Shadow Beasties in Spindleskog

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. They still drop ghost loot. 6k-10k hp mobs that give ~20 gold and a few corpse wax.
    2. Shadow essences- I realize the potions you can make are pretty good, but it took me ten hours of farming to get eight of them. Maybe bump the drop rate up a tad bit?
    3. Potion recipes- did these make it in? And do we know they are dropping? Ten hours farming, and not a single one dropped. (Or, is the Release 80 announcement wrong, and they don't drop from shadow creatures?)

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How many essences are required for a potion?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I went to spindelskog, killed a couple shadow spiders (before the client crashed), got no essences and determined that it's not worth my time. Back to ESO.

Arya Stoneheart, kaeshiva and Anpu like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

8 for the recipe, presumably you get three potions. It uses three flasks, so I'm just assuming three, as I haven't gotten the recipe yet. (Somebody who "got" them in offline posted a screenshot in another thread.)

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(And once I got enough essences, I tried to see if any of them were discoverable. They are not.)

6. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

I thought the essence + recipe drops and then making the potions could be interesting. Could make Spindelskog interesting apart from the nice scenery. After 3 hours of farming where i got 2 essences and a handful of corpse wax i thought "Why bother?" and left. Most likely not to return anytime soon

Luno, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Nothing I'm reading here is doing anything whatsoever to entice me to log on.

Torrell likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

New cooking recipe, popsicles :) .

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Hey Portnip Games, adding consumables that people want to use and then making the ingredients super rare does not make for a fun game mechanic. Every shadow creature that you loot should have one essence.

Torrell, Luno, Jikininki and 2 others like this.
  10. odyssey2003

odyssey2003 Avatar

I have been hunting creatures for 3-4 days ( before the increase in drops ) and got 16 essences about with no recipes!. I Finally got 1 receipt and now I have over 30 essences with hundreds of kills. For level 12 creatures the lute is sub par in my opinion. More balancing is needed on the Lute and drops rates

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Like I said, each creature needs to give one essence and even that would be pushing how much grinding you need to do (kill 8 shadow creatures) in order to craft 3 potions. It's sad that Portnip's idea of fun is endless grinding.

12. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Almost everything added to this game is incomplete, unbalanced or broken. Zero polish is going into anything new released. Most the time something is released, tinkered with, forgotten and then left broken. How many new mobs have been added with subpar loot? Has the warp spider loot ever been it fixed? I could list many issues but it isn't worth the time any longer and most bugs are not listened to. Sad to see the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Since voicing these issues has not seemed to work over the years, I now just voice it with my wallet. ;)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  13. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

EVERYTHING has subpar loot. Some has gotten "better", but nothing i've fought has loot worth the effort. Evaluating and rebalancing all of the loot tables and logic could have been done years ago. Instead we end up selling off most of the crap we get to vendors for pennies. w00t.

Fenris

Torrell and Luno like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same. I have a big investment in this game, so I'm not just going to walk away but I'm also not going to plunk down any more money, especially when they completely ignore my bug reports.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The whole shadow essence thing is like dangling a carrot in front of you and making you run 20 miles to get the carrot but you've spent way more calories than what the carrot will replenish.

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I agree the drop rate is too low (actually, I think it's not bad now, except that at my level, the damn things just take too long to kill) but I also feel like people are sorta losing it over this one tiny new thing in an under development scene. Maybe because it was one of the only new things added this release, it's getting more attention than it deserves. I don't think we're intended to be gulping down shadow pots every ten minutes; they seem a little OP and are probably more something you'd reserve for a boss fight. If things are still garbage here in six months, that'll be different. Especially if the scaling loot is ever put in, and it still sucks. (Or gets worse.)

On the other hand... I think we all know that if it doesn't get fixed in the next few weeks, it'll be entirely forgotten once the team moves on to the next shiny new thing.

Luno, Anpu, GMDavros and 1 other person like this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It........ kinda looks like a slight increase was made?

[​IMG]

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The drop rate was doubled, and they now drop 1-3 instead of just 1.

Might be that it sucked so much at first, people stopped going there after the first surge. Or, SotaMath. I definitely get more than I did, but I'm so slow killing them, it's not a huge jump. I know there's people who can tear through the things in seconds, and they seem to feel the drop rate is good. At least, the one I spoke with while in the scene, watching them blow through a spider in a few hits.

I think an even bigger issue is that the poison might* be kinda dumb. It's pretty good, but given that nearly anything strong enough that you'd use a limited-availability poison on is likely immune to it, it might be sorta useless. I'm not going to waste it on Rise elves or Tartarus satyrs, and if bosses and undead are immune, what good is it?

* I haven't actually used it yet, but I suspect mobs are either immune to poison or not, rather than immune to specific poisons.

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you can play on QA and they do a copy of the live server you could go try that potion on various creatures.....

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm more interested in the dodge potion... unless that actually didn't make it into the game (I don't know, I haven't found any recipes yet).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.