1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Crashing after patch

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by shypwreck, Apr 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

Well it Sunday (April 12 2020) and I log on, had to wait for the the latest patch to download. As I was walking around a player own town my game froze then crashed; for the rest of the entire day I logged on and crashed constantly. What is going on? Is there another patch to fix this issue? What do I need to do? Thank you.

2. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

Constantly crashes when I go near my home in Ordinis Mortis. As long as I stay in the outskirts where I port in from the outside I can still play.

HELP!

04/16/2020 21:00
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32703
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 7988
    SotA.Win.64.1173.Date.04.15.20
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Ordinis Mortis
    Area Display Name: Ordinis Mortis
    Loc: (149.7, 36.0, -156.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE9yZGluaXMgTW9ydGlzfCgxNDkuNjk4LCAzNi4wMDEsIC0xNTYuNjE5KXwoMCwgMC4zMjksIDAsIC0wLjk0NCl8LTE1Ljg0MDV8MTMuODk0Mzd8Mi45OTA0NTg=

3. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

One of my guild mates helped my solved the issue (or a work around). What fixed it for me was un-checking "Cull Interior Decorations and Aggressive Decoration Loading". I was finally able to walk freely around my POT and finally get into my home.
    I hope this helps other players after the latest patch. Thank you.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's a good find for a workaround! ...but if there's a specific decoration that's crashing you when it loads, you're still gonna crash if you get close enough to load it. maybe don't visit your friends' houses in the general area until the problem item is identified. you're not the only one this has been happening to and their first stab at fixing an item that was throwing exceptions in the log didn't solve it.

@Echondas @Astor Cerberus

5. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

None of these workarounds seem to work for me sadly, I can log in sometimes crashed on start up multiple times today. and lag has been going on for weeks, Its so bad after a few minutes im down to 1 FPS and can hardly even click to close the game. Whatever it is it lags out my whole system noticed while watching Twitch on top monitor that it lags when the game starts dropping FPS. I redid my whole system Bios,check clock speeds, updated all drivers, fresh installed the game, check network, firewalls, routers, bench marked my PC (top 3% for high end single GPU PC's on 3D mark) etc etc. nothing else other than Shroud is giving me issues, even turned everything to lowest settings possible. Its really the only game I want to play, especially since I just got a town and am trying to get ready for it.

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks! I will try! I already tried disabling Aggressive Decoration Loading previously to no avail ---- however - ALSO disabling 'Cull interior decorations' did the trick -- my CTD is now mitigated. They BOTH need to be disabled.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  7. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

The crashing to desktop is happening again. So back to square one. Does anyone have any work around? Any devs around?

8. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

Okay I selected "Depth of Field". Still a bit of stop and go; but able to get access into my (POT) home without crashing. So Hopefully this will help until the devs put in a patch.... Until next day...

9. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Turning both of those off helps but I still get crashes... it takes a little longer, or perhaps I get closer to the bugged item before it occurs.... My current theory is that the crash is happening when I get onto one of my lots that's very heavily deco'd. I'll confirm that.

@shypwreck - thanks for the heads up

@Alley Oop - I agree - it mitigates a little but it's not a fix. I can now do _some_ things in my POT, but cerain parts still crash it.... with a little luck I can use this 'fix' to more closely determine what is causing it.

@Echondas - Glad you're in a better place my friend. you may want to also try to roam around a little to see if you can find a way to get it to crash. That way you may be able to narrow it down to a lot, if not a deco.

@Ravalox - I know you guys can't repro my issue. Would you be able to try with Aggressive deco and interior culling enabled? If you haven't already that is.

Echondas likes this.
  10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Astor Cerberus I like the idea - like triangulating the issue... and sure enough.. I logged out in another spot in Rift's End -- and now I am 100% CTD again even with those settings Off. :(

Here's the Loc: Scene=POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's_End, pos=(2.348, 89.002, -4.122)

