Banish Undead balance or nerf you be the judge

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Oremanger, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

So, I been doing some testing on this in the zombie wave room and not doing the other zombie room. 1 alt in party with me doing nothing.
    Results from test #1, warlock chain, 2 vex wands, fire moon spec, no banish in the deck, just using flame arrows flame fists and one stone first. Used 4700 coin of regs, gained 47,000 worth in coin and items, took 45 minutes to attenuate

Test #2, warlock and 2 ankhs of sacrifice, fire moon spec, 4 flame arrows and one stone fist changed for 5 banish. used 23,000 coin in regs and gained 47500 worth in coin and items. did not attenuate as this was WAY slower but still did the same amount of rounds to keep that variable the same. Maybe it would not have been as bad with life spec, but I cant see that being worth THAT mush difference. I feel like this was garbage in comparison, costing more to be slower, no thank you.

test #3no warlock and vex wands, fire moon spec same dynamic setup as test #1. cost 1240 in regs, gain of 47000 coin not including 2 zombie belts I got this time and it took 55 minutes to attenuate.

test #4 will be no warlock and either hard maple or ashen wands. I feel like the test #1 setup is going to be the best though. I dont think I am going to do this test today as I really dont feel I need to, it will just slow me down a lot more and not save very much as I only spend 1240 on rags without warlock and only 4700 with warlock, I will pay the 3500 to save myself 10 minutes.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  2. Oremanger

Oremanger Avatar

So what is? Killing rabits with wands? Please enlighten me.

You are comparing apples to oranges!

@Tiina Onir said it well.

3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Honestly why vexyl don't have 400% reagent use? Following your thinking more is powerful more is costly. I do faster everything ( even undead ) with fire and vexyl than with banish and ankh ( life spec here ) but i spend much more time and money doing it with banish and
    Ankhs than with fire and vexyl.
    So this could work if it is applied for every item, so an archer with full bandit set should spend 400% of arrow and arrow should be more expensive, player with spear and puncture should spend something too, since most of the time their dmg is much more powerful than banish undead and can take down lich faster than a life mage.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Reagent use is just a bad way to balance items.

Wilfred and kaeshiva like this.
  5. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I've been a life mage since before the beginning of the game. The nerf to banish means that I'm nearly useless against undead with 270+ attunement, level 127 in banish and 200 intelligence. I couldn't do the zombie room at all with banish before. Now it's a joke. I used to get some business with the control point crowd, but doing a control point with 12 people last night was boring. Nobody needed healing. No spider boss lasted more than 10 seconds. I'm probably going to drop life spec to pick up fire like everyone else.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

HAHA! I dropped fire to switch to life. I guess I will do the same and go back to fire. :(

7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I think they overdid the last set of AoE nerfs.

I think boosting how some of the intrinsic abilities and attunement effect the power of AoE attacks might help counter the nerfs, while still forcing players to diversify their skills.

I think boosting the after-burn increase from fire intrinsics on all fire attacks including ring of fire would help balance the fire tree for the nerfed Ring of Fire. Similar things should be done with air stun effects and water slowing effects. Getting players more dependent on the status effects tied to their attacks might be beneficial to strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.