1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

My account page lists a Hamlet at 1100 US crackers, so if you have the Ep 2 new POT token, it will be 1100 minus the 500, so 600 to get to Hamlet from your Holdfast level. I think you can pay in either cash OR crowns (which can be considerably cheaper to get when on sale, and also an in game way to get).

Disclaimer - I am only extrapolating from what values of math I see. I am not a financial advisor, nor economics Nobel laureate. Any resemblence to SotA math is coincidental.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

One other observation I have is, once the continent of Mistrendur is locked (which I assume will be the case when new content is added there on Live), do all the Governor’s of these POT’s actually have Episode 2 access? If they cannot go to the place where their town is that might be a slight problem.

You may have already anticipated that however. Or locked content will be a different way. Just sharing this observation.

EDIT: Thanks Alley Oop!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

all four voucher types came with ep2 access

Alleine Dragonfyre, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  4. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

@Elgarion thanks for all the infos, looks like a good process!
    One question: will there be a timeslot to upgrade a fresh ep2 pot before it gets placed? Else we'd need to pack/unpack the new town shortly after it gets opened. Thanks!

majoria70 and Elgarion like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't need to pack a town for size upgrades, only for biome switches and name changes.

Elgarion and Chirp like this.
  6. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

You are right, forgot that. Thanks Alley!

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

If you a reserve a pot for ep2 and already paid for a holdfast then correct you will have a holdfast pot for no extra fee (so no need to pay an extra bucks)

But if you wanna upgrade it to a bigger town you will have to pay tho

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

The words are not trickery. We all paid for POT, now all these players get a discount. I just really can't understand anything you guys do anymore.

The WORDING use to be the larger the POT the better POT selection, but Shafted again, and now these FREE size POT pop up. Just shut down the game server already, if your going to not gather money from these people just shut the doors. Heritage Deco, is not the bulk 400+ from 50 new POT

Can not wait to see 50 more abandoned POT in the world because it cost more to upgrade even with coto then it does to buy a Municipality, second hand.

9. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

OMG. AWESOME.

10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So now that you dont have to spend $400 on the pot upgrade, how much of that not upgrade 400 are you going to go out and buy deco with?

Mishra and Elgarion like this.
  11. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll chime in and answer anything later today. From where I left off with questions. FYI, I got a lot info yesterday obviously, which I snuck in here with replies. I'll put anything new in the original post as well today.

Mal Hari, Lesni, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Does this mean existing POT owners will get a free upgrade? I think that would be a fair gesture to help mitigate any hard feelings for the "veteran" people who feel slighted in this thread by the deposit break.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  13. Godra

Godra Avatar

I feel anything below a Holdfast should be increased to a Holdfast free of charge, regardless when the POT was purchased. However, anything that is already a Holdfast would need to pay for an increase. I have owned my POT for years and I have increased my size using cash to a Crossroads Village before they shut that down and I just recently, in the past 2 weeks, increased to a City size using COTO’s. those later increases cost much more than what these new POT’s are getting at a Holdfast and they too must pay for any increases going forward. I am fine with what the Dev team is doing.

14. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

There's nothing smaller than a holdfast. Any single upgrade up to a village crossroad would be the same dollar amount in upgrades as the deposit break.

But as appreciation to those who have spent more in the past on a larger POT, the gesture of an upgrade could go a long way considering a lot of them have taken some pretty hard hits over the last couple of years with Duke Heads and other things.

Doesn't matter to me much one way or another. I'm just tossing out ideas to get ahead of a potential problem I see on the horizon.

15. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

Are overworld locations in the original map going to open up as people move out?

16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I think that will be another discussion beyond the current one going on of getting the Episode 2 POTs placed. Something to come back to for consideration.

17. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

FYI, I'm updating the main thread now, but decided to save the changes to the dates immediately. We had a meeting today and due the meeting results and player feedback, we're putting off the land rush by 2 weeks. I'll be updating the main post with new updates, to include stuff I've prepared from yesterday to share.

18. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I think its a wise decision! To @Chris, get well soon, this will allow him to get more involved when he's back on his feet. This gives players time to digest the situation and apply proper judgement, provide feedback, and the development team time to respond to the player's feedback.

*thumbs up*

Sincerely,

Engineer

Mal Hari and Lesni like this.
  19. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Will make it much easier to look forward upgrading my town!

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  20. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

That makes 0 sense, to upgrade your town you still HAVE to pay the difference. They are not giving you money off. They are just making it so you dont have to pay the larger sum to get it a Holdfast...

Mhtic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.