@Chris - Dispare is always empty - Is there something you can do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Odyssey2002, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2002

Odyssey2002 Avatar

I was wanting to go to a different area and despair came to mind but when I asked guild members and others they said it was not worth going there! The effort versus reward is what they were talking about. Its really too bad because I cannot survive their by my self ( I tried ) and finding a group is not easy.

Is there something you can do to make people WANT to go there ? Like maybe a Mine in there that has more crafting xp node. Like 5k XP nodes ? Or something to encourage groups to go there? Seems like a lot of work for nothing if no one goes there!

Ps: I guess there are a few spots like this now, like UT for instance seems to be empty most of the time.

2. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

The turbo zombie menace did it for me, never got further than that as a solo player - real shame. If we could have scaling mobs to the number of players in an instance / power level that would be good but turbo zombies seemed to be a band aid to fix something which broke more than it resolved.

3. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

That focus-hungry turbo-zombies should dissapear from everywhere. Or at least get a revision, I cant imagine a reason to bother in killing them.

Prada, Schulz, Tirrag and 3 others like this.
  4. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

or make it worth the effort of killing them. Give me a reason to WANT to be there. Loot as a whole is abysmal.

Fenris

Drya, Ragnarr Lodbrok, Prada and 2 others like this.
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I thought loot was supposed to get improved at some point.

Prada and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It was! You're just confusing "improved" with "good."

Gravidy, Prada, Gorthyn and 5 others like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I'm going to take a pass at Despair this release. Beautiful dungeon with meh mobs and nada loot. I will fix those two things and make it worth a trip.

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Pls don't make it less complicated, maybe making it's even harder is a good choice. Just put some unique arts to drop there (I think it was supposed but was not implemented)

9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Despair seems very discombobulated to me as in the themes don't seem to match. Just feels like a bunch of different types of enemies all in one spot to make something that is really difficult.

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think Despair would be a good place to have some sort of quest, or at least some additional lore. There's lots of room at the entrance bay for an NPC, and that could help a lot with providing some information about how to progress in the dungeon. For someone just trial and error exploring, it's very unclear what you're supposed to do to get through different sections.

11. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

In my opinion Despair is the only Dungeon in SotA that comes close to a Multi Boss Raid like in Lord of the Rings online (from where parts of my guild came from).
    The "Rift of Nurz Ghashu" with the Balrog as final boss still is the perfect raid for me.

Despair has a very cool map with a few "wings", some Boss Mobs, things you have to do to advance. I liked it when it was implemented.

Of course there are things that i would like to be changed: the neverending Zombie spawn, with Focus drain, makes tanking very difficult. Yes, i know all the
    ways to regain Focus :). There are next to no places where a group can pause a bit. Before and after the Dragon Room you have to keep running and killing (as far as i we found out).
    And, as mentioned, the xp and loot is severely lacking. No incentive to go there.

I am dreaming of ID's for Bosses in Despair where you can kill every Boss only once per week. After killing the Boss you get a Loot Chest where you find at least
    1 item worth the time you put in. Loot gets better the further you progress. And a end boss with nice combat mechanics.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  12. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

We need better loot all the way around.. Im still just getting corpse wax from killing the ghost scorpion over in Wyrmsands. Players are in need of receiving a good feeling of an accomplishment with a rewarding feeling. I think after 3 years of killing it I did get a ring of death off of it.
    But you have got to boost this game up with some good hunting vibes for us veterans that have been sticking around through thick and thin. It seems like when we find an area with some fun of gaining xp or a new skill comes out it gets taken away. I cant talk dev talk and tech talk, So i will talk plain talk.

I did enjoy the last XP gains, it was great! I have been enjoying the Bard Tree on an Alt and with Animal Taming. I have been having so much fun with this build .. Please stop taking our fun away. We need fun and loot! Micro managing becomes oppressive after a while, and I am noticing more and more players young and old are not playing as much, even during this Lockdown period we all have experienced. My active friends list grows shorter and shorter.. We need Fun in PvE . I have also noticed more PvP players are not logging in as well.

I'm not one to tell another person in their expertise how to run their business. I am concerned @Chris ... Please start focusing on your players. This LUA stuff is going to be the death of this game, too much time into something that is not attracting new players to the game and players in the game that do not understand it or care about it.

All of the towns should have already been moved into Mistrendur by now. Your a small team and we get that, but when a bigger project is needing completed quickly, you should be there with Sannio and take it on full force until its completed. Now all the hype of the new lands is dead. We are dragging a dead horse around and then we will have to revive it and lead it to water.

I'm just a plain ole Viking playing in a dead town now nearly. Where is Everyone? Where is everyone on Lockdown? Where is the FUN? Where is the excitement? Where is Lord British? Darkstarr? You have to understand Livestreaming does reach the base and get them to log in and find the game. But its not retaining players and keeping their attention.

LUA isnt keeping players attention.. We Need Fun! We need better and new loot. We need more friends! We need our community back we had! Micro management of specific areas and things need to be lessened.

Let these player have fun! So what if I get one shotted in PvP With a arrow for 2500 points.. So what if a fire mages ring of fire last for "too long" eventually listening to these people complain about every qualm your trying to appease will end up killing this game totally and making it so damn hard and boring no one will have anything to do with it.... Because where is the FUN? !!!

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Bigg, Sulaene Moon, marthos and 8 others like this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I went there a lot to kill dragons - especially before the purple ancient dragons vanished - but then you needed to kill the warp spider and waves of liches every time you wanted to kill dragons... so... nope.

Fetid SirDidy and FrostII like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't really think that's gonna happen. (To be fair, somebody does need to go through all the bosses people have forgotten about like the ghost corpion and bump their loot up to be on par with "current" bosses.) The problem is the game doesn't really have good loot to give us. The only way they can fix loot is by adding some new category of stuff we would really want. There have been lots of suggestions, but they've either not been interested or haven't had the manpower to implement them.

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  15. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

The game needs Level Scaling.

16. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I totally agree! Spatulas and rusty pots and pans and wooden bowls.. ect... @Chris How much longer do we have to keep receiving this? It's been years now! Something new and fresh worth it's while is in need.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    FrostII, Cordelayne and Gustach like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I actually like that, but it's still not good loot.

Well, let me rephrase that. When they announced adding deco items to loot, I thought it was a cool idea. I like decoing, and making it a bit easier to get some of those items you saw around the world was good. I didn't think it made the loot much better, though. However, my assumption, was that items would drop once in a while, and not nearly as frequently as they do.

18. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

This was kinda my point in my earlier post about developing an extended Catnip "staff" of people delivering content. There's no way Chris's team can keep up with delivering static content that will satisfy EVERYONE. Levelers are gonna level. So be it. That's not gonna change. Neither is the fact that there is (and always will be) a gap of skill levels in the player base.

However, spontaneous and/or scheduled events that give out unique items/loot could drive both engagement and enjoyment from the player base. The vision for how the game is played needs to change along with the reality of what can be delivered.

It seems to me that more energy down this path would (aside from Episode 2 work) enable the small Catnip team to focus on things that have a higher value (in players' minds) for the build time expended. IMHO i'd much rather have the chance to receive a unique event item than get another string of half thought out/half finished skills.

Fenris

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think for some content, this makes sense; like quest areas. However, making everything scale with your level would render progress worthless. ESO is a good example of that.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think stuff in ESO only stays with you to the level cap. Once you start earning CPs, you actually start to feel like you're improving. Not saying that's a good system, just how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.