50 in Magic warding, also having 90 Earth attunement, resulting in 0.9 Earth resist.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Gustach, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

I recently decided to try these "Magic warding" skill. Well I raised it to 50. Wrote "/stats" in chat, and see for my surprise that it says this:
    EarthResistance: 0,9

When having 90,2 in earth attunement at the same moment.

How can this be? I thougth the result would be 50 + (90/2) --> 95.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I wonder, what is your gear, and are you sure your Earth Attunement is CURRENTLY showing 90.2, or was the 90.2 the state it was at with the spells and innates you trained up?

I.E. if you are wearing 2 thunder branches, your Earth Attunement will go down by 100 per branch, resulting in -200 Attunement. Because otherwise, if there is nothing else involved, and you currently have 90.2 Earth attunment + Magic warding at 50, you should, yes, have 95 Resistance.

3. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

I checked "/stats" and my attunement 3 times and yes: resistance is 0,9 and attunement is 90,2. Having that skill at 50.
    The other earthy starts are these ones:
    EarthEffectiveness: 1
    EarthDamage: 1
    EarthAttunement: 90,2
    StrOfEarthPower: 1,23
    EarthResistance: 0,9
    SummonElementalEarthPower: 95
    EarthMastery: 0,01

It seems very strange to me.

By the way my currently equipment consist in a full plate set, halberd and jewlery with earth attunement all of it.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ok maybe the /stats does not give you the right attunement? How about in your skill tree (K)? When you look at the magic section, there is the icon of someone meditating and clicking on it will show you your current attunement towards the school, does it still show you 90?

5. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

In the skill tree, also says 90,2. :(

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Check MagicResist for how much resist you get from Magic Warding.

7. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

It is 50.

It seems that EarthResistance doesnt take into account that value, but if that is true, the sum would be: 0.9 + 50. Still not being 95.

I have read forum posts about resistances, but still dont get it. Maybe there is no error in the game, but for sure there is something wrong in the "/stats" output.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You said in your original post that the skill is at 50. 5 skill gives you 50 MagicResist. EarthResist is a separate value from MagicResist and they get added together (and half of your attunement) in the combat math. I don't know where you were getting the "95"number from.

9. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

Humm, well i get the 95 from 2 factors:
    1) 50 MagicResistance (as logged by "/stats")
    2) 90,2 att (logged by "/stats" and shown in skill tree) / 2 = 45 resist from att.

Then, even having that 50 points of resistance out of "EarthResistance" stat, how it is stating a value of 0.9 if I have 90,2 of Earth attunement at that moment?

The only thing that would make sense is that the resistance obtained by half of attunement, it is not taken into account in the value of "EarthResistance" stat.

But then, why does a EarthResistance stat even exists? If it doesnt take into account 2 sources of Earth resistance.

What made me wrote this post was a try to see what are my resistances. There is a way of consulting the FINAL stat of magic resistances? If so, I would like to know how.

Thank you for your responses.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I already told you that it's separate. Half of your attunement is added to your resistance score in the combat math.
    There are earth resist item stats and an earth resist skill in the air tree. Other skill trees have more resist skills, like air, fire and water.

They keep these values separate because it would be too complicated, fragile and prone to bugs otherwise.

11. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

Ok, I think I take it, thank you. (After several years of playing this game.)

In my opinion it will be very good for players (new and veteran) to be able to consult the EFFECTIVE AND FINAL stats of their characters. I assume this basic thing cant be done at the moment.

Not understanding something its the main reason of giving it up.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree. I think they should add stats like EarthResistTotal or EffectiveEarthResist or sumesuch.

Anpu and Vaiden Luro like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Geez, I'm now more confused on resists than ever.

I wondered if its a format issue, where the /stats list might present the earth percentage in its decimal, instead of percentage, format for some reason. Meaning that 90.2% is the same as 0.902. Dunno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.