Code:
    Initialize engine version: 2018.4.19f1 (459f70f82ea4)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
        Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
        Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ID=0x1b81)
        Vendor:   
        VRAM:     8088 MB
        Driver:   26.21.14.4575
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in  0.193 seconds
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - Setting to default shader.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 18.846400 ms
    GameManagerSceneObject.Awake. 4/18/2020 2:15:54 PM
    SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, graphicsMemorySize=8088, graphicsDeviceType=Direct3D11, operatingSystem=Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit, processorCount=6, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz, systemMemorySize=32679
    SotA.Win.64.1173.Date.04.15.20, LocalTime=4/18/2020 2:15:54 PM, Patch=quiet-spring
    LanguageManager, Language=English, Culture=en-US, SystemCulture=en-US, Partner=None
    PreviousApplicationExit status=crash, Scene=POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's_End, pos=(2.348, 89.002, -4.122), PlayerName=ECHONDAS systemMemorySize=32679
    Pathfinding: Init
    Steam Initialized: True
    AI Behaviors Preloaded
    (Options Closed) Master volume: 92.16872
    (Options Closed) Music volume: 5.421668
    (Options Closed) SFX volume: 100
    (Options Closed) UI volume: 83.74838
    (Options Closed) Player Music volume: 6.024078
    (Options Closed) Video quality: Best
    (Options Closed) Brightness: 81.17645
    (Options Closed) Footsteps: ON
    (Options Closed) Attack ticks: ON
    (Options Closed) Radio filter: OFF
    (Options Closed) Mute Audio On Lost Focus: OFF
    (Options Closed) Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz (fullscreen)
    (Options Closed) Shadow distance: Maximum
    (Options Closed) Fullscreen: ON
    (Options Closed) Anitaliasing: ON
    (Options Closed) Invert Mouse Look: OFF
    (Options Closed) Invert Scroll Wheel: OFF
    (Options Closed) Profanity Filter: OFF
    (Options Closed) Mouse Look Sensitivity (Horizontal): 50
    (Options Closed) Mouse Look Sensitivity (Vertical): 50
    NetworkingPeer: Connecting to "38.140.214.157:5055"
    Network storage reset
    Network storage reset
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - Setting to default shader.
    Shader 'Particles/FXVille Blood World Lighting': fallback shader 'Paricles/Alpha Blended' not found
    Shader 'FX/ParticleLitBlended': fallback shader 'Particles/Additive' not found
    StateMachine (LoginManager): State (LoadCharacters): 0 : 581e34e6abb72205d8e451a3
    StateMachine (LoginManager): State (LoadCharacters): Found character: Echondas
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '') is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 294)

The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 195)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

Shader 'Particles/FXVille Blood World Lighting': fallback shader 'Paricles/Alpha Blended' not found
    Shader 'FX/ParticleLitBlended': fallback shader 'Particles/Additive' not found
    Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 45)

Unloading 35105 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 367276.
    Total: 1095.549600 ms (FindLiveObjects: 76.871400 ms CreateObjectMapping: 61.108800 ms MarkObjects: 914.030000 ms  DeleteObjects: 43.538800 ms)

IncomingMessages, Total=8, NumPlayers=1, SceneId=DemoStartupScene
    PersistenceService, Wait time of 2 seconds exceeded for call to Void <GetKnowledgeBase>b__0(). Rtt(variance): 54(7). Ms since last receive: 32. Stats elapsed: 0sec.
    Longest delta between Send: 0ms Dispatch: 0ms. Longest callback OnEv: 0=0ms OnResp: 0=0ms. Calls of Send: 0 Dispatch: 0.
    TotalPacketBytes: 0 TotalCommandBytes: 0 TotalPacketCount: 0 TotalCommandsInPackets: 0
    TotalPacketBytes: 0 TotalCommandBytes: 0 TotalPacketCount: 0 TotalCommandsInPackets: 0

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Knowledge: Loaded 7928 character flags, 4 user flags
    PushLevel: Added level POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End, spawnPoint:, hex:5087,5108
    AsyncLoadSequence begin. SceneToLoad: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End:
    2:17:37 PM: Loading Scene...
    2:17:38 PM: Level load loop started.
    Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 55)
    Pathfinding: Load UnLoaded
    UnloadTime: 14.336300 ms
    GameManagerSceneObject.Awake. 4/18/2020 2:17:39 PM
    NavMeshLoadTime SceneId=POT_island_metropolis_01_template , Time=0.2601318
    Pathfinding: Load Loaded
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Standard': fallback shader 'Nature/Terrain/Diffuse' not found
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Standard': dependency 'AddPassShader' shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Standard-AddPass' not found
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Standard': dependency 'BaseMapShader' shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Standard-Base' not found
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Standard': dependency 'BaseMapGenShader' shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Standard-BaseGen' not found
    <color=yellow>Ceto (1.1.1) Warning:</color> Can not query overlays clip mask if read/write is not enabled
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SotA\Lua
    Camera: CameraRig_Universal (CameraController)

