Cabalist Sieges for Pvp - ers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

@Chris

I dont normally pvp... but i would and im sure many other players would, if a system like this got implemented , with clear rules , without mindless killing and decent rewards . The Cabalist siege has almost all systems need it to create a team vs team war zone for players .

Any player travelling on world map can enter a siege and talk to the scout at entrance to activate the pvp encounter .

[​IMG]

He immediatly gets teleported in a new siege scene ...while this is happening a system wide message is sent ingame ( this one is important ... so players can join the fight ) .

[​IMG]

Anyone in the world can click the Join button ( he is alerted that is about to be flagged ) and gets teleported to the new PVP scene .Each team is teleported in an opposite side .

You can limit to 5v5 or 10 vs 10 .... Players are assigned randomly to one of the two teams . One Team has to destroy the catapults ( which will need to be buffed up a bit maybe 5000-10000 hp each) and kill the cabalist which spawns at the end ( The defending Team ) .... the other team has to defend the catapults from being destroyed and the cabalist at the end from being killed ( The attackers). If the catapults and the cabalist is not killed/destroyed within 30 mins the attackers win . ....if they are destroyed The defending team wins . Resurection at ankhs can be 10 sec max duration .

As i stated earlier players are randomly assigned to one of the 2 teams or they can be assigned based on adventurer level ... to make sure one team doesnt get all high lvl players .....

After the fight is won the winning team could get 2000 arcane catalysts ..the losing team 1000 arcane catalysts... They can use these as currency in the siege store ...can be accessed at entrance through the scout or just create a separate one .

[​IMG] Used as currency in the siege store ...can be obtained as a reward from winning a siege or from looting npcs in a siege .

Siege Store ( in time more stuff can be added here maybe some unique deco items so on... )
    [​IMG]
    To make this work youll have to make the cabalists and their npc recognise friends from foes .... and to make it more interesting you can allow players who join on the cabalist side to heal him .

For those who wish to have no part in pvp can still farm the cabalists sieges normally as for pvp a copy scene is created ....Players can also choose not to receive these ingame announcements ....just add one more box for ingame announcements that players can tick on or off ...

[​IMG]

For those worried about carebears joining and going afk just to get the catalysts ...they can be kicked by the party leader or if half the party kicks him out hes out ...and another players can take his place ...

2. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Well thought out, very interesting and would definitely entice pvp action. Unfortunately, ideas have never been the problem, implementation has always been the problem. The Devs could do this or any number of other good ideas that have been put forth, they just don't have the will to do so. PvP'ers aren't welcome here.

A++ for creativity, effort, and design, but nothing like this will ever be implemented. They are trying their best to get rid of us, not encourage us to play.

Unfortunately it's not that simple, it's not about whether THEY want to pvp, THEY don't want pvp here period.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

How about assigning to sides based on virtue? Brings virtue states of avatars mean something.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

...and thats something Chris will have to work hard in the future to disprove...with action rather then words. I cant stress this enough ....how important well fleshed out pvp systems can be for a game . Hopefully it will happen sooner rather then later .

5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

How is he going to disprove his own modus operandi? He has had plenty of time to show that he cares about pvp'ers, he doesn't.

Besides, there are only like 4 of us left anyway, so what difference does it make?

CatherineRose and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, no thanks.
    Our small team has much better things to do...

7. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

See what I mean? How can we even consider wasting development time on pvp related topics when we have sunflowers, bbq pits, and beach towels to make?

It's not like they are shy in their discrimination. Doesn't matter that the game was marketed as including pvp, all pvp'ers are unworthy of content.

8. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Yes, it's hard work taking 60,000 backers down to 500, they don't have time to waste.

9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

No they don't.

