OCX Tools

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

from in game, type /datafolder

not quite. still working on it.

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @King Robert

If you have installed SotA in the usual place you can click on the "Go" menu when in Finder and then click on "Go to Folder". When this window opens type in and hit return:
    ~/.config/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Lua

If you want to get to chatLogs, DiscardedMail, Lua, or Sheet Music just type this in and hit return:
    ~/.config/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/

The problem with finding this folder is because the folder is hidden in your Home folder and then in Library (which is a hidden folder). It is also in a folder that starts with a "." (.config) which is also a hidden folder. If you have Mac specific questions please keep my Forum and IGG name handy (Warrior B'Patrick) and message me. I will answer the question of find the answer.

PS I am an Apple Certified Technician, Retired

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Hello everyone. I've just released OCX Tools 1.3.1.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XCMRLXZAgeVnZztaPtHO25_MNuRtDe_I

There is a video of using it here:

This contains a few bug fixes and UI enhancements:
    * reset on the XP window now resets the producer xp
    * the DPS window will now show 12 rows
    * the font sizes have been increased slightly on several of the windows

But the big change this time was Mac support. You can now use everything (except timers) on a Mac. It's all diven via the keyboard, since the reason it wasn't on Mac before is because buttons didn't work and so the toolbar didn't work.

To learn all the keyboard commands, click the link in the lua window you see when the game first loads. The keyboard commands also work on Windows.

One thing i did notice on the Mac installer is that if i used the finder gui to unzip it, it flattened everything into the same directory. You will need to go to the terminal and run the unzip cmomand to get everything into the proper location. You should have the ocx-tools.lua file in the Lua directory, and a subdirectory named ocx:

[​IMG]

Inside of the ocx directory, you have a few files and a few subdirectories:

[​IMG]

FrostII, Rinaldi, Glepo and 2 others like this.
  4. palingard

palingard Avatar

Great tool!

FrostII and Feldon Grimshaw like this.
  5. Caligula2

Caligula2 Avatar

Love this script and the directions it has been moving! Great work!

Any future suggestions/bug reports, please are only to help, not to criticize at all.

Thing to add:
    Pet damage?

Crafting xp per item?
    Iron ingot: 100
    Iron ingot (exp): 500

So I can see how much I am getting from making different things

Thanks again!

FrostII likes this.
  6. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Already done. Will be in the next release (probably this weekend)!

i don't have this specifically, but you can achieve it by resetting the xp window (and/or daily window) then doing your craft, then resetting, doing your other craft.

also under consideration are # of exceptionals/fails while crafting, # of meticulous chances while mining/harvesting, avg% of tier 2 items (like tin or nickel), etc.

7. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Gia2 likes this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I don't believe that the skill 'Sap' is being monitored by your Attack Detail window... not sure where else if so! :) Loving the mod btw!

EDIT: Seems the Sap skill is not even showing damage in the logfile, so that is likely why. So, not your fault! Perhaps @Elgarion can assist to get the stuff showing damage for Sap and perhaps others that aren't showing in the logfile....??

EDIT 2: Gah, seems I'm dumb and didn't realize SAP does no damage lol.. so nvm!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Feldon Grimshaw likes this.
  9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Thank you to @Feldon Grimshaw for the OSX-Tools. This is my first use of LUA in SotA (so many acronyms) and I am looking forward to using it. I just wanted to post for all Mac users the command to extract the file in the correct place and in correct order. The procedures and command to do this is below in very simple instructions. For you advanced Mac/Terminal users the command is:

Cd to Folder you downloaded file to
    unzip zipfile.zip -d ./other-directory

1. Download the updated file (ocx-tools-1.3.2) to your computer. Open the folder where the download is and leave it open (usually Downloads or Desktop Folder in your Home Directory).
    2. Go to the Go Menu at the top of the screen while in Finder and then select “Go to Folder…” and type in “~/.config/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/“. In the window that opens there is a LUA folder. Leave it open also.
    3. Open the Terminal App (In the Utilities folder in the Applications folder).
    4 Type this into Terminal “unzip “ “-d”.
    5. Drag the OCX download file icon to the space between “unzip ” and “-d ” then drag the LUA folder icon to the space after “-d”. Press Return. This way you don't have to know any special commands like what to do when you want a SPACE in a path statement to a file or folder.

