Crafting in New World and Crafting in Sota

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

Can I have your stuff? for Free =D

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

yes for free after you make a hefty donation ofcource :). (Smh one of this richest people in the game looking for hand outs) haha Just kidding, mr magic mike.

Boris Mondragon and Sulaene Moon like this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Exactly why I haven't been playing.... no fun, exploring is boring etc.... really hope SoTa can figure out how to make adventuring and combat fun.... Was hoping EP. 2 would be better and WAY different, but so far from I have been hearing, seems like it's the same ole same ole… Every now and then I log into the forums hoping to see some news on the new Ep.2 that will be totally diff. from the old lands with new creatures only seen in the new lands, and fun combat etc, but nope... ah well I have been playing LoTr ftp lately, Keeps me busy with endless quest and adventures, with totally FUN Classes to play. I love my Hunter in that game, she is all that a hunter should be.... If my Hunter was like that in SoTa I would be a Happy camper, and if the combat was fun and rewarding.... ah well, nuf said.... Still waiting for this game to actually be fun to play....

4. amarious

amarious Avatar

Seeing so many of you signing up for beta has made me finally decide to sign up as well. Have been following New World since the announcement.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yeah ESO does have a ton of content but their housing misses the mark. Where as Sota has much potential still. It just tells us that there is not a whole picture built into sota or ESO. Many more quests and achievement system built in and yes Sota still needs so much so who knows. Content is not total king but it helps if the rest of the game is interesting too.

Boris Mondragon, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

They pre-ordered the game already :p

Boris Mondragon and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Not at all.

Haukeye likes this.
  8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Try Chronicles of Spellborn, its old but story, questing is pretty fun. And the game is not easy. No hand holding nonsense.

9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Chris might stream it. He said at one time he was going to co-stream other games, maybe he was waiting for this one. lol

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The video on the making of Chronicles of Spellborn is really interesting. It had a sad story imo. I'm always sad for games to struggle like that. Another game that did Was Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Anyway I thought Chronicles of Spellborn died. I'm sure the making of Sota would be an interesting story if all the truths be known ;).

Feeyo likes this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I forgot about that, hows it going with the cross promotions been several months since I’ve tuned into the fri sota streams.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t recall that happening yet. Probably still on the to do list....

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a lot of stuff in ESO that I don't like and yes, there's a lot of potential in SotA but, like I said, there's nothing to do... except grind and that gets pretty tiresome.

If they hired a writer (or two) and churned out regular content then that would go a long way.

14. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Fully agree. I am in the exact same boat. I log in, 5 minutes later log off as there is nothing to do in Sota. It is sad as I have always liked Sota.

Barugon likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specifically would you like to see that would make you stay then?

16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

1) Story content, quests, better quest system.
    2) Group content.
    3) Better crafting system.

Well you know the standard stuff that has been promised for some time :)

Boris Mondragon and Nyros like this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

Got to mix it up all the time to have things to do =D PVE/PVP/Trading/crafting/Deco/Fishing/Player Events/others I may be missing lol Sure most of it needs to be overhaul...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; I just have a few more things to add here since you asked; I will do it in a neat orderly military manner since I have been "Playing War" for 45 years.

1) A reason to grind. Give someone the GM powers to take over an NPC town via siege with full access to drop whatever mobs on it for siege, capture and control. You have players given that ability as well. Let the rest of us fight for the city with normal loot on the mobs to make it worthwhile financially as well as morally. OOps , seems this new game we are talking about read about this old suggestion of mine and agreed it would actually be fun. So was the battle of Aerie back in October 2018.

2) How about a warship that actually sails and fights. How about it can be used to drop some cannon fire on a town under siege. Maybe too complicated right? probably not but unfortunately not on their radar nor to do list anytime soon.

3) @Feeyo hit the mark with what he said as well as @Barugon and many others. I stopped listening to the streams, log on for just a bit and will sell all my stuff cheap soon. This stopped being fun a long time ago when good stories, good RP , good PVP with a meaning and a purpose died.. This pirate is tired of trying to keep their ship from hitting the rocks and will just sail his own course.

R/Boris/El Pirata

19. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

What will be sad is when all the ships sail off on their own course in the direction away from Sota and then it will be too late to turn them around.

I, for one, was hoping SOTA was to be my first and only and my last game to play in this life time. I am still hoping but getting quite worried my hopes my not come to pass.

20. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

signed up for Beta on New World. Will see how it goes

King Robert and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.