[Moved to the Wiki] The List of Once A Day Quests

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Anpu, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The last time I tried this it was repeatable. I have not had the time to confirm and verify if this has changed currently.

Mal Hari and Royou like this.
  2. Royou

Royou Avatar

Ok no offence intended, your doing a great job, thank you for all your hard work.

Mal Hari, Rentier and Anpu like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

They did fix some quests between anpus update and now, might be why it is now a daily!

Btw what is the experience reward for it right now?

Mal Hari and Royou like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it obvious how to finish this without loosing virtue?

Mal Hari likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes.

Mal Hari likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just checked and confirmed. This is now only a once daily quest. Updated the post.

Mal Hari, Rentier and Royou like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Added:

Retrieve 5 Paintings

Troll Toenails

Mal Hari and Elgarion like this.
  8. Beaudacious

Beaudacious Avatar

For the arcane catalysts.

Enter any siege.
    Talk to the scout upon entering
    Kill the various siege engineers around the siege, to collect 18 catalysts.
    Turn them into the scout at the entrance.
    You do not have to kill the Cabalist.
    You can run multiple sieges, getting and stocking up the catalysts, and then just walk in and turn them in.
    You can do the turn in once daily, but can collect as many catalysts as you need.
    If doing with multiple players, not enough catalysts will drop for everyone to get enough. You will have to do multiple sieges to get enough for everyone.

Elgarion, Mal Hari and Anpu like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Entering Spindelskog (Normal) from Mistrendur
    Skarde: Hail again, outlander. Let me know when you have another Spindelskog runestone to sell. Remember, they are important to maintain the spirit warders that surround this haunted wood.

You receive 961 gold!
    You gained 53248 experience needed for skill development!
    You gave an item (Spindelskog Runestone) to Skarde.
    Skarde: Yes, this is a fine runestone. Here's your reward. Return tomorrow with another and I can pay you for that as well.

10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

... and the first daily quest a player encounters:
    Highvale outskirts - Elven tea leaves for Esmeralda. Mention "tea" to hand in, once you done the quest for the first time there's no need to go to her to get the quest again.
    Tea leaves drop from obsidian elves.
    Reward: 250 gold and 16K exp.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The last time I checked, all 3 of the outskirts heirloom and tea leave quests were repeatable. So that’s not a daily quest.

But currently they are now all broken.... (they give no rewards).

12. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

True, the heirloom quests are broken, but the Elven tea leaves one worked fine yesterday. Including Esmeralda not accepting more that one batch of leaves a day.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Anpu this is a great list. Since we have way too few quests as it is in the game imo side quests are precious few. I would love to see these lists appear one day in our knowledge journal which would of course include other precious information to include a tab for our newly implemented task/achievement system, a tab for our, housing info, music system etc. Imo the work on lists you and others do should be a great place to start to get the new journal in place. @Sannio @Elgarion. Great job Anpu.

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Updated some of the post and also added a new section about the daily outskirts quests. These seem to now be a once a day quest.

That comes across as a bit odd, but for actual new players, doing all 3 of those quests in the outskirts daily will start to add up (that IS Crafting and Adventure XP)......

Also of note Sannio did start adjusting some of these rewards (XP and gold). But I don't believe he has gotten to all of them (like doing one of the outskirts daily quest gives the exact same amount of XP for the Tier 5 Letter Quest)....... ;)

As of Build 1253, 2 of the 3 outskirts areas are not currently give rewards though (noted in the OP). I'll update that once they are working again.

15. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The list at the start of the thread was inspirational! I just updated rewards for most daily quests. Some got a bit of a bump with their rewards, which will take effect with the next release. (Hopefully the problem with the Outskirts heirloom quests not giving rewards will be fixed with this change.)

By the way, there are two dailies you missed. One was Hartley in Solace Bridge Outskirts, who also accepts heirlooms just like Heloise except "no questions asked." There will be a monetary different between Heloise and Hartley, in that Heloise always gives the same amount of gold while Hartley's gold amount will be randomized. The second one is Huntsman Sven in Highvale Outskirts, who accepts animal hides on a daily basis.

I'll also mention that the Oracle virtue test was technically using a different mechanic, but as of next release it will be using the same system as all other daily quests. The most notable changes will be that starting the test won't start the timer as it has been but concluding it will, and the timer reset will now happen at the same time as all daily quests.

We also have a few interactions that are tracked daily, if you want to include them here. They're not quests and don't give experience or gold, but they can affect virtue scores once a day. Their details are a bit spoiler-y in that I don't think we've ever revealed them before, so I'll hide the details below.
    Your virtue is affected when giving/refusing a beggar a coin, but only once a day. Beggars are in a few cities throughout the world.

Your virtue is affected when giving/refusing a news hawker a tip, but only once a day. News hawkers are currently only in Aerie.

Your virtue is affected when telling/not telling some innkeepers "about your day," but only once a day. Innkeepers of this type are in a few cities throughout the world.
    I won't reveal the details of all daily interactions, but I think the info I gave you above is good stuff to share.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

kaiser in ulfheim will take an ulfheim runestone once a day, too

Anpu likes this.
  17. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Tryin hard not to comment

It's only kinda working

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is it something related to my list or these quests in general?

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's like saying "The List of Cheeseburger Hamburger With Cheese Restaurants".

Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks... that was rather worded bad. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.