[​IMG]

When done it should look something like this except where mine says “user” yours will be the name of your home folder.

unzip /Users/user/Downloads/ocx-tools-1.3.2.zip -d /Users/user/.config/Portalarium/Shroud\ of\ the\ Avatar/Lua

Also keep in mind that to activate OCX you hold down these keys “Control” and “Shift” on the left side of keyboard and then hit “F12”. If your computer adjust the sound when you do this you have to hold the “fn” key down also. This is because the functions keys are dual use and “F12” is usually the sound adjust key as well as “F12”. Look at the other Functions keys and they should show you what the other actions are as well. After I started the OCX-Tools in my SotA window the only thing I noticed was the word Timer that showed up on my hud in SotA. All other windows from OCX-Tools have to opened by typing in the chat box for things like "!setscale 2" to make type bigger or by pressing keys like CTRL + Shift + X for the XP window. For a list of commands go to this web site

ocx-instructions

I know I repeated a lot of things that Feldon Grimshaw said and I know putting sort of complicated instructions in simple to understand words takes more space but I do apologize for the wall of text.

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings again @Feldon Grimshaw

I would like to recommend a couple of things to add if possible.

1. I do not like the way skills are tracked in the HUD. Could you add a window that would allow us to have an icon for a active glyph or Innate Skill (like Heavy Lifter) that would list Skill level and EXP needed to level? Individual Icons would be great but would probably take up more memory.
    2. When repositioning a window after first opening it can the movement speed be increased? It takes time to move it from left side to right side of screen if my res is 1920x1080.
    3. On the Mac or at least on mine when I start OCX-Tools I only get a small "Timers" indicator. Is there any other window/indicator that could be used as the default on Mac?

[​IMG]

If there is anything I can do to help you test this on Mac please let me know. I have not created any LUA scripts but I am a Mac Tech so can understand how things work or not. Thanks again for your effort on this.

11. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

Some good feedback. Thanks!

Sure. I originally had it move 1 pixel at a time, and it was smooth and ... it took forever. so i increased to 2. faster, but still slow-ish. i could make it higher (and thus faster), but we'd lose how precise we can place the window. I'll play around with 4 pixels per move and see how it behaves.

Good catch. On windows, the first time you run, you get the toolbar showing up, but on mac, the toolbar doesn't work because it's all a bunch of buttons (except for the one label: Timers). That's why i had to make a separate logic branch for mac, with all the keybindings. I'll open up the xp or daily windows (or maybe both) instead, if you're on a mac.

I don't mind adding images (except that they don't work on Mac.. :)

also, i know there are people who have spreadsheets and charts that list xp to next level, but i'm not sure where to get those formulas. if you know where that data lives, i could bring it into the project...

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Yes I rethought the image suggestion. First off I though maybe try a jpg instead of a png but them I thought of how many skills there were and wondered why I would suggest adding 100s of images , even small ones, to the distribution.

As for the breakdown of exp needed for each level the only things I could find was a post by @Sir Leonard that was last updated March 5th 2018. His post is here:
    Experience Tables

and if you look at the Adventure and Producer Levels (Tab 4 at bottom) you will see how much is needed for each level.
    SkillExp Google Doc

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Feldon Grimshaw
    I've been using your OCX tools (mostly the xp counter) since the end of last year without any issues.
    Today I log'd in and noticed my chat log was spamming the following non-stop: "(Lua): Lua Error chunk_1:(1,85177-85218): pattern too complex"
    I'm playing on patch 1227, and suspect the problem is with something Chris did - but wanted you to be aware and maybe have a look. ;)

14. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

oh my ... ok, i'll take a look. thanks for the heaads up.

Echondas and FrostII like this.
  15. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i am not seeing it. it could have been afluke. i'll add some protections in that bit of the code. are you still seeing it, or was it a one time thing? @Frostil

16. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

Brilliant thank you Feldon

17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Feldon Grimshaw
    It's now 4:49pm CST, Fri 5th - it's still happening (hasn't stopped actually).
    See ss below:

[​IMG]

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Feldon Grimshaw
    Below is another part of LUA error that showed up a bit later:
    [​IMG]

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hi! Love this script, but I might have found a bug... the magic resistance window seems to calculate things a bit wrong. It works for normal attunement calculations, but I think the problem lies with the Magic Warding skill in the Tactics tree. It appears to apply negatives in the window rather than positive values as I level it up. See screenshot, I also have the Amalgamate script running to show comparisons on Magic Resistance values. I'm also using Death Warding and Fire Warding skills which modifies resistance as well FWIW.

https://paste.pics/9C6PW

It does work normally for a character that isn't using Magic Warding.

Feldon Grimshaw likes this.
  20. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

FrostII and Browncoat Jayson like this.