Solutions to Puzzles & Treasure Hunts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rinaldi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

So. I went and grabbed two crystals, placed them and then went back to one of the location, set a timer and waited 10 minutes (and as I type this I am still waiting and timer is still counting) and nothing has respawned ao I don't what I am doing wrong vs what you did. One thing I notice is that looking in my inventory, they first two crystals are still showing but they are red and I can't do anything with them and when I look into the first two placement locations, the crystals are there and those power positions rotate like they are suppose to so I am clueless what to do at this point. I hate this puzzle..... @Elgarion maybe you can look into this puzzle and see if its broken???? maybe????

2. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I think the devs fixed this approach because its not possible now..

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If items show up as red in your inventory, that means a de sync happened between the client and server. You then need to log out and log back in.

4. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

So. this is happening literally every single time but ONLY in this buff puzzle and ONLY to those 2 crystals. when I place said crytals, they turn red in my inventory literally EVERY single time and then no new ones spawn and I can't do anything else. Because this is so very specific to the puzzle and scene, I am very much leaning to a bug or something with this specifically @Elgarion I don't suppose you could be a life saver and look into this for me????? please???? as a one time fire/moon and now currently fire/sun specced mage, this buffs is very important to me and it would be great if I could actually GET it.. :) thanks...

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you make a bug report?

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, please put on the bug forums so the right people see it. Much appreciated :)

Anpu likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Bunker C (nested inside Northwest Blackblade Mountains)
    Spoilers: Coded Notes & Opening the door with the wheel combination

First, go to the Far Hinterlands. Just inside the South exit, there a doe that you can speak to. The doe gives you a quest and tells you the combination of the door (which is NTS)

[​IMG]

Go the Northwest Blackblade Mountains (see map below) and enter the underground caves (entrance is at the red dot).
    [​IMG]

After you enter the caves, follow the railroad tracks down two levels (go right and down, then left, then right and down), and the entrance to Bunker C will be on the right side of the room.
    In Bunker C, the first door that you encounter is the wheel-combination door shown below. The orange, grey, and brown arrowheads in the 12 0'clock position above the wheels (in the blue circle below) indicate that the correct combination must be in line with these arrows.
    [​IMG]

The combination to this door is NTS in the English alphabet, but the characters on the wheels are in runic. So, use a cipher (such as this one) to translate the English characters to runic.
    [​IMG]
    Set the combination (by clicking on each wheel: brown, grey, & yellow) to get the runic combination shown below, and then the door will roll open. [note: you have to be very close to the wheels to be able to turn them].
    [​IMG]

Bunker C contains some coded notes. For more details on these coded notes see this post (includes info on notes found in Bunker C and other zones, and how to translate them).

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  8. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Lamech's Bazaar

Easy - Blessing of Agility? +30 Dex -10 Str

Hard - Blessing of Agility, Greater +45 Dex -10 Str

Extreme - Blessing of Avoidance +20 Dex +10 Avoidance

There's a normal mode as well. Didn't try it yet

9. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Are there any spoilers on how to get the Bunker C Jelly? Me and a pig can survive everything in there but I can't figure out what to do unless there is a way to lower the lava or swim under it.
    thanks
    vj

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think it just drops randomly from a slime.

11. lordarach

lordarach Avatar

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's not actually a different location, you're just standing a foot or so off from where rinaldi was when he took his /loc.

13. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I know this is an old thread but I can confirm it does not spawn sometimes.
    After doing this 4 or so times there are 2 or 3 places it spawns. But my attempt last week after 45 mins of searching those places I couldn't find the earth orb.
    Left and reentered zone and found it right away.
    vj

14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Blessing of Elemental Tolerance
    Zone: Outlaws' Run

Clear all waves of creatures in one of the mysterious groves (the red circles on the map show the location of the mysterious groves). The wave battle will spawn in one of the 3 groves. So, if creatures do not spawn when you arrive in a grove, go to another grove. The first wave consists of mushrooms. If the next wave does not spawn, look around the edge of the grove for a small mushroom or slime that could be hiding in the bushes. The final wave consists of reapers and possibly a druid.
    When you finish killing the final wave, check any leaf piles at the edge of the grove for additional loot (if the leaf piles are still empty, wait in the Grove for about 4 to 5 minutes, and one last repear or driud will spawn; kill this final creature and then check the leaf piles again). Then, immediately go to the mysterious cave (yellow circle on map, at location -128, 37, -226). Enter the cave and get the 3-day buff by walking into the blue aura. If you wait too long after clearing the last wave of creatures, the blessing aura will disappear.

Additional features in the cave:
    1) a few quartz nodes
    2) 3 notes - While in the cave, look for 3 notes that allude to the lore of this zone (you can copy the runic from the notes, and paste it into windows notepad, and it will automatically translate the notes).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RE: Maze puzzle in Outlaws run
    see my post below

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Birko, Wilfred, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  15. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Just curious, is just getting into the maze the puzzle? I keep trying those outlaw stones on that arrow thing, every way I can think of(even setting the 2 other arrow things at the other entrances to different positions)... I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is a case of just keep trying the same thing and eventually, based on a random number generator, it will work. The fact that the stones gets used up and you have to go find another seems to suggest the latter. It is frustrating in part because this zone is one of the few areas in the new lands where I can survive for any reasonable length of time.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you figured out the puzzle using the stone though? Or is that possibly not working?

