SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I had already enchanted it before I took the pic, so the +5 is from enchants (which were strength & weapon durability, so they would not effect the stats shown). I did not include the enchant stats in the screen shot to avoid confusion about the base stats of the rare chain. So, ignore the +5, the data shown are the base stats for the item :) (just to be sure I confirmed by re-crafting the rare chain on QA, with no enchants).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Rentier, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

the +1 combat dodge modifier only shows in the tool-tip when this item is equipped.

[​IMG]

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

These stats are for common acara armor:

Note: the green buff that is listed first (the top-most green buff on the tool-tip) only shows when you equip the armor piece.
    Also, the stats shown in the post above & in the pic below are when only one component of acara's armor is equipped (which represents the base stats on the armor piece).
    [​IMG]

With each additional acara armor piece equipped, the upper green base-stat increases by factor of 1 (i.e. the upper green buff shown on the tool-tip will scale up with each additional armor piece equipped).
    So if you equip 2 pieces of acara armor (e.g. the boots and helm shown in the pic below), then the upper green base-stat buff is multiplied by 2 (helm gives +2 air attunement and the boots give + 2 combat dodge modifier).

[​IMG]

So, if you have all 6 acara armor pieces equipped, the upper green base-buff is multiplied by 6:
    • helm - air attunement goes from +1 to +6
    • Chest - focus gain goes from +10 to +60
    • leggings - damage avoidance goes from +1 to +6
    • gauntlets - air attunement goes from +1 to +6
    • boots - dodge modifier goes from +1 to +6
    • Shield - +25% air stun resistance when all 6 pieces are equipped (not sure what the stats are when less acara items are equipped).
    In this post, you can see the stats of each armor piece when a full set is equipped.
    I am not sure if the upper green buff on the shield scales as well, or if the shield stats remain the same regardless of what else you have equipped. Does anybody else know about the shield?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Browncoat Jayson, Rentier and Anpu like this.
  5. Alley Oop

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Quite possible. I've put a placeholder in for the craftable one; I'll try to remember to look it up next time I'm on.

Looks like both the Pewer Mug and the Mug of Ale are redirecting to the same icon. I'll need to find the actual craftable item icon and get it uploaded. Again, I'll try to check the next time I actually play.

7. Alley Oop

8. Browncoat Jayson

There's an issue with the Item template that it ignores the percentage sign. I need to rewrite it, but just haven't had time. Since I also need to add a flag for a penalty instead of a bonus, maybe I'll try to get that done soon.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Browncoat Jayson and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I created the following page as a test: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Bandit_Roving_Encounter

When a person engages a Bandit on a road, and enters into a Plains Road Encounter, and then perhaps decides to have a look at the wiki entry for a Plains Road Encounter, the information on there isn't exactly all that accurate for the person entering into a specific Bandit Plains Road Encounter. You won't be finding any Dragons in here for example, entering into a specific Bandit Roving Encounter.

So I created the above page to show the accurate information of what you will find when entering in a specific Bandit Roving Encounter. Does this look good as a template to add the other Roving Encounters? Does it have all the basic information when entering into this scene? Is there any other basic information that should be added here?

Just wanted to make this and see what your thoughts were on this.

EDIT: I clarified the type of bandit scene will load based on the terrain type it is standing on when engaging you. Added to the description about Sacks and Unlocked Chests in the scene (these are random).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  11. Alley Oop

depending on the type of terrain the Bandit was on when it caught you. you can deliberately change the terrain by leading them a chase to a hex with the type you want, if they don't leash first.

i think this IS true for bandits, but going forward you can't assume it for all encounters on that terrain. for instance, pumpkinhead removes all the cotton (and garlic?) and adds pumpkin vines.

i think the bandits also have a chance for a treasure chest, but when i've seen them they're by a rock, not at the central camp point.

otherwise looks good!

buh. i forgot the plains and plains road needed splitting.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks! I updated the page with that information (the type of scene will load depending on the terrain type hex when they engage you).

I also further clarified that the resources in a Bandit Roving Encounter are all the same.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

The problem is that the encounter scene itself does not change title, so players will be searching for "Plains Road Encounter" not "Bandit Roving Encounter". This is the problem with so many things with the same name in-game.

We could either distinguish them by map name with a disambiguation page, which can be difficult to find, or we could split the article into sections for each type of encounter. I'd probably lean toward the second option, since there is plenty of general information that applies to all of them that we wouldn't need to duplicate.

I'll think about how we can do this with the least amount of confusion. Again, one of the many things I've wanted to do, but lack of time and focus.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I totally get that. When engaging a Bandit Roving Encounter, on a road, the scene really should be called Bandit Plains Road Encounter. THAT would be way less confusing than what it currently is.

I just did this as a test to at least get this information out there on the wiki. If it end up being just too confusing, that is fine (completely get that). I will just write a Guide on the forums for all of these roving encounters encounters (which I am currently doing).

15. Alley Oop

16. Browncoat Jayson

Anpu likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

Anpu likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

[​IMG]

Earthworm
    Common bait with a bonus to catching fish in any water type.

Numa, Rentier, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  19. Toular

Toular Avatar

Constantin necklace is missing an entry. Just made one to see what the stats are: +1 Dexterity and +1 Intelligence.

FrostII and Rentier like this.
  20. Alley Oop

is there a way to a: limit search results to page title matches and b: sort them by title? i've made a list of all the patterns (i know of) that can be gotten from salvage from items gotten in-game (drop and quest, not crown, pledge, telethon...) but i don't want to ask you to make pages that already exist and i don't know if it's safe to assume that every pattern page that HAS made has been correctly categorized, but it probably IS safe to assume that they all start with "Pattern:"

(for instance, i see someone made a page for pattern: elven estoc, categorized it appropriately, and tied it to the weapon page, though it's throwing a warning about it)