let Inky be tied to actions like Banker and trainer are?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Warrior B'Patrick, May 2, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Now that Inky is working how about adding actions so that a choice in the dialog will trigger an action. Like the Vendors and Skill trainers conversation about advanced deck capabilities and then the option to train skills.

Ex
    Vendor - Welcome to " XX Sales" how can I help you?
    1. Tell me about the quest for the gold
    2. Rumors
    3. Buy/Sell - triggers vendor list

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Im not certain the Inky implementation was ever considered to be used for any purpose other than to display simple text. Including world interactivity or remembering a choice or allowing secret keywords.

@Chris might want to confirm the next step of the custom dialogue implementation if there is one planned.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @craftymethod
    Yeah I don't remember what was planned for future integration of Inky. I know LUA was to be released in stages as to what it could interact with. It would be nice though if we could get that world interaction access or just be able to add inky to NPCs we already have like the Vendors.

4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

It would be interesting to be able to place a customisable NPC and its triggers selectable from all dialogue triggers for all npc's, (unsure this is even possible but who knows) that would mean defining the NPC's title name and role in society after placement. That would allow smaller towns where you might want a few npc roles into one character, or highly customisable npc's in general where the local banking merchant might be a foremen at the Docks etc.

Will Customisable NPC's replace pre made NPC's (and their pre set dialogue etc) completely?

With this and other threads similar, I hope we at least give them some interesting things to think about :)

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Does inky allow the scripted talking npc to work if the person who creates it is not signed in?

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

They had better... not necessarily for banking or vendoring, but ...

Player dungeons are utterly pointless if they're just replicating adventure zones. But less. And all underground. And with everyone using the same "tile sets".

Player Quests was the only potential for Player Dungeons to have any value. In order for Player Quests to happen, at an utter-bare-most minimum, needed to have some kind of integration into the player dungeon.. as in, events in the dungeon can alter the state/tree of the NPC, and the NPC dialog tree can alter the state, or trigger events, in the dungeon.

Otherwise, they may as well be (expensive) glorified sign posts. But that'd be par for the course.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Yes! they increased the lot npc count recently aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.