Hermetic likes this.
  17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Getting through the hedge maze and into the Outlaws' Lair
    In Outlaws Run

I will edit this post and include more details soon, but for now, this should help!

The goal of this puzzle is to get through the hedge maze and into the Outlaw's Lair.
    If you use the Outlaws stone, you can get through the maze faster.

Here is a map of the maze that includes the locations of the arrows.

There are 3 main areas to the hedge maze:
    1. The "North" area - this area is associated with the maze's north entrance (Miloslava is at the North entrance) and contains 3 metallic "rotating arrows" mounted on a vertical post. This area also contains the entrance to the Outlaw's Hideout (i.e. once you solve the maze puzzle, the entrance to the Lair will be opened in this part of the maze).
    2. The "West" area - this area is associated with the maze's west entrance and contains 1 metallic rotating arrow mounted on a vertical post.
    3. The "East" area - this area is associated with the maze's east entrance and contains 1 metallic rotating arrow mounted on a vertical post.
    Below each metallic rotating arrow, there are some stones on the ground. Some of the stones can moved (by clicking on them).
    I use the term "arrow complex" to refer to each metallic rotating arrow and to the stones below it.
    When you click the stones on the ground, the intent is to arrange them so 11 stones form an arrow on the ground (some of the stones are movable, while others are not movable).

One of the arrow complexes has some stones that are blue; this arrow complex is only used to solve the maze when using the Outlaws Stone.
    Four of the arrow complexes have stones that are not blue (I'll call these non-blue arrow complexes); these complexes are used to solve the maze without the outlaw's stone.

As each arrow complex is completed, it moves certain walls in the hedge maze.

To open the path to the Outlaw's Lair, go to a metallic arrow, then click the stones on the ground so that the stones form an arrow on the ground (it requires 11 stones to complete the arrow). When the stone-arrow has been completed, click the metallic arrow, which will spin so that it points the same direction as the stone-arrow on the ground. If you do not complete this process correctly (e.g. you missed moving a stone and did not complete formation of the stone arrow), then you will be teleported outside the maze, and will have to start the process again. If you complete the process correctly, you will not be teleported, and you can go to the next arrow. Do this process for all 4 non-blue arrow complexes, and the path to the Outlaws Lair will open in North area of the maze. I am not sure if a specific order is required, but the following order worked for me:
    1) North area - arrow complex in the northeast part
    2) North area - arrow complex in the east part
    3) East Area arrow complex
    4) West Area arrow complex.

In the north area of the maze, find the Arrow complex that has some blue stones. Click the stones so that they form an arrow (10 of the 11 stones are already on the ground). After you have all 10 stones in the correct position, click the concave impression in the ground at the tip of the arrow, this will place the Outlaws stone on the ground and complete the 11 stone arrow. Then click the metallic arrow, which will rotate. This will open the way to the Outlaw's Lair.

On the left side of the picture below, I show one of the stones that must be moved (red circle), but it may be missed because it blends in so well with the background. On the right side of the picture, the 10 stones (each marked with a green dot) are in the correct position. When the 10 stones on the ground are in the position shown below, then click the spot shown by the purple arrow to place the outlaws stone. This will complete the 11 stone arrow. Then, click the metallic arrow to open the way to the Outlaws lair.
    [​IMG]

To get the Outlaws stone, you need to get a quest about Miloslava from one of the NPCs at the waystation. Then talk to Miloslava at the North entrance of the maze and ask her about "stone". She should give you an Outlaw's Stone. After you use the outlaws stone, you can talk to Miloslava again, say "stone", and she will give you another Outlaws stone.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    Adam Crow, Hermetic and Anpu like this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Is there a puzzle to open the gate in Despair? Or is it not complicated enough to warrant a post here? (Never done it myself.)

19. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

@Cora Cuz'avich
    There are several gates/doors in despair that require a trigger to open. These triggers may not seem like puzzles per se, but it certainly would be helpful to list them in this thread.

When you get to the plateau where the gate is, face the gate, then run to the left until you fall off a cliff into some water. At one end of the water, there is a spider nest. You have to kill all of the spider waves (the final wave includes a warp spider). Killing the final wave of spiders will open the gate. Swim back into the water and click on the vine to get back up the cliff. Then run back to the door. If you wait too long after you kill the final spider wave, the door will close...so run up there pronto!

Once you open the outer gate, the first part of the inner realm is waves of undead. You have to kill all of the boss liches (I think there are 4), and this will allow you to pass through the magical barrier to the next area of despair.

There is also a "secret" area that is inside the inner realm of despair. Entry into this area requires you to answer a question about a numerical sequence, which is asked by an NPC (damaged Automaton) in a very dark, inconspicuous, and easily-missed alcove. An example of one of the questions is shown below.

If you do not know the missing number in the sequence, search the unknown part of the sequence on-line. These sequences are usually well documented on many websites.

I am not completely sure about this part: If you get the answer incorrect, you may not be able to enter the passage until the automaton conversation resets. But you may as well try again just in case!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Automaton is essentially asking what the "numeral not found" is supposed to be in the
    sequence 15, 7, ?, 1.

There are many ways to get the answer. Here is one method. The sequence follows this equation: subtract one, then divide by two to get the next number in the sequence. So:
    Sequence start =
    (15-1)/2 = 7
    (7-1)/2 = 3
    (3-1)/2 = 1

So the answer is 3.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Anpu, Time Lord and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Time Lord likes this.