The excess xp and current 10x quest exp has trivialized 95% of the game content.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OzzyOsbourne, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Let's remember that Adventurer level us simply a measure to your experience, and that levels are exponentially pricier, so 1-100 is cheaper to get than 100 to 110. These players only got an influx of experience, they still need to use it, and they still need to learn, that aspect hasn't changed.

Your arguments are not for the fact that content got trivialized, your arguments are for the fact that you are jealous that some got this while others didnt. You know what? I am too, I am jealous because I used both, same as you, when the quests got an "overhaul"that would make them cleaner. That doesn't stop me from stepping back and realizing that this can be good for new users and people who like to adventure.

My guild has either finally started their quests, or done their quest reset, almost all together. They run the quests together, and are hunting zones to find new quests they never did. This makes for some brand new things the guild do, and they are having a blast. I can only participate by hinting new quests or helping them with solutions if they are blocked, so I am royally shafted, but at least I know that for 95% of my guild this is a superb update, and I can still benefit from the dailies...

Try to think about the rest of the player base, not only about yourself, and maybe you will see the good!

Scooby Doo likes this.
  2. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

We are thinking about the rest of the player base, If these people make 1-100 in a week what the hell is left? And yes I put out some unfairness again, because as a veteran player we keep getting punished. Can look at it from whatever angle you want. Sure, I am glad that new people get to gain some skills. But I had 10-20 people join game, get over adv 100, place houses in my town, and have not been back since.

Sure I am in here complaining about me. @Chris and co. could have given everyone a reset. But they did not. I also was trying to help the OP, but since you need to reply to my post, to make it look better for the company then so be it. But do not get it twisted they made the choices and continue to make these choices daily.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Drilikath
    I understand you thought process on it being unfair for some to get 10 exp and others miss out on it. Do you also get upset when you miss a sale in the COTO store and demand them reopen it for you? I would agree with you if there were 2 players playing at the same time and one got 10 exp for the quest they did and another did not get it. But time separates this issues. Many things change during the development of the game. I am actually not able to play thousands of hours so should I complain and get lots of free exp for not playing? What about all the people who have EP2 access and others don't? Should all payers be given access when a new feature is released? I would ask @Chris to allow you to respond if you want to and then lock the OP. It does not seem to be going anywhere.

If this game is a competition for you maybe you need to find a FPS and count kills. I enjoy the game, I am not speaking up for Port or blindingly drinking the cool-aid. I am enjoying the game and understanding that things change during the life of a game.

4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Most people buy cotos and sell them. Its pay to win but I dont care about that. I would rather players buy cotos and fund the game than buy gold from other players through RMT. I dont care about pay to win. But the concept still holds true. This whole 10x crafting exp WILL push players to go out and do this because they "finaly" need to because of the exp stimulus. This concept is hilarious and is pretty much mimicking real world banking strategies. GJ Chris.

5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Nah, you are having fun like me. Props!

6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

This is truly why the forums is usually so one-sided. You struck a nerve and are sooooo right about this. Im done posting in these forums. This is my last post. They have successfully drained my optimism for this game.

Drilikath likes this.
  7. oplek

oplek Avatar

People can declare that this game is non-competitive, but for humans and many animals, competitiveness is automatic once they're placed into the same room. It'd be foolish to think that psychology wouldn't at least seep into this game as well. That's why, in a sense, the housing is pay-2-win, because as a central core feature of the game, where people will be competitive, it's is the only practical way to win. And that's not even getting into the financial-benefiting tax-free deeds, commission-free vendors, indestructible tools, and performance enhancing (*cough* I mean artificial-inconvenience-solving) potions in the cash shop. I would rather they have stuck with B2P, and made their funding by selling a lot of copies because they made a fun game.

But more on topic, I can completely understand the frustration of spending hundreds on a tax-free property, only to have property taxes cut in half a month later. Or spending 500k+ gold on tickets to try to get a deed, only to have them handed out like candy later. Or having worked my ass off to achieve AL 85, only to have new players have it handed to them on a silver platter.

The game teaches you not to play, because you can advance further - easier - by not.

Quitting because newer players have it easier, is neither valid nor invalid. Nor is quitting because the game is/is-not too grindy. People can quit because there's too many vowels. Judging people on why they quit isn't useful, so much as deciding whether the vowel-hating demographic is worth the resources to cater to. And deciding which demographics will be lost in that triage.