What's been added to the game the past dozen or so releases has not been great. Something like this would be fun for a different group of the player base that could really help grow the game. Creating a fun and engrossing pvp system (whether it's something like this, or one of the other great ideas in the past) would do wonders for end game players like myself. Unlike the content they have been working on lately. I couldn't tell you the last time I read the release notes and got excited. And that really sucks because I like all different types of game play - rp, pve, deco, trade, pvp, etc.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I really like this idea. I don’t ever pvp but possibly would even try this. No idea if I would still do it, but I would probably try it once.

11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I agree it is a great idea, well thought out with effort to make it interesting. We've had lots and lots of good pvp ideas presented, we just don't ever get them implemented, or if they are, they completely miss the mark such as the supposed new pvp 'que', which is nothing more than a 'looking for a duel' in the existing looking for group feature that no one is going to use, and not what the pvp'ers asked for, or obsidian trials that doesn't allow group fighting, has been broken more than it has been fixed, has no equitable rewards, and no reason for anyone to go to.

A system like Elrond proposed would take the pvp to the open world, involve attractive rewards, and would actually be enticing to pvp'ers to participate in. And those are also 3 reasons why it would never get implemented. 1-the majority of the scant playerbase remaining, doesn't want to see pvp in the open world, 2-You can't offer ANY rewards to pvp'ers for content that is not also achievable without risk by the dancers/decorators, 3-the majority of the scant playerbase remaining doesn't want pvp'ers here period. *see FrostII's immediate negative response above.

You did a great job Elrond, I really like it. Wish someone cared. :/

12. amarious

amarious Avatar

A++++

13. Net

Net Avatar

I think it is a decent idea. There are two things I dislike about PvP in SotA.
    1) It is extremely inconvenient to casually PvP because of the ransom system. I tend to carry a lot of valuables on me and huge stacks of reagents, because it is handy in PvE... Getting ready for PvP is huge time-sink for me. And not getting ready is a gold sink. I hardly kill anyone because I am not really speced for PvP, I may run away and hide and survive, but not win. And even if I win, the other guy is more likely than not ready for PvP and has nothing valuable on him and even if he stole valuables from me before, I am unlikely to get them back... So this whole asymmetry is really annoying barrier for me.
    2) The second thing is how utterly meaningless PvP is and how there are no consequences. No one really cares about the small virtue impact it has and even if you do it is easy to circumvent it. I had some awesome time PvPing in this game. but there has to be some clear objective, some purpose. The RP event that partly took place in PvP areas was wonderful. I think that Elgarion's gathering tournament is not bad either. I still think it would be great to have some faction system in game, players could be able to influence it during some PvP events... And joining a side should have consequences. Betraying a side should have even more consequences. Would be nice if there were options for giving up and sparing your enemies, some fights are quite pointless. If the systems were right, some PvPers would side with bandits, some would be guards, people who do not like to fight could go about their day without being involved in this.

Oh yeah, and one more thing that bugs me since the start. I like to think of myself as a healer. And very early on I lost option to heal and resurrect non party members. I would prefer to have friendly fire (at least in PvP) and ability to heal everyone (in PvP) than vice versa. It is not that important now, I do not take part in huge PvP battles much and rarely participate in PvP events, but it is quite inconvenient and quite frustrating. I do not really understand why in PvP zones all the non-party members are enemies. Why people on my friendlist are not at least neutral, so I can heal them and rez them.I am not good at killing my enemies, but I would like to think I am good at healing my allies, only I cannot. Unless there is a party which is imho unnecessary limitation.

PS: Sorry for my rant that might got bit off-topic, short version is that I want some meaningful PvP in the game.

14. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

This is a great idea @Elrond but like @Grumpy Krabnevir has stated, neither this or anything decent, pvp related is ever going to happen in this game. Overwhelmingly, we have a decent community but there is a small, very vocal very toxic group that has no room in their hearts for different types of players such as pvper's and as such, dodo (cause of censorship lol ) on them every chance they get. @FrostII response was the prime example of this, toxic, no room in heart. Unfortunately, chris listens to this terribly toxic group and so the game is destroyed a little bit every day and the player base declines. I would LOVE to see something like this implemented and would definitely participate but I have no hope it every will.... Like Grumpy said, there has never been a shortage of ideas for all the types of content this game needs. What's lacking is the will on the part of the developers to implement any of the ideas. They also tend to listen to the wrong people about what's best for the future of this game...... "abandon all hope ye who enter shroud" hehe

15. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Toxic, adj. anyone who disagrees with @ShurTugal . (Hint, you're the toxic one here, and it's not helping your argument)

Honestly, this is the best idea I've seen come out of the PvPers in a long while. Usually it's just "give us more XP bonuses."

