1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Premature Compass Marker (Solania Book Quest)

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by Bedawyn, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

06/12/2020 23:51
    Title: Premature Compass Marker (Solania Book Quest)
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No

Details: A sparkly blue compass marker for the Solania Catacombs exit to find the book appears as soon as one enters the Ardoris Sewers. This spoils the player both for the fact that there IS an exit to the Solania Catacombs in the Sewers (telling you exactly where the secret exit is before you've discovered it) and for the location of the book. When running into this, I had the book quest but was only on the first stage of it, speaking to the woman at Solania Mercantile, and not yet at the point where I should know that she's lost possession of the book.

Steps to Reproduce: Explore the Ardoris Sewers.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1233.Date.06.11.20
    Area: Ardoris Sewers
    Area Display Name: Ardoris Sewers
    Loc: (-103.9, 4.8, 94.7)
    Debug: QXJkb3JpcyBTZXdlcnN8fCgtMTAzLjg1NCwgNC43OTEsIDk0LjcxOSl8KDAsIDAuMDYxLCAwLCAtMC45OTgpfDM1My41MjI5fDI5LjM3OTkxfDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The marker appears on the far exit because of our automatic "breadcrumb" system. This system correlates your current tasks and the scenes that relate to them and adds compass markers to guide you to the next scene. Although unfortunately sometimes spoilerrific as in your case, it's an intentional design that I can't override.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Understood as far as revealing the location of the secret passageway; that's a shame but it is what it is. However, for the second spoiler -- in this case, my "next scene" WASN'T Solania Catacombs, because I don't have a task to go there yet. I only have a task to go to Solania Mercantile, not to the Catacombs.

Alley Oop likes this.