Player owned towns now avail on the store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Didn’t hear they were re releasing these, however some key information that is missing I’m wondering if anyone knows.
    1. Overworld access or nested
    2. Novia or new lands

2. CICI

CICI Avatar

Overworld and epi 1 lands

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Wow huge back track and policy change for them as a seed investor I want them to make money as a original town purchaser m disappointed so I guess I’m neutral on it :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Net likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

I assume it is because a lot of towns moved to the new continent and there might be some towns that are merging...

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I updated the info at the top of the page to offer clarity, good questions -- thanks!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

Anpu likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wish I had a little more optimism about the game's longevity. I'd really like to have my own POT, but it just doesn't feel like a wise expense.

Also, they don't seem to come with any deeds. I mean, I drop $1k or more on a town, and you're telling me that to get a nice big lot and castle for myself I gotta spend another couple hundred dollars on top of that? No trade is a thing now, if you drop a thousand dollars on a town, you should maybe get one of each size lot deed and a choice of corresponding house for each, all of the No Trade variety. Or at least your pick of a single city/castle lot and corresponding building.

8. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Can you upgrade your row lot to a PoT deed? That right there would be some savvy a$$ endgame.

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

When originally thought of, including the lot deeds, the price of towns would have been very much higher. You just have to work at getting folks to live in your town, or slowly build it up like the rest of us have.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Yes, you can upgrade your property deeds by right clicking them and using COTOs. You can upgrade the size, convert it to a tax free deed, and make it place anywhere. One key thing to note is that it is not possible upgrade to a Place Anywhere Tax Free Keep or Castle deed, as those were reserved for the highest pledges from the Kickstarter. Though, you can upgrade to a Tax Free POT Keep or Castle deed or a Place Anywhere Taxed Keep or Castle.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm not saying I need to fully furnish the entire town. But the governor of a town just dropped between 1-8k real dollars to be a governor of a town. That should get you at least one tax-free no trade largest sized lot (not including the ones that are reserved for Kickstarter pledges etc.) and a building to go on it.

12. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

If someone wants to give me some free property deeds for being a Governor, I won't stop them.

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I wouldn't change being in Mistrendur now, because of course that's where all the cool kids are these days, but still BUT...

I'm pretty sad that Novia Overland is available to people now. I chose to go to Mistrendur because that was the only option to overland. Now this? Perhaps not intention, but from this side, I feel manipulated. Not a good feeling.

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I thought that was a bit odd, too. When I first started playing, and was all wide-eyed and optimistic, I almost pulled the trigger a few times on PoTs for sale in the forums. But they were always nested, and I always felt that wouldn't be worth the effort.

15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That stinks. Maybe by Ep5 they'll be more reasonably priced. Then I could place it any of the Overwold lands.

16. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I enjoy being a Governor. It lets me be a City Engineer and I get to use the skills that SimCity taught me ;) As for the move from Nested to Overland, that has been a thread since Sarah was CS and the move to Mistrendur was talked about. So many places freeing up on the main land it was a money making opportunity for Portnip to allow nested to upgrade or possibly even sell new POTs. They decided to do both. And with the few remaining "Episode 2 Player Owned Town Overland Transfer Reservation" you can even move it to Mistrendur Overland. With the $50 Major Service Voucher and the $50 EP2 Transfer it cost the same as the overland transfer I paid to move my town during the land rush.

As for the cost... yeah a steep buy-in but during the sell off that happened a while back (Glad that is over now) POTs were cheap. And originally if you bought a POT during the Kickstarter they came with anywhere from 1 to 3 deeds. That option expired though. Now it is not necessary for a Governor to supply lot deeds. Everyone get a no trade Row and Village for starting and completing the story line. Of course there are a few wonderful and generous Governors that do provide lot deeds so all an Avatar needs to bring is a house and their stuff.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

You can also become a Steward of a Player Owned Town! if you have a good reputation within the community maybe a Governor will give you the role of Steward =D

18. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I think the ep2 holdfast were priced more accurated and afterall POT itself is the flywheel for afterward purchases and upgrades.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

they told us that there would never be new pots on Novia this is your last chance to have one here pretty much buy now or suffer the secondary market (it would be very easy to find videos supporting this look for monthly telethons just prior to persistence July 2016). However this was also said for expiring now/forever rares. I get they need money but they have seriously burned the people who invested most and had the most faith in the project. Personally this is the reason why I stopped supporting the game with my dollars. When ya promise people a policy imop you should not change it.

I think my goals for sota have changed I don’t have any emotional investment in it any more, Really my concern or wishful thinking is now tied to seed invest If I look back when I really cared for this game I think I might be furious.

lol, im sure pots in eps2 will be buy one get one.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    arcdevil, Sulaene Moon and Cordelayne like this.
  20. formol

formol Avatar

That was Portalarium... Catnip made no promises to anyone .. when ownership was transfered to catnip all previous engagements were null and void that includes seed invest and any promises made to backers .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.