Impression after 6 month breaks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Mar 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Heya everyone i took a 6 or 7 months off sota and just jumped back in game to dive back into it !!!

First of all i am having a blast as before playing and discovering back the game. Lots of things changes and i am still on to get through everything.

Now going through new dongeon and also old zone that have changed and everything looks awsome. Last night got through ulfheim and i had a blast running through zone :) changes of aome zone are awsome and way better.

Balancing may have hurt hard my build but i am working through it and see that this balancing process is a MUST here and feel great. More could be done tho with agro system and taunt. It is still hard for tank to keep agro event with taunt and also other using less agro skillz. If we can reach the agro system to be on point we will then have a good party system and role. It feels way better to feel like we need everyone in a party to heal, tank or dps but still need a little love.

Equipement and crafting are getting there. Still need a love for specialization to feel more worth gming.

Still problems with loot system but i know chris know this and team will work hard towards this.

I see a LOTS of new players and it feels great. I am now taking time to slowly enjoy every aspect of the game instead of always grinding xp and love it.

Dev your doing a great job and keep going i love it. Hope ep2 will launch big and with a revemp quest system and book because i feel it will go a long way to maintain players to Keep going and great polish / adition to the game.

Keep going and hopes everyone enjoy it as much as i do. We have gone a long way since 2013 lets keep it up!!

Bjorn Dyonisys

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome back!

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Yes, welcome back. It's nice to take a break and come back to good changes. Ulfheim is one of those scenes that were reworked and where you can appreciate the efforts the developers have put into the game to improve it. We can all appreciate the work done in newer scenes - so here is a *cheer* to the team to encourage them to continue creating more and varied scenes, including any reworked scenes.

Scooby Doo likes this.
  4. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Welcome back, I wouldn't call it Balancing. I would call it nerfing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Check out Tartrus, a fun dungeon.

5. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Interesting. I quit playing around same time ago. In Sept. of last yr. Semi started back up, but found myself doing the same 3 things I was doing before I left. My character is weaker too, which a free respec would be nice like in other games. Second time my toon has been nerfed. Anyway, if anyone has a link to new quests, or new areas my nerfed character can handle, I'd appreciate it. Ulfheim before I could barely do solo. reapers at least. The rest I could do fine That was there right? Tarter Sauce, can't solo besides one elf in the hallway etc (as of months ago). My character level is around 90 I think. Haven't looked in awhile. Would love to stick with the game, so any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Zone you can handle often depends on your gear and your build it is hard to tell you where to go without more informations :)
    My suggestion join a guild and enjoy group play. Your most welcome to join us if you want :)

Bjorn Dyonisys

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hmmm yes that is a good idea. Chris puts in a 100% unlearn when big things change, but that doesn't help people who aren't here at the time. Plus getting to respec after an absence brings down that barrier to return. If you're like me you never want to go back to the save game, it's better to start over. Or in MMO terms, remake the character with XP intact.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ya, the taunt skill still seems to lack, I have had people try to get agro off me in parties and it just dont happen, BUT really good physical dpsers can pull agro off me at least from the things they are hitting. If you can be a tank and use meteor shower, I think that might work better then the taunt skill.

Dyonisys, Anpu, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I remember being with my guild at the Obsidian forge. Everything was going fine till I cast meteor shower after which I must have aggroed most of the fire elementals in the area.

There must be something special about MS because most of my companions were several levels above me.

Mac2 likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back @Dyonisys . Yes true so much new to see since you have been away awhile. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is always good, except for the fact there is no way at all to tell what skill in game is currently set to 100% unlearning.

If you decide to do that however, I sure hope you pick the right one that is currently set to 100% unlearn. Good luck with that....

12. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

A high level fire mage as tank would probably work. These "tanks" can never pull aggro off me when my fire is up and burning. Course, dont know how armor would look for a fire mage since fire can have a high fizzle and if your looking to tank, you need armor with survivability.

Mac2 likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If your wearing the 2 wands or a staff, that should reduce the fizzle enough that you could prolly do plate without the gloves., dam gloves have SOOO much fizzle on them. And if your off by only a few % fizzle, there is the fizzle blessing town buff for -5%.

Violet Ronso and Dyonisys like this.
  14. Kharl

Kharl Avatar

Its probably been more like a year for me, as I really do not know when I left. I decided to start over again, to see how much has changed over the time. Unfortunately I got held up in a bug with conversations, so really could not progress. I will check back later on this, but right now it does not give me a good feeling for the game. But I will keep giving it a try.

15. Numa

Numa Avatar

Take a snapshot and submit a bug report - other people may be having the same problem and may be looking for answers too.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry that happened to you. Do you mind giving details? Hope to see you later then.

Oh yeah it is release time as mentioned. Usually we need a couple of patches as things are noticed. Hopefully you can stick around for that.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Today was unfortunate of a day to come back to the game. You might want to possibly try later tonight if a new patch is released.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  18. Kharl

Kharl Avatar

Oh, it has already been reported. It is the child in the burning building in Solace Bridge. You have to exit the game to stop the conversation as ESC dopes not work.

19. Kharl

Kharl Avatar

Yeah, looks like the new build fixed this issue. Back in game and moving forward again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.