1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Wish on the "shortlist" of quests

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ysold, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Would it be possible to order the "shortlist" of quests that is show on the main UI in order of difficulty? That is, the easiest first and the hardest last.
    At the moment, my shortlist contains only quests that are "impossible to do right now", while the quests that I actually can do need lots of paging in my quest journal, so I usually forget there are still fun things to do!

Ysold.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can right click and hide taks that you're not ready to look at yet. you can add them back to the task list but right clicking on them in the journal.

Elgarion, Ysold and Anpu like this.
  3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Amazing, I never knew that - so helpful!

4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

It'd be great to see a few changes to the journal. Every quest needs...

• a region name and / or scene name (where applicable)
    • the name for the quest chain (if applicable)
    • an identifier to state if the quest is an oracle, * faction, repeatable or daily quest
    * ya I know factions don't really exist yet but Chris mentioned the possibility recently

There could be other additions, but those changes would remove a lot of confusion players currently have. I hear from new / returning players several times a week about how they are lost with the quests and have no idea where to go or what to do and quite often they just give up which is a big player retention issue.

Having the scene name or region name would help those players navigate the world as they move around and lose track of where they picked up quests. Many of the quests don't contain enough details, especially for new players to the game, to work on those quests.

Knowing the name of the quest chain would help players get help from other players since we'd have an easier way to reference what quest the questor is trying to work on. I certainly don't know every quest but I can quickly learn and advise new players on which quest chains they should focus on within their journal. As it is now I have to ask a bunch of questions to figure out if they've done a particular quest or not, which 1/2 the time they don't even know. Having simpler ways to identify quests within a quest chain would help to guide them onto their next steps.

5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I suggested color coding them too years ago to see what questline they were from. Lost in Jira.

6. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I don't think color coding would be enough. Most new players would likely have no idea what the significance was. It would be a good idea though as an additional piece along with other journal changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.