but that's what this is for!

Mal Hari and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I think this request needs expanding a bit....

Mal Hari and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A bank window shared by members of the guild.

If the devs go crazy they could even put in withdrawel limits based on leader/officer/member.

Wilfred, Mal Hari and Black Tortoise like this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Let me expand...

How would this be used? Would you access your normal bank and have a guild bank option open up?
    Would there be a separate bank access device (maybe coto store?) that is placed by the guild leader? Can you place multiples in different locations around the world?
    Would this only work on a single continent or global? i.e. only episode 1 lands would have access, another would have to be placed in episode 2 lands or a single one would work for both.
    Could we have rankings within the guild for View only, can deposit, can deposit and withdraw.
    Would gold be able to be stored in it for sharing purposes?
    Logs for who took what and when?
    Would this be a specific device in a single location or global like personal banks.
    How many slots? Would you be able to upgrade with gold / cotos?

Mal Hari likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

All good ideas. I don't think it will happen but just wanted to write it down while I was thinking about it. I'm not going to bother spending more time on designing it for them though, as even if I do, the implementation won't be what I write up.

Mal Hari likes this.
  6. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

Isn't a shared storage container sort of doing what you request? I know it's not really a bank, but one could also argue that a storage room at a guild house is more 'immersive' than a magical UI window that somehow transports items around.
    Perhaps container permissions / logging could be expanded on, maybe we could get special storage chests that look more 'banky'?

7. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I'm all for more guild options, currently a guild is just a chat channel and single additional option for lot rights as a chapter house that i know of.

I would however say there CURRENTLY no very good reason to add a guild bank or shared storage. I would be inclined to add options to game for having guild level goals. Things for player guild guilds to work towards. Once you have them you can work out if you make these guild goals more easily achieved by adding guild level mechanic X.

Player Guilds have long needed a design and implementation pass. I wrote this over 18 months ago

Guilds

As with all MMOs, player groups are the cornerstone of the game. Guilds I think are lacking currently, at the moment are really just a chat channel, and some housing permissions. I would like to see more goals set at a guild level. Giving people a shared goal is generally a good thing. The kind of thing I suggested in the economy consumption, but im sure there are many other ideas.​

So i'm not against guild banks, I would just rather they created something that made a need for a guild bank before making the guild bank :)

Regards
    Spung

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I tend to agree with you on this for the most part. I would much rather see a "vault" room in a guild house where players need to actually visit to be able to add or take "guild property".

Currently, the only permission options for "take items" are: Public, Kindred, Trustee, Co-Owner. So, in order to have a "guild bank" container where only officers can remove the items... you would have to add all of the officers as one of those (Trustee perhaps?) for the entire lot. Not sure if that is a viable solution for everyone because officers come and go pretty frequently in most guilds and that would require a lot of micro management to keep things secure.

It would be much better / easier (at least for a property set to "Guild Chapter House") if the container permissions available included "Guild Members" and "Guild Officers" as options for "Take Items".

Come to think of it though... I think if you assign a lot to Guild Chapter House, all members are Kindred and all officers are Trustee by default... so this could actually work if you just assign container permissions properly.

Mal Hari likes this.
  9. Curt

Curt Avatar

One alternative, make a special currency for the guild and instead of bank have a vendor that buy and sells using that currency.
    And then some ways to earn the currency.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Currently players 'simulate' this sort of functionality - shared guild containers on "guild chapterhouses" is the cobbled together guild bank.
    However, there are a lot of problems with this.

1) Its messy and gets messier
    Trying to organize things into various containers that multiple people are going to have their fingers in, inevitably ends up with things in wrong box and the whole system breaking down. Especially due to the sheer variety of 'stuff' you can get/use/store in this game.

2) Permissions are binary
    If you're in the guild, you can take the stuff (from the chapterhouse). There's no way to limit 'withdrawals' or require certain guild ranks/permissions. "Guild Bank" features as implemented in other games often have more variability in permission sets. It basically means that when you invite someone new to the guild, you're trusting them with an awful lot of stuff - a risky proposition.

Honestly, I think before we get guild banks, we need better guild tools and systems which would support a guild bank and other 'upgrades.'.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, a while ago there was a person on reddit bragging about having stolen hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from one of our guilds.

Withdrawel limits would at least make them work for it.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.