Subscription "Exclusive" Rewards and Titles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mikal Raine, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

I have been subscribing for 24 months now. We were told (it is still in the web link) that we would get a new title every 3 months. The last one was at month 18.

Second issue is the "Exclusive Rewards"; how are they "exclusive" if everyone can buy them from the crown store?

Scooby Doo, Datendrache, CICI and 2 others like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to SOTA!

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The only exclusive items in the rewards program are the titles. However, you also get the best price on crowns, plus potions and dyes.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=77345&open=1765

Sole and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Don't mean to be a downer to whomever came up with these, but they mostly mean the exact same thing. I mean, I kept my vow, my promise, my pledge, my word, my faith, my oath... Although whatever Flame has to do with it I don't know.

Do they connect back to one of the books or in-game literature that I might have missed or just glazed over, or maybe dialog in an in-game quest? If they don't, then I don't get it.

I was hoping that the two-year mark would break the monotony of these and even checked when my subscription processed so I could see what new title I had, and ... TBH, I couldn't tell what the new one was. They actually are one aspect of the game that, despite my usual OCD nature, I really don't find these interesting at all. They don't appear to have an order of progression, in importance or otherwise.

Why these "Keeper" titles instead of Badass PvP titles (like "Death Knight") or spiritual "Ascended One" or keep with the Virtues ("Shepard", "Spellbinder", "Healer") or even the Ultima classes ("Paladin", "Fighter", etc.) My suggestions would have been that these feel meaningful, even collectible in a series of titles that actually improve the perception that others have of the player.

Sincerely,

Engineer, "Professor of Arcane Knowledge", "Cinematic Visionary", "Royal Gardener", "Trophy Room Decorator", "Governor", "Royal Founder", "Pioneer"...

5. Browncoat Jayson

As much as I want these titles, I do NOT want them tied to monetary outlay. Honestly, the ones from pledges being locked away is already horribly inconvenient.

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Just an FYI, the subscription reward bundle’s are a logon reward for the subscription.
    So if you don’t logon with that account for a month you won’t receive the subscription reward bundle. You will receive the coto’s and potions.

Sole, Ravenscar and CICI like this.
  7. CICI

CICI Avatar

yep that's lame we pay for the sub =D

MelloSteg and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

It’s more about supporting Catnip than getting rewards.

Next month’s title: Keepers of the bacon.

Smegatron, AoiBlue and MelloSteg like this.
  9. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

Ok... now go to the home page of SoTA and look at the banner that takes you to that screen. It explicitly states "Exclusive Rewards + Best Crown Price".

Titles ≠ Rewards.

10. Browncoat Jayson

If you didn't bother to read the subscription you purchased and relied entirely on an ad banner, I can't feel sorry for you. I'm out.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

This made me chuckle.

Here is Darkstarr's original post he made on these boards. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...program-update-and-release-66-rewards.155621/
    Notice the part where he writes "Exclusive Monthly Reward Items (~ 3 per month)"?

There is this new thing called truth in advertising. There is no * to indicate fine print. It specifically states exclusive. But, whatever, I'm sure you are perfectly fine with other purchases not being what was advertised as well.

Just so this does not degrade in to a back and forth that derails the conversation, I will leave this here for you peruse at your leisure.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising#:~:text=When consumers see or hear,appropriate, backed by scientific evidence.

*Edit* Added Darkstarr's post and quote.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    CICI and Aksarben like this.
  12. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Honestly only some of the items in the bundles are exclusive to the program. Sometimes they will be available in vault edition or heritage edition in the future.

I think they should mark them with a special prized "Subscriber's Edition" in the future to get them improved. All versions in the crown store should be "Vault Edition" and marked "No Trade -- Heritage" to reduce devaluation of the Subscriber rewards while still providing crown store availability.

I would additionally make the Monthly Login Rewards granted to everyone "Subscriber's Edition" for subscribers (which is tradable) and "Login Reward Edition" (No Trade) for non-subscribers. Additionally Noble tier backers should get a tradable "Noble Edition" version and tradable "Supporter's Edition" for Supporters.

This is a good way to provide more benefit for Subscribers, supporters and Nobles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.