Control point levels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nevyn Waldail, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Would it not make more sense to make the CP's varying tiers starting at a much lower level than they are now, that way people could enjoy them at a larger variety of levels.

Redhammer, Lazlo, Feeyo and 5 others like this.
  2. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

If this isn't complicated to do, now might be a really good time to adjust these levels:)

Redhammer likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There is other repeating wave like battles in other scenes. Like for example, the waves of Naughty Brats in East Sanctus Forest. These wave battles repeat until you leave the scene. These are a lower level than the wave battles in a Control Point.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Lord Aventine likes this.
  4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Ah the boring Control Points..
    This needs so much work to make it fun or worth it.

Wave after wave after wave after wave... Most boring thing I have ever experienced in a game.
    Implement some big boss spawn after completing a chain of waves from easy to harder mobs please!

What even would be a cool addition, add multiple control points in a scene. Give a raid of players the option to split into the multiple control points to fight the waves. If they survive all waves in all control points give us a huge boss spawn to tackle with the full raid!

Do not forget to give us some awesome loot for these kind of battles!
    Big chest drops with cool gear/weapons and so forth..

5. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Any others? I think I know the naughty brats one and will give it a try

I quite enjoyed the occasional UT or control point, the issue is now I can't really do any of them. its not all about xp grind for everyone.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I *believe* the Ulfheim gated areas are also unlimited waves as well (wave spawns, kill all creatures, then wait a few minutes for the wave battle to happen again). I also think the Grannus Colossus gated area battles also repeat as well.

I may go run in there and go check (unless somebody else knows).

Nevyn Waldail and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

The grind was moved from UT to ERG and now you are able to get more XP. UT should have been left as a place for lower level players to get their grind on at a reduced amount of XP.

Mhtic and Illiaro like this.
  8. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

But the grind there is usually only for players with 110 level or above. Again, novice players are left far behind. I used to be able to take my level 80 character into UT, and he would be able to contribute (not get kicked from the team).

A guildie suggested that double XP be limited to people under a certain level, say 100, so new players could catch up. I think that would be a terrific idea.

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The double exp is not an incentive to catch up, it is to have people play the game in this pandemic crisis (and honestly for my part I can say it worked, more guildie online, been seeing some old names pop up I had not seen in a while, and I have more hours in the past week & 1/2 than the previous 3 months.

As for lower level zones, I have shown guildie some nice spots, with decent gear, there are a couple rooms in Tartarus that can net you 3.5-4.5m exp per 50 minutes solo, there are other control points that are just as generous in exp, ERG is probably the most popular due to the abundance of undead, making most people not need to change their builds from UT. There is also the rise which can be done be weaker groups (bar the lich room), which gives decent exp as well. Honestly the zones are plenty, people are simply blinded by the masses, and the herd mentality, and all shift to ERG because that is where most people go. And honestly, the elitists who require 110+, and who get upset and kick you if you do 2 dps lower than their desired minimum, which ends up making them spend a whole 3 minutes more (for a total of 38 whole minutes :eek:) are simply that, elitists, and you should stay away from them, find another group, or join a guild who dont care. We bring low levels to any zone, who cares if we spend an extra 5 or 10 minutes to get our attenuation? It's a whopping 5m...

10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Wait... they've doubled XP AGAIN???

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Well, since 2 Friday's ago yes? We are running at what old vets would consider 4x exp compared to pre-launch, you missed the news? Becoming a thing in MMOs since the Corona lockdowns.

StarLord and Mishra like this.
  12. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Bump, I agree. after the
    5th wave a mini boss comes out,
    10th wave another mini boss,
    15th wave mini boss.
    20th wave Big boss battle.
    Once defeated Control Point, gives you Chest with Gold, Great Rewards, and XP, and then a 10 minute timer when you can do it again.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I still miss the chest rooms that opened up with completion of waves. Why not all group participant's grab a quest from a nearby NPC to start the waves and any others passing by cannot access chests and quest until the quest opens up again on the completion of the waves?

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.