1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67060] Stone Soup

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Bedawyn, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

05/15/2020 11:32
    Title: Stone Soup
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No

Details: Here you go, @Sannio. The NPC Minerva in Aerie is making stone soup to feed the poor. She asks you to bring her four ingredients. However, she has no associated journal entry or tasks in the list. She gives you a small reward item for each ingredient you bring her but does not appear to give any XP. I haven't managed one of the ingredients yet, so it's possible that she's not counting me as having completed the whole thing. However, the dialogue implies that I've completed it, since I got the most valuable of requested ingredients (they're all described as optional). (Note that I missed that one ingredient because I mis-remembered what it was, something that a journal entry would have prevented.)

Since people always need to be fed, and the NPC says this is her daily volunteer work, this would be a good option for a repeatable quest. It doesn't appear to be at the moment, although again, since I still haven't brought her carrots, perhaps I'm not really seeing its final state. I don't see anyone making an effort to do this quest daily, but it would be a good repeatable for folk who find themselves with business in Aerie anyway.

The rewards for the quest, except for the lack of XP, seem quite reasonable. The ingredients are all common and it doesn't take much effort to get them -- but it will take time, unless you're willing to steal from the merchants in plain sight of the Oracle or if you're a high-enough level player that you blithely wave your hand at bank slots and encumbrance. I don't think most of us carry veggies around as a matter of course, unless we just picked them up and haven't dropped them off at home yet. So while they're easy to get, it does cost you either some virtue (from stealing to get them in Aerie) or some inconvenience (in loading screens and laggy travel or scrolls). As a low-level player, I had plenty of the desired ingredients back home, but wasn't going to waste valuable scrolls on fetching them. This was a wise decision, as the two scrolls to get there and back would have cost more than the soup she gives me in return is worth.

On the other hand, now I know she's there, if it's repeatable, it would be really easy to just bring the ingredients with me next time I visit Aerie. So maybe repeatable but with a lesser reward after the first time? The food she gives out is consumable, so repeating that reward is fine. The book... as a book collector, I'd be happy to get multiple copies of it as a repeated reward, but I'm not sure how happy the less bibliophile among us would be.

Despite knowing that no actual cats were harmed in the making, Cat Gut Goulash remains my least favorite food. So in an ideal world, she'd give us actual Stone Soup instead of goulash. A new food? Whose recipe can only be gotten from her? Just a thought.

Steps to Reproduce: Speak to Minerva at the border between the Town Square and the Southern Quarter.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1205.Date.05.13.20
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (33.9, 26.4, 19.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDMzLjg2NiwgMjYuMzU1LCAxOS43NjEpfCgwLCAwLjYwNiwgMCwgMC43OTYpfDc0LjcyOTk5fDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Bedawyn , thanks for all the info! I'll check on it when I get he chance. Issue #67060

Bedawyn likes this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Are there quests like this that reward (unseen) principle of love points instead of visible skill points?

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

There are a large number of quests that give positive or negative Love, Truth, and/or Courage virtue points behind the scenes. Most of them aren't obvious, but a few are. Often, when you have a conversation choice in a quest, you're probably going to to change a virtue score with one of those choices. Sometimes the choice will have a hint like a choice with "[Lie]" in it will probably give you negative Truth while the opposing choice will give you a positive virtue change.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is now working in build 1284. Received new Journal Entry, Task and mouse over tip:

[​IMG]

I was able to complete the quest. Journal Entry, Task and Marker all cleared correctly. Thank you!

[8:28 AM] Anpu: onion
    [8:28 AM] Minerva: Do you have any onions for my stone soup?
    [8:28 AM] You gave an item (Onion) to Minerva.
    [8:28 AM] You received an item (Iolo's Cat Gut Goulash) from Minerva.
    [8:28 AM] Minerva: Oh, thank you! This will go perfectly in my stone soup! Here, have a bowl to try for yourself.

[8:28 AM] Anpu: potato
    [8:28 AM] Minerva: Do you have a potato for my stone soup?
    [8:29 AM] You gave an item (Potato) to Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] You received an item (Iolo's Cat Gut Goulash) from Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] Minerva: Oh, thank you! This will go perfectly in my stone soup! Here, have a bowl to try for yourself.

[8:29 AM] Anpu: carrot
    [8:29 AM] Minerva: Do you have any carrots for my stone soup?
    [8:29 AM] You gave an item (Carrot) to Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] You received an item (Iolo's Cat Gut Goulash) from Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] Minerva: Oh, thank you! This will go perfectly in my stone soup! Here, have a bowl to try for yourself.

[8:29 AM] Anpu: mutton
    [8:29 AM] Minerva: I just need one more thing for my stone soup. Something special! Do you have anything we can use for my stone soup?
    [8:29 AM] You gave an item (Mutton Meat) to Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] You received an item (Stone Soup) from Minerva.
    [8:29 AM] Minerva: Goodness me! I have always wanted to try mutton in my Stone Soup! I heard it really compliments the flavor. Thank you so much! Please, let me give you a gift in return.

[8:29 AM] Minerva was so happy that I brought her some mutton for her stone soup, she gave me a gift in return. A book titled "Stone Soup."
    [8:30 AM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [8:30 AM] Minerva: Aye. Stop by again if you would like some more soup.

09/21/2020 08:30
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (36.6, 26.4, 22.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDM2LjYyOCwgMjYuMzUzLCAyMi4xNzMpfCgwLCAwLjk4NCwgMCwgLTAuMTc3KXwxOTUuODgzMXwyNy41MTIxMnw5Ljk0MTY0NA==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.