Player Owned Towns Directory (Active)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elgarion, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

added -- thanks for the submission! :)

2. Malek Zandor

Malek Zandor Avatar

Since R-58 there is a new town open for residents. you can find Hammaburg at same location where Salisbury Plains was before.
    Hammaburg is not designed as a shopping town, more as a town to live in and interact with others.
    Hammaburg contains actual the main city Hammaburg and a small Viking-Village called Norstead.

If you are living in this world as a viking and are searching for a place to live contact @Jay Nord .
    He will show your Norstead, the viking-owned living-area located in Hammaburg.

If you want to live in a medival looking town contact @Malek Zandor to claim your land with a house on it fitting to our ideas.

For all others that want to live more outside on the hills, in the woods we will find a solution for your future home i'm sure.

Hope to see you soon in town.
    Malek Zandor

Hammaburg Heraldry:

[​IMG]

Aeryk, StarLord and Sonja like this.
  3. Elgarion

Added -- thanks for providing the entry :) Be sure to make a main discussion thread forum post here as well, so folks can aske questions about your town etc. Once you make that thread, let me know and I'll add the link to your town's description in the directory.

4. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Town Name: The Clockworks
    Town Description: This is a free and open market town. Show up, claim a row lot anywhere, and sell your goodies. There will be a backstory about it soon. The theme is generally Steampunk and will decorate more in that direction over time.

Features of note:
    1) Clocks!!!!
    2) Very close to the Cross-Continent Galleon in Mistrendur
    3) Complete set of Expert Crafting Stations +5 available to the public at the entrance
    4) Interesting Town Links (Soltown, Festival, the ominous Crematorium...)
    5) "Fair Launch"

To explain "Fair Launch", I have not teamed up with any other in-game merchants, guilds, or otherwise manipulated the "top spots" to place in any way. So right now as of this posting, the only claimed lot is for the crafting stations in front. So, if you come and get a spot now, you might get that dream spot you've been hoping for.

To explain open and free, this is a small, self-managed community. People will come in, people will leave, and people can claim any open space. No need to contact me, just hop right in. The reservations won't be changed and the residents won't be "kicked out" for sitting vendors, be reorganized, or follow any particular housing covenant. New players might want to consider The Clockworks as a good first home as it has a pretty good location, a link to Soltown, and has the typical desired player owned town features.

Enjoy your Capital Connections at the Clockworks!

Sincerely,

Engineer

[​IMG]

5. Elgarion

Added, but I had to trim a bit. Trying to keep the directory listings to around 800 characters, single paragraph (see examples in original post). For fancy stuff like you've posted, please create a main thread for your town, then we can link that thread in your directory listing. There, they can see all the screenshots and write-ups you can muster :) If you'd like for me to change up what I've summarized from what you've provided, please provide a single paragraph description that's around 800 characters or so. Also, I used the default Hospitaller heraldry, but if you end up with your own, just post here and I'll swap it out as well.

Thanks for the post Engineer -- glad to have you in the directory :)

Datendrache likes this.
  6. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Town Name: The Crematorium
    Town Description: Located in the Southern Island of Mistrendur at the edge of the dark forest. It is a very specialized Player Owned Town that all players are invited to visit and participate in.
    Town Link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rematorium-adventure-pot.163879/#post-1290742

Features:

Conversationalists explore concepts from the Ultima and other Richard Garriott works in relation to Shroud of the Avatar (https://ultimacodex.com/) While not trying to replace or change canon, it raises questions about the SotA Universe (i.e., Who is the Oracle? What magic is contained in the Shards? Are there characters that haven't yet been introduced?) and hints at possible answers.

Sonja and Anpu like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@Elgarion Dara Brae is now in Mistrendur. I updated the text below for you to use:

Dara Bare is a with influences from Arthurian Legends, Medieval Celtic Lore, and Ultima. There is a self-guided tour about Dara Brae with pages on the ground for you to follow. We have a Druid grove, Dragon bone archeology dig site, and home of the first Yew Tree in all of New Britannia. Kamakura is our Shogun themed area that a few settlers from the Perennial Coast started. Teleporters to Brittany, Owl's Head, Ardoris, and dungeons. We are located off of the coast in Mistrendur second POT from the main entrance boat. || Map of Dara Brae || Contact @Duke Gréagóir

[​IMG]

Thank you.

Sonja likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Added and updated, thanks guys :)

Anpu and Datendrache like this.
  9. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Image:
    Hospitaller for now please

Town Name:
    Fallin' Green

Town Description:
    Fallin' Green is a small shipyard town, dedicated to craftsmanship and mutual support. Sequanna is guiding the town, and Merrywhistle Keep overlooks the town from the cliff above. We belong to the great city of Ardoris, find us directly at its default entrance. The LAMP guild has its temple in the town, and several Bear members settled here too.
    Settlers of all kind, crafters and farmers with their shops are very welcome! Also open for guild enquiries.

Forum Link:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...fallin-green-is-looking-for-residents.112919/

Map Link:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map//?map_id=180&poi_id=2826&openPopup=true&z=5

Contacts:
    @Chirp or mail 'Tarin Merrywhistle' in game. Discord at https://discord.gg/KcAN3U3

Anpu and Sonja like this.
  10. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

and the second ..

Image:
    also Hospitaller for now please

Town Name:
    Far Green

Town Description:
    Located at the west coast of the middle Mistrendur island, Far Green is an expedition outpost and a foothold in the new lands. It has a direct connection to its sister town of Fallin' Green near Ardoris.
    Village-sized, Far Green is built on a small island near a recently discovered barbarian tribe. There is plenty of space to build your own home or farm to your desire. The outpost is in active construction - please inquire if you have any special requests.

Forum Link:
    none yet

Map Link:
    Location 075 in Mistrendur

Contacts:
    @Chirp or mail 'Tarin Merrywhistle' in game. Discord at https://discord.gg/KcAN3U3

Sonja likes this.
  11. Elgarion

Added and added! Also, the outside discord link, please just put that in your main forum post for Far Green. When you make that post, let me know, and I'll udpate your entry to have a link to it ;) Thanks for adding your towns!

Chirp likes this.
  12. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Town Name: Ironhall (RP POT)

Town Description: The Kingdom of Ironhall is an ancient land North West of Norgard. It is the seat of the O'mara Family who has been reigning over these lands for centuries inside the Ironhall Fortress. It is the Most North Westerly military port in Novia and can be found West of Skrekk. Within Ironhall you will also find the town of Laketown, a rich farmland home to the Knights of Ironhall.

Map: Kingdom of Ironhall

Discord

[​IMG]

Aeryk, Chirp and Anpu like this.
  13. Elgarion

Added :) Thanks for the submission! I also put a link in to your main thread about the town. I don't put outside links (such as to Discord) in the summary listings, but they can get more info such as that when visiting the "More Information" link.

Thoryk Omara likes this.
  14. necronut

necronut Avatar

[​IMG]
    Haven Ridge
    In southeastern Novia's Perennial Coast region, located in the Whiteguard Foothills, the Metropolis, Haven Ridge, exists to acclimate new and returning players to Shroud of the Avatar. A highly active population with many amenities for residents.
    More Information || Map Location || Community Guilded Server || Contact @Leucian aka Governor Leucian DeMorte in game.​

15. Elgarion

Posted, thanks! A very nice entry :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.