That said, anyone who thinks there's nothing left that needs worked on hasn't been in game. There is a giant list of bugs, and that's not even counting the down-right broken level of misbalence that's been introduced between the armor types recently.

FrostII likes this.
  16. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

No friend. I love it when people disagree with me. It means its a opportunity for me to learn more and expand my understanding of things, assuming they bring a strong enough argument. I will never call someone a name or disparage or demean someone for disagreeing with me. I will have the discussion and whom ever brings the best argument, well there you go. These people on the other hand, demean, name call, post disrespectful meme's, take things out of context in order to attack someone, you name it. THAT'S toxic. Having a respectful conversation where both sides may not always agree is NOT. so no, I'm NOT toxic. thanks for your input friend. Your opinion is valued to me.

17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

o_O
    o_O
    Show me 1 post.
    Your toxicity towards pvp is showing, please hide it and stop making stuff up.

18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You fail to realize that the negative things you are mentioning about group pvp and not being able to do things to other players originated from the new flagging system implemented to help non-pvper exploit the pvp bonus. Non-pvp flagged groups can now get the pvp exp bonus. This is an exploit and the devs know about it but refuse to change it. I will not get into it because I dont want to derail the thread but the jist of it is that the devs listened to a bunch of anti-pvp trolls and got the flagged system changed to group based flagging. When it used to be that you could only flag off another player or from the oracle, now you can change flags with party invites. Still agree with some of what you said about pvp and ransoms. Never liked ransoms and how it worked but I digress..

Concerning the proposal here, I think its a fantastic idea and would make sieges so much more appealing and perhaps make pvp something people can dip their toes into. As long as there is no way to spawn camp and no way to lose ransoms in there. Most first person shooter games have a spawn area that is inaccessible by anyone, you can only exit the area, and cannot use abilities or cast in it or near it. This would solve spawn camping for such a siege. Cause once players know where people ress, they will send someone to slow down the enemy at their spawn. Other than that, I love the concept! Great idea @Elrond

Adam Crow, Net, Elrond and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I think the biggest problem right now are people who are automatically negative about every idea in the game, regardless of the source, but direct that negativity directly at the developers. That is the biggest roadblock to PVPing, when you log into the game and the world chat is full people people being rude to each other and calling the developers names. Some people seem to be blind to the fact that they do this, it seems.

Just had a great conversation last night about the idea of Voodoo magic coming into challenge chaos for PVPers and could have a bonus to the skills based on whether or not you have pvp trophies of the person you are casting spells on, so it gets stronger the more you PVP and would drive the economy for player pieces since cannibal stew is more of a novelty currently than something to drive demand for chef gameplay.

I would love to see more risk/reward for PVP as I am dipping my toes into it. ransom is a fine middle ground for people who rage quit over losing an item, but I would like to see a reason people don't want their bones to be listed on the market, aside from just pride.

Cabalist sieges that take place inside a town when the town has been flagged for PVP would be a great way to engage people who want to form a pvp guild and encourage others to come attack the town on the side of the cabalists or to defend it - a simple thing like declaring for which side before entering town and it turning into a dynamic group vs group event for an hour would make excellent streaming material IMO

20. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

@Elrond Wow, this is a great idea. I am absolutely no pvp person, did only a little pvp training with Antrax once.
    But if this would be implemented i would go there.
    I also could see this as a really cool and funny Sunday afternoon guild pvp activity. And i am sure most of my guildies think so too.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.