1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skutter Luchnyk

Skutter Luchnyk Avatar

I also see that some avatars have visited the new lands, apparently on the QA server?
    Is that still available?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

On qa, go to the overland map, and head towards the cily of Noreach. You will see a boat to Mistrendur there. Click on it to go there.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Skutter Luchnyk
    Several Avatars have tried to make a current list of Player Owned Towns. Up until RMT was stopped in game POTs were sold frequently between players. Here are a couple of posts that tired to maintain list:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/player-town-list-post-final-wipe.58538/

and a new one started by @Elgarion but both require POT owners to participate in sending data. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/player-owned-towns-directory-active.161697/

Another thing you can do is open the Overland map and look for names. Just in Case the map can be found here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

have fun and enjoy your town and be sure to visit all the others.... you get 100 coins the first time you visit each town.

Sean Silverfoot and Numa like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, I'm noticing aberrations too and some areas it looks like simply haven't been got to yet on QA marker placing. I'll verify each and every one of them prior to the rush and try to get them fixed asap. I'm trying to avoid using a cross-reference table, but if we have to, I'll make one.
    I got answers from @Sannio
    • Purple Indicators: potential NPC/story towns (more will be speckled in eventually)
    • Orange/Red Indicators: potential adventure scenes (more will be speckled in eventually)
    I also added that to the original post.
    Do you have an Ep2 new town or transfer voucher for EP2 Stile? If so, what are your specific questions do you have about your transfer/new town please. I'm here to help and happy to do so.
    It looks like I was assuming people read previous updates about Mistrendur being in-game for exploration, good point. Also thanks for the help addressing Stile's question. Among other clarifications, I put the following info on the original post:
    "If you would like to visit Mistrendur and walk around for a better feel, simply go to the boat by Noreach on the QA client. This boat will also appear on the live client shortly and before the land rush begins. Currently on the live client, you can ask to be teleported there by a GM or teleport to a friend who already has access, after which point a zone scroll would work for your return visit."
    I'll update that to remove the QA verbiage once that boat goes into the live server. Key thing is that we get that boat into live before the rush begins.
    Very good question. I'll check. In the meantime you could do searches at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/ which should have a good amount of entries.

ALRIGHTY wow -- thanks so much guys. As these questions roll in, it helps me to learn, helps to get this process description more and more refined for the Land Rush AND hopefully it helps a few of you along the way.

Mal Hari, Trinity, Scooby Doo and 4 others like this.
  5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Any update on this?
    Is it still as you originally posted?

6. Elgarion

It's the weekend, so company chat room is always slow. Believe it or not, some of them take a little personal time hehee. More to come :)

7. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

This is great if it's a town transfer but what about a new city? Do we need to include the biomes etc or will you place a blank city then let us change the city later? Also is the $500 the cost of a holdfast or do we need to place more money down to secure our town? If we want a bigger town do we upgrade through the town window for later or can we upgrade now?

8. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Starting cost for a holdfast is 900 bucks so we will have to pay the rest surely soon in time.

You can choose to pay now foe a bigger town or later on in upgrade section. You can now also upgrade with coto in game if i am not mistaking :)

Biome is a good question but new one are supose to come so pretty sure this will have to be choose little later after bracket are done but thats a good question !

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Elgarion - I'm not a POT Owner, let alone one that is transferring to Mistrendur... but I think an important landmark that should be added to your map would be the location(s) where the boat(s) from Novia will land. (I think they may be there already, but labeling them would help).

That way, people making selections will know in advance how easy/hard it will be for them to travel to their new POT location once they get there. Sure, once it's established, recall scrolls will resolve the issue, but some people may want to make things easier for guests to find them if they haven't been there yet. ;)

10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, offline mode now has access to Mistrendur via the boat in Noreach on QA... just like on the online version.

Elgarion and Skutter Luchnyk like this.
  11. Elgarion

Good news, it's as I originally posted ;)
    I'll be putting some info in the OP, but good news -- anyone with a $500 voucher will be a proud owner of a Holdfast POT without any additional funds required. This is new information that'll hopefully make 50 people very happy, receiving their new towns at a discounted introductory price.
    Ya, the map needs a bit of love, but technically the boats are on there, but I can put some labels.
    Good news!

12. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

I can say i am damn happy about the holdfast discount :)

13. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Yay change! So much for the not so fine print :p

[​IMG]

CICI and K1000 like this.
  14. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

REALLY?

Even the web site says it's gotta be upgraded.
    [​IMG]

Once again older players getting hit in the purse.

*shakes head sadly*

EDIT: didn't see @Jack SinAssist post before mine.

Cordelayne and CICI like this.
  15. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

I can understand this laz but wont say old player are but town owner may feel this yeah...

Because i am an old player and will benefit from this. Still i have put this 500 bucks a while ago... can make a lot of money with 500 bucks by the time in actions ;) way more than the 400 bucks i may not pay here...

But still i can here you there

Alleine Dragonfyre and K1000 like this.
  16. Elgarion

Yes, the highlighted text you are referring to is indeed the wishy washy verbiage that would have implied they needed to pay $400 more to actually get their Holdfast. This is no longer the case. They'll have their towns incoming at the already paid price of $500.

17. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

So to upgrade to Hamlet then it'll still cost the $400 PLUS the upgrade I'm guessing?

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Wow! This is some great news! And i m an original backer who s put more than 5k on the game from the addon store and pledges. I also bought a few thousand worth in the marketplace. I always thought the game had to change from a payed funding model to a payed release model. I was very happy when prices on everything came down more than a year ago and some high priced essential items (like cf vendors and crafting stations) started selling in the addon store. Even though it devalued the items i bought through pledge or marketplace. I think this is another step in the right direction. The goal is still to attract new players and make them spend money in the addon store.

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

This is exactly how it went when we all bought Holdfasts before they went to $900 for Episode 1. So yes, I have paid the difference from the original early price to get to Hamlet. (Not saying the costs are the same, but the methodology to upgrade should be the same).

Overall, the price to upgrade a POT have come down 20% or more over the long run.

Elgarion, Sean Silverfoot and K1000 like this.
  20. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Sorry - I just want to make sure I understand this latest news... My New POT Token is valid for One Holdfast with zero additional payment? I have to ask, does this mean that all upgrades will cost $400 less for the upgrade? Am I correct in this?

Alleine Dragonfyre and Elgarion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.