1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godra

Godra Avatar

Well I noticed something last night, but didn't see it again using a Teleport to Zone scroll. So I went to use one tonight and saw two scenes at the top of the list in a yellow color. New Haven and Fishing Expedition. New Haven is a Player Owned Town and Fishing Expedition is listed as an Expedition Area. Now I went to New Haven, I was no able to place any plot markers, but the two water piers are available to claim (Keep and Castle). I was able to claim them. I went to Fishing Expedition. Has a galleon and an island in the scene.

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Updated the jpg map with one that has more labels, more coming soon :)

Datendrache likes this.
  3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Do we know what tiers those adventure scenes are and which one is going to be the mine? The mine that doesn't have tier 10 stupid slimes in I mean.

kaeshiva likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Elgarion
    I have another question in preparing for the Land Rush. Once a town has been chosen how is it going to be denoted? Will the Map in the OP be updated with POT numbers removed or crossed out? And if I am in the new lands looking for a spot will the taken ones be marked?

Thanks for your work on this. I think allowing a bit more time to respond to Avatars is going to make the process a lot smoother.

5. Elgarion

I've seen a recent difficulty breakdown and even potential scene type/descriptions/ideas discussed lately, but not QUITE ready for public consumption. It'll just be preview stuff mind you, but I'll get as much of that info in there ASAP (and definitely before land rush).

I'll update the spreadsheet you guys see (also linked in main post) as we'll as erase the little numbers as they become unavailable for later brackets.

Numa likes this.
  6. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I believe the ones listed at the top are the ones with the fishing bonus for that day.

Net likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There is no fishing bonus. The 2 towns listed at the top each day have a chance to find the Pacu fish in them. That’s the only thing you will find in those 2 listed towns.

EDIT: I'll continue discussion about this here (I don't want to derail this thread from the actual topic): https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-when-using-a-teleport-to-zone-scroll.162440/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

When did that change? I was pretty sure it represented a fishing bonus at one time.

9. Rees2

Rees2 Avatar

Did you purchase at 7500 for Ep1 or was the purchase for Ep2?. If it was Ep1, why would that be a priority in Ep2? You've received and bhad the agreed to benefit in Ep1, no?

The funding brought in for Ep1 supported Ep1 and people had benefit from that, the funding brought in for Ep2, should have the same "priority" as that in Ep1. I.E. value of new funds brought in, are given higher priority.

K1000 likes this.
  10. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I have a question, well maybe two and they may already be answered.

I have a Nested town. It will be moved to the over world in Ep2. 1) Will the POT connections I have with other Nested POT's not being moved still be there when my POT is moved?
    2) I am not a fan of the balloon POT connection to an Island, is there any way those can be put on a wagon with a selection in Ep2? (My POT is snowy mountains)
    Thank you in advance.

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

My understanding is, yes they should be.

Elgarion likes this.
  12. Elgarion

When your town moves, your existing interconnections will not be altered. Part 1 of a concept of allowing long range town-town teleporters. Ultimately, we'll have in-game player placeable teleporters where everyone can set up exactly the same thing, teleport to any town from any other town.

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Interesting, I'll have to check that out to see if I can get to it offline though TP to Zone.

14. Elgarion

Alrighty, to prep myself for tomorrow or Thursday, I posted 14 pictures in the main post. They give an idea of the biome for each of the adventure and town scenes, but I'll also be placing a 2-3 sentence teaser next to each picture to give you an idea of the inherent threat level of the location and general info about inhabitants or threat types etc.

15. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

I'm not blonde. (red hair).
    But I must not understand the process.
    When a POT was placed in the past, we were asked to go to the spot and get the map coordinates and submit them to support.
    Why has that changed for EP2?

What are we going to submit to mark our 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice?
    As choices continue, the available locations will become smaller and more chaotic.
    How are we going to know what NOT to select because someone has already chosen that spot?

Will we know who owns the towns in the areas we are considering?
    What if I have an issue with the neighboring town owner and would prefer to not be near them?

If after a town is placed, what if it needs to be moved?
    Can it be moved? How much will it cost and when can it be moved?

Also, wouldn't it be better to complete the lands for EP2.
    (i.e. Put in adventure zones, town markers, etc)
    That way we can see what the area looks like before choosing a spot.
    As a pirate, my choice could be much different if the wrong adventure area is nearby.

16. Elgarion

We'll be dealing with 20'ish people at a time for each bracket of the land rush, in which they'll provide their info. The likelihood of these 20 people submitting the same exact 3 choices as another in their bracket is less likely than if I took in all the information at once. Keep an eye on the spreadsheet as I populate it. Also, I'll be updating the graphic and removing already selected numbers as we progress. As the data comes in, Sannio will be off to the races trying to do the development side of the land rush, mine is just the admin side. His progress will be slower than mine, but I'll continue to collect new bracket data as their times come due, and he'll continue to progress through the work in the order of the land rush.

If you wish to coordinate with other town owners, feel free to contact them and plan accordingly. I doubt anyone would mind (and I can withhold town names of anyone wanting to move into a location secretly), but I think its a good idea to provide this info generally, so I will be putting town names into the spreadsheet in the Player Facing Data column as I go down the list with each bracket and populate their data upon submission time.

At some point we'll address town moves between continents with future vouchers, but it'll be after the land rush. Only people with an EP2 voucher can move to the new lands currently. There's about 135'ish folks that'll be part of the land rush.

You'll find out where our pirate area is tomorrow when I put descriptions next to the pictures. So today? I'm not going to tell you that it's Adventure Scene 2 :p Adventure Scene 2 is absolutely in no way the Pirate area. Arrrrrrr. Don't be trustin' this pirate, but that's where the pirates be!

Anyone is more than welcome to delay their move, but alas, that means they're giving up their selection priority in the sequence, but they are guaranteed a spot over there in the end, regardless. Even if you're the last person to pick... I think current count shows the last person will have 23 locations to pick from.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  17. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Do we need to do this before or after our bracket comes up?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I guess knowing what specific lot we get might affect choice of template, so we should probably submit after? But would like confirmation to not mess anything up.

Also, I notice that form gives the option of selecting a location in Novia or Hidden Vale in addition to Mistrender? Is that a genuine option we can choose, or just for the convenience of not having to manage a separate form and not something we're supposed to use?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  18. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Elgarion
    The pictures look great. Can't wait to see what the text is going to say about them. Do want to point out that the picture for town 5 and 6 are the same. Thank you for another update.

19. Elgarion

Hmmmm, it's the same unlock form, so ya, it'll mention Novia and Hidden Vale. I might put some temporary verbiage on the form though no, if you're a new town for EP2, it gets placed in Mistrendur.

Good idea about waiting just in case you want a biome which makes sense to your selection. The form is more for Sannio, and his process is a bit slower (actual world building part) so you'd best wait to learn your location when your bracket comes up, once final (shouldn't take long) then presto, populate your form and submit.

Thanks Patrick and oooops! 6 was my favorite of the pics too. Hehe, fixed. I have 2-3 sentences written up for each location that I'll be publishing today under those pics.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  20. Elgarion

pictures in main post updated with descriptions

CrandalltheFoole and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.