Unfortunately, veterans are often in that triage list.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

I just wish they'd figure out what it is they're trying to be, instead of this waffling indecisiveness, that has this game fishtailing all over the road. Maybe then, they could start building up a consistent audience, and let those who the game is not for, finally move on.

9. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

If people are missing all the cool zones because they are levelling up too fast and quite frankly there are too many lvl 2-4's perhaps they could just lvl up a number of them to tier 6-9's.

There are some spectacular zones out there that no one ever visits.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

True. There is a dearth of true tier 6-8 zones. I mean, there are a few designated as such, but the tier numbers are assigned pretty haphazardly. I'm bored out of my skull in 5's, but everything over 5 wrecks me.

Anpu, Cordelayne and Chatele like this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

well from I am reading here, I think Shroud needs to make every zone worth adventuring in and worth a revisit... each zone should be unique and all have quests in them.... all have fun things to find as you venture in those zones. Make it so not 1 thing drops the same , so it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get :) Put in the zones something for everyone.... etc that's where right now they need to be working on. WE have enough fluff for now... now fix the zones, make them fun. I don't know about you, but I play games to have fun, and I want a kick arse Archer, cause that's what I prefer to play, where I actually kick arse. This is a game not real life. We play fantasy games etc to escape and take a break from real life.... OH while I am at it.... I really think the chars are ugly and combat is boring, the skills that is..... jmho...

12. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

There is a problem. One side complains that it is possible to level from 0 to 100 in a week. It is possible, with a lot of help. Someone has to be willing to drag you to Tartarus or a control point and let you just stand there. Then there is the other side who's skills are over 150 and don't let people into a control point unless they are over level 120 and do enough DPS. We can have the old-timers continue to own the game and play alone, or we can bring people into the game in a way that has a vision for what the game should be.

I play one of my alts, he's level 83. He's been in the game since it opened. I don't take him to control points, I don't grind XP on him. In other words I don't use the exploits that mess up the game so. I have to say that I have more fun playing him then those people who don't leave the XP mills.

13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Exactly that's why I left the game for now.... every time Chris swings the nerf bat and at the same time he nerfs us, the mobs get freaking harder and harder … When I move forward, I get set backwards... doing the same ole zones over and over because I can not tackle the mobs with my Archer.... we get weaker while the mobs get tougher... I don't want to have to GROUP CHRIS in order to kill what I used to be able too... I play solo, that is my prefer play style.... You need to be able to balance PVP separately from PVE … It can be done...

Brent S and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

It's not hard to do. Remember all the crap kitchenware we loot? How about putting things out, like the gold and silver goblets to pick up. A nice surprise in a scene that makes it worth investigating. It really doesn't have to be much. Put some wonder back into the game instead of being just an XP grind.

Cordelayne and Violet Ronso like this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Same. Been back a little, to earn some gold and keep my rent paid. I'd be happy to have a few tier 6-8 spots I could solo and get maybe a quarter of the xp I could get doing a control point in a group with some okayish loot.

Anpu, Cordelayne and Violet Ronso like this.
  16. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Ive been playing for 2 years and have 5 alts and my highest is maybe AL90. You are beyond most of the zones by AL50. I did make a point of playing through every zone in level order and some/majority of them are amazing just too low a level.

IT would be an easy fix just to boost the levels on those, at the same time they could vary the CP levels as well so everyone can practice them at lower levels as well.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  17. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

with 10x quest xp, just finishing the 3 starter zones is 30m give or take. Solo no help needed = ADV 85. You can say one sided, I do not buy it sorry.

29,970,632, Adv 1-85 Experience needed

18. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Ive just done that with my last alt have finished all three starter zones and its closer to 3 million than 30. you do get anopther 5 million roughly from each main quest line so thats another 15m.

19. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Then you didn't do all of it, i did it with a new character had 5m per when finished and the other side quests etc was 30m on my own when said and done on all of it.

don't forget you get Adventure AND Producer also....

20. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

There is NO Way in game where you can make 500m exp in one day.. At best you can make 215m exp Adventuring IF you played constantly at a control point for 24 hours with NO breaks AND no bathroom visits... Your math does NOT add up at all.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.