Any Plans on joining GeforceNOW?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Breezy, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breezy

Breezy Avatar

Hello!

Since I started using Geforce Now I've been going back and revisiting games that I couldn't really play before. I'm just curious. Are there any plans for SotA to be added the the games that can be played using it? Thanks :D

Scooby Doo likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One question I have about GeForce Now is does it rely at all on your computer specs? If my PC struggles to play a specific game, would it run it better with GeForce Now if my bandwidth is more than enough? I'm really confused about it and it isn't the first time I've heard about it.

3. Breezy

Breezy Avatar

I'm not super tech savvy, but that's how I understand it. I have an old gaming PC and I can run most games, but I like using GFN because my games run better, have slower loading times and I can run on higher graphic settings. We have great internet and I never have problems.

Some other pros: We also able play PC games on a crappy tablet and save space on my main PC since I don't have to download anything.

Scooby Doo and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I love the GeForce experience app. It would be cool to see Sota listed.

Scooby Doo likes this.
  5. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

That's exactly how it works. The game is installed on Nvidia servers and streamed to your device. I tested it playing Destiny 2, fast paced FPS, and it was fine, there was a low delay, but i think it won't be noticable in game like SOTA.

Scooby Doo and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Im pretty sure cross platform was one of big reasons to go with Unity in the first place. Streaming services seems complimentary for use on smaller devices and would help with all the item loading stuff.
    the sky's the limit when you also consider LUA and small screens.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Wow nice, I was always on the edge about it, but now you guys have convinced me. I stopped buying single player PC games because I prefer playing multiplayer games when I can, but now I could buy some and play them on the go or stuff like that? Sweet! Yeah SOTA should get into this, might make it a more enjoyable experience for many.

Scooby Doo likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's also appropriate for anyone playing from a PC that doesn't have the horsepower for demanding games. I would say that most people don't have gaming rigs.

Scooby Doo and craftymethod like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.