1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

After the land rush once the craziness dies down, someone should organise a tour of Mistrendur and as many POTS as possible so other players can get the lay of the (new) land.

Tons of people would go, it would be a really major community event :)

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yet another nuance! Yay! :p LOL, let me get back to you on this one. Nudge me if I forget.
    We actually were considering this (lumping all the new ones as interconnections in a PRT somewhere in Novia) but this takes considerable work, and since the land rush is only 2 weeks away, we decided against it as it is too last minute.

3. Elgarion

Oh ya, we'll definitely be spotlighting it also in an upcoming livestream. We just want to get the overworld markers and jpg map perfected... Mistrendur!!!!! Was are coming!!!!!!!

Numa likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Probably an accidental post to wrong thread. Great feedback :) Want me to move this to the Feedback forum as a new thread?

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Made a new post in wishlist section.. feel free to clean up here as i cant delete... thx.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  6. Elgarion

done!

FYI, just uploaded new version of JPG. More markers on it and realignment of the town positioning slightly (when they were aligning to grid). This of course is not the last version. Lots more info coming ;)

CrandalltheFoole, Numa and Elrond like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm guessing this will get rolled into the Welcome quest tour we have seen in months past. I've been through a couple. They are nice. You get to visit the various POT's. Usually one per welcome quest. Talk to the Governer and see how they have setup their town.

Just a thought,

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Any requests for a pot to be included in a Welcome Quest tour the governor need to contact me.

Welcome Quest is a player ran event done by me since the beginning, not port nor Catnip.

9. Elgarion

Alrighty... since folks often have multiple accounts and multiple towns, sometimes on separate accounts... to help with record analysis, I've added the following requirements to the submission when the time comes. This should clear up any ambiguity as we hit the first land rush. Main post updated.

• ACCOUNT NAME OF TOWN OWNER
    • TOWN NAME
    • ACCOUNT NAME OF EP2 VOUCHER OWNER
    • TIMESTAMP OF EP2 VOUCHER PURCHASE
    • PRIMARY: 097
    • ALTERNATE 1: 117
    • ALTERNATE 2: 032

Mhtic and Numa like this.
  10. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

that's great to prioritize who'll pick the first in this new land but there's no real value to all this if we there's no indication about the major NPC towns, dungeons, landmarks, etc
    Or may I missed something?

11. Elgarion

If you'll notice on the JPG on the main post, there are markers (different colored circles) and List is working to put them into the game as well on the Mistrendur overworld map. Those will be adventure Scenes, towns etc. We'll definitively have plenty of indicators to help people choose by the land rush in 2 weeks.

12. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Nope, not the only one, I also would like to know about this. and yeah it would be nice if the offline player had the ability to play with the player owned town feature in the offline mode.

13. Elgarion

Added: Players with multiple vouchers are not permitted to swap the sequence of selection between the vouchers they own. For instance if one voucher for one town was purchased early, and is in Bracket 1, and another voucher for another town that person controls was purchased late, and is in Bracket 7, the selection process remains in the sequence of purchase, and cannot be flipped between the two vouchers.

I probably coulda worded that better, but I guess it gets the point across.

14. Godra

Godra Avatar

There is no POT's in Offline Mode Single Player. They were in years ago in the early stages of the POT's being sold, but not functional and just a scene you could enter. They did remove them completely from Offline shortly after.

Sean Silverfoot and Numa like this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Elgarion
    I have what I think will be a performance issue. In the OP you noted a great new feature that I raved about earlier in this thread.

As I was thinking what towns to add to my POT I thought... How does Kingsport handle 300 boats in the Harbor and how does this affect the performance of the town? I might add 10 or so NPC and Payer Owned Towns to my POT but the main towns like Aerie, Xenos, Ardoris, Brittany, ETC will be a mess. Will the Teleports that are going to be in the COTO Store be 1 Way? So from My POT to a destination? Anyway just the ramblings of a worst case scenario thinker.

16. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Yea!!

Datendrache likes this.
  17. Elgarion

The COTO store teleporters aren't in design yet, so no intel yet on their functionality.

18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This is true, but in doing so, they also removed a few scenes that offline players can't get to... including: Hometown and Fishing Expedition.

It would be nice for offline players to see all the homes and how they are decorated in Hometown, or be able to see one of the most beautiful scenes in the game to do some fishing... but these are both considered POT's and thus not even available offline. :(

19. Elgarion

I added additional information for new town owners coming in with Episode 2 in the main post, but I'm posting here also so you see the changes I'm talking about. The first section is because we've already processed the vouchers for the 50 new towns, meaning the vouchers no longer exist! BUT, have no fear, because now you can go to the town data in your account page (yes, your towns are available now with forums and even to upgrade ahead of time) and get that same timestamp.

Also, guidance was provided if this was their first town. Changes are indicated below:

• For new town voucher types, since your new town voucher for EP2 has already been converted to a town pledge entry, to determine in which bracket you belong and where your place is within the selection sequence, please go to your account page towns tab and locate your town entry. Thie timestamp of this purchase (which matches the timestamp of your voucher purchase) is your unique identifier to determine where you fall within the selection cycle.
      [​IMG]
    • New town reservations (Episode 2 Player Owned Town with Overland Access Reservations) could very likely be 1st time town owners. Just to fill you in, you'll fall into the selection queue just like the others as indicated above, BUT you will have something a bit extra to do. You'll get to submit your very first unlocked POT form available on your Towns tab in your Account page. Albeit you'll still utilize the above instructions for submitting your selection items as indicated above, you'll also need to submit your town's form with information such as the town name, the biome/template as well as up to 3 interconnections. Please note that NPC Towns are not yet available in Mistrendur and no interconnections are being reserved for them at this time. However, you may use any of your 3 interconnections to connect with existing towns in Novia or Hidden Vale. As NPC Towns are added to Mistrendur, you may purchase a generic POT Form Unlock Voucher to add interconnections with them at that time after they become available. If you place your location selection preferences in your unlocked form, then submit, we will not be regarding these via the form as they're likely to change depending upon choices made by others within your bracket and before. Please utilize the above described process for submitting location selection choices via the private conversation method. No worries! I'll be here to guide you through the process, and we're hoping to make the transition to town ownership as smooth as possible for you!

20. Elgarion

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.