Unloading 97014 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 293316.
    Total: 790.790800 ms (FindLiveObjects: 37.699200 ms CreateObjectMapping: 32.989000 ms MarkObjects: 624.430400 ms  DeleteObjects: 95.671800 ms)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 55)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 293316.
    Total: 733.530200 ms (FindLiveObjects: 20.092700 ms CreateObjectMapping: 16.653400 ms MarkObjects: 669.394200 ms  DeleteObjects: 27.389400 ms)

StaticBatching, SceneName=POT_island_metropolis_01_template, 111 root objects took 1143 milliseconds
    GC.Collect() took 0.1 seconds
    2:17:44 PM: Level loaded.
    2:17:44 PM: Scenario init completed. Scenario:Rift's End
    Checksum for POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End: 1033120025
    Network storage reset
    NetworkingPeer: Connecting to "38.140.214.157:5056"
    2:17:45 PM: Started NPC Spawn...
    GroupServer: OnStatusChanged:Connect
    GroupServer: OnStatusChanged:EncryptionEstablished
    SceneServer: OnStatusChanged:Connect
    SceneServer: OnStatusChanged:EncryptionEstablished
    Requesting social lists...
    PlotManager: Starting Initializing Plots
    PlotManager: Starting Initializing Player town plot
    2:17:45 PM: Equipping Avatars...
    BankArchetypePreload, Begin
    Receiving social lists...

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Chandelier1_Greathall_deco') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'FX') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (1)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (7)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (4)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (6)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (5)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (3)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (2)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (3)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (4)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (1)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (7)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (2)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Glow_Candle (6)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Flame_Candle (5)') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

Finished receiving social lists
    BankArchetypePreload, Completed. 1217 archetypes loaded.
    2:18:16 PM: Equipment load has exceeded 30 seconds!

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(70f6b5b1-4c3a-4ec4-8eef-59bfc1fc3a0e), elapsedSecs=1, ActivePlot=False
    PlotManager: Finished Initializing Player town plot
    Spawning local player at (2.348, 89.002, -4.122) using last known location. SnapToGround:True
    Local player equipment load time: 00 secs
    LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(e8014667-8818-40b1-9aa7-650064388693), elapsedSecs=0, ActivePlot=False
    2:18:19 PM: Equipment load complete. Loop Counter:302
    Shader 'Hidden/Internal-GUIRoundedRect': fallback shader 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClip' not found
    2:18:22 PM: Waiting for NPC Spawn
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/MouseLib
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/MouseLib.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/MouseLib
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/libMouseLib
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/libMouseLib.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/libMouseLib
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/MouseLib.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/libMouseLib.dll
    2:18:22 PM: Finished NPC Spawn
    2:18:22 PM: Hiding Loading Screen...
    TimeToLoadLevel, SceneName=POT_island_metropolis_01_template, TimeToFadeIn=45.5, PreloadTime=0.8, SceneIOLoadTime=1.0, SceneUnloadTime=0.9, SceneActivateTime=4.2, JoinTime=1.7, DecoLoadTime=34.0, AvatarLoadTime=0.0, FinalizeLoadTime=2.9, RelatedInfo, PrefabLoadTime=0.0, ResourceLoadTime=29.8, GameManager=0.8, JoinDownloadTime=0.8, VideoMemory=8088, SystemMemory=32679, FirstTime=True, UserId=5818cf1dabb72205d8e3f422
    LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(595ee7b3abb72505d08f331c), elapsedSecs=3, ActivePlot=True
    LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(58543ed6abb71217c8c6bfbf), elapsedSecs=0, ActivePlot=False
    2:18:23 PM: Fading in...
    LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(595ee7b3abb72505d08f331c), elapsedSecs=0, ActivePlot=True
    LoadInteractiveObjectStatesForPlot, LoadComplete for plotId(590d188eabb70905c0a490cd), elapsedSecs=0, ActivePlot=False
    The file 'none' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 214)

Crash!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  11. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

That's bittersweet - I'm glad that it's reproducible (albeit a little better). Sad for anyone that' still getting crashes though :(

Echondas likes this.
  12. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Since the Silver Serpent Wand thing get 'fixed', this is the one error I get every crash.
    Not sure if that's just a generic crash or not though.

13. shypwreck

shypwreck Avatar

Constantly crashing back to desk top after patch ...76! Unable to get to my POT lot. Stuck. I can still hang around the world map and the outskirts of my POT, still stop and go. I really could use some help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.