1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Avatar’s Update #385: Armor Durability Changes! New Ability: Provoking Shout!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

This week’s update spotlights some significant changes to Armor Durability! Durability Multiplier is a new stat introduced to differentiate armor durability damage between the armor types. Also, Provoking Shout is a new ability in the Heavy Armor skill tree which greatly increases the aggro tanks generate during combat. For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:

News Announcements

Community Updates

2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Net, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Did you guys talk about any new water spells? I asked about it but had to get off to care for the kids! I'm sure it had to be on your list of things to talk about, right? :p

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Lord Aventine likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

@Anpu

Yes, thanks.

I am encouraged that the devs are still focusing so much on tweaking basic armor stats ad infinitum instead of talking about Episode 2 progress in our updates.

I'm also encouraged that the list you pointed me to presents two bullets of game updates out of the 27 bullets listed. I really appreciate that progress!

P.S. Notice too the excitement this topic generated in the community today. You are rocking it being reply number...4?… after 6 hours? That's awesome!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Honestly, I think there should be Tick-Tock style updates during the EP2 development process. One monthly cycle should focus on tuning the base game, while focusing on bug fixes and player feedback on EP2, the next should focus on only bug fixes to EP1 content while primarily focusing on EP2 additions, then the whole process should repeat.

This alternating method will insure EP2 is nice and polished when it comes out by providing a polishing pass for the whole game between each addition